2008 9-Man First Round Playoff Schedule

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2008 9-Man First Round Playoff Schedule

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I still can't believe that NB/SB score. Did anyone see that one coming? I'm a little surprised that Northstar got it handed to them by so much too. Haven't seen RTH play, but they must be tough.
This is completely out of the blue. I pretty much thought region 1 was weak outside of Napoleon and Oakes. I also thought there was a pretty good chance North Border was the best team not to have a bye.

The little information I did get on the game was North Border was a good passing team, someone should be able to confirm or deny that, and I'm betting the weather didn't help much for a team that likes to throw the ball around. I wish someone had more information on this game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:31 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:
ZP4L wrote:Ellendale had their chances. They got in the redzone three times in the fourth quarter, even getting to the half-yard line and coming away with nothing every time.

Sounds odd considering they have one of the best "power/speed backs" in the country? Hmmmm.

In the country? Let's not get carried away, I would place him in the top 5 in the state for 9 man, but let's not be crazy. Lakota simply took advantage of their opportunities, Ellendale did have their chances but could not finish, where Lakota did when they had to.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby bear » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:12 am

justplayalready wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I still can't believe that NB/SB score. Did anyone see that one coming? I'm a little surprised that Northstar got it handed to them by so much too. Haven't seen RTH play, but they must be tough.

Northstar could move the ball, but couldn't score, They also couldn't stop anything. NS defense has been a bit of smoke & mirrors, but exposed against good physical teams.

NS would move the ball 40-50 yds, stall out & back up, RTH would run 1-2 plays & hit a big one. NS would drive again, turn over after a good drive & RTH would run a play for a score....Etc until it was out of reach.

RTH isn't a huge team, with most guys being in the 6'1" 200 range(backs bigger than lineman), but they play, run, and hit...that's tough to stop from the skilled positions.

How do you think Berthold will match up with R/T I watched R/T and Central McC. play first game of the year, Central McC won 16-14 I thought both teams played well. Bertholds one loss came from williams county which i didn't see but heard it was very physical hard hitting game, and that berthold just folded. i think berthold will struggle against a good physical defensive team like R/T, I think this will be a close game espcially being in richardton.
bear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby E@stern Executioner » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:11 am

EHS1998 wrote:
ZP4L wrote:Ellendale had their chances. They got in the redzone three times in the fourth quarter, even getting to the half-yard line and coming away with nothing every time.

Sounds odd considering they have one of the best "power/speed backs" in the country? Hmmmm.

In the country? Let's not get carried away, I would place him in the top 5 in the state for 9 man, but let's not be crazy. Lakota simply took advantage of their opportunities, Ellendale did have their chances but could not finish, where Lakota did when they had to.

A. You still didn't answer the question...what happened to their crazy power running game from the half yard line with the game on the line?

B. Doesn't he supposedly hold the National single game rushing record? Just curious.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:05 am

bear wrote:
justplayalready wrote:

Northstar could move the ball, but couldn't score, They also couldn't stop anything. NS defense has been a bit of smoke & mirrors, but exposed against good physical teams.

NS would move the ball 40-50 yds, stall out & back up, RTH would run 1-2 plays & hit a big one. NS would drive again, turn over after a good drive & RTH would run a play for a score....Etc until it was out of reach.

RTH isn't a huge team, with most guys being in the 6'1" 200 range(backs bigger than lineman), but they play, run, and hit...that's tough to stop from the skilled positions.

How do you think Berthold will match up with R/T I watched R/T and Central McC. play first game of the year, Central McC won 16-14 I thought both teams played well. Bertholds one loss came from williams county which i didn't see but heard it was very physical hard hitting game, and that berthold just folded. i think berthold will struggle against a good physical defensive team like R/T, I think this will be a close game espcially being in richardton.

I have no clue what Berthold has, so I have really no idea...RTH will hit them & have a nice crowd getting them going. RTH defensive weakness would be at the corner against big WR's

I'm hoping for a RTH at St. John game next week!
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ZP4L » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm

EHS1998 wrote:

A. You still didn't answer the question...what happened to their crazy power running game from the half yard line with the game on the line?

B. Doesn't he supposedly hold the National single game rushing record? Just curious.

Arnold had two big runs that got the ball close, but they never gave him a carry on the half yard line. They gave it to a different back who didn't get in, then they got a false start penalty, then they tried passing until they turned it over. In fact, they went to almost a complete pass offense for most of the fourth quarter to very little success (A couple INTs, an open drop in the endzone, etc). I don't understand WHY they didn't run Arnold more when they were in the redzone. Especially when they still had almost the entire 4th quarter to go. Because they weren't shutting down Arnold's run game as much as it was said like it was. I don't know the yardage, but still probably had a respectable 150 or so.
ZP4L
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:49 pm

justplayalready wrote:
bear wrote:
justplayalready wrote:

I have no clue what Berthold has, so I have really no idea...RTH will hit them & have a nice crowd getting them going. RTH defensive weakness would be at the corner against big WR's

I'm hoping for a RTH at St. John game next week!

The time I saw R/T play I was not really all that impressed. They're passing game was not really clicking but that's not to say it won't be this Saturday. I haven't seen Berthold play-I've just mostly been going by what's been said on this site and in the papers, but I also see it being a hard-hitting game. Only difference is that I see Berthold moving on.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DiggerDan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:53 pm

According to the Herald, Lakota's Aronson had 278 yds on 48 carries. These stats probably came from Lakota so the yards might be suspect. But 48 carries?!?! Talk about riding your horse.

edit - it may have been 378 yards. In the honor roll, it says 278 but in the line of the week, it has 378.
DiggerDan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 pm

DiggerDan wrote:According to the Herald, Lakota's Aronson had 278 yds on 48 carries. These stats probably came from Lakota so the yards might be suspect. But 48 carries?!?! Talk about riding your horse.

edit - it may have been 378 yards. In the honor roll, it says 278 but in the line of the week, it has 378.

either way, thats a huge load to carry in one game. Like other 9-man teams, I'm guessing Aronson also plays on the defensive side of the ball, thats alot to ask for a single player. However, it is play-off time so you do what you have to do in order to get the win and continue on..
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby the freak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Aronson had 378 yards and the only reason he had so many carries was because of the weather
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bill Cartwright » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:09 pm

I think Berthold will have a good chance at advancing to the Semis. They better bring everything they have on Sat. Berthold definately knows how to score, and they will score, their defense will be the key to how far they go in the postseason. Playing a perfect game is a must when it comes to the playoffs, and Berthold doesnt turn the ball over much. Maybe a few fumbles this season but their QB hasnt thrown a pick all season. One thing that Berthold does lack and hurts them is when they meet up with a real physical team. They flat out got beat up playing Williams County, but we will see what happens. Should be a very exciting next few rounds. Good luck to all Teams
Bill Cartwright

Postby psycho » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Lakota stats for the game as told to Lakota players by coaches. Aronson 48 carries/378 yards. Lakota total of 395 rushing/0 passing. Ellendale 90 yards rushing/110 passing for 200 total. Arnold 20 carries/80 yards.
DiggerDan wrote:According to the Herald, Lakota's Aronson had 278 yds on 48 carries. These stats probably came from Lakota so the yards might be suspect. But 48 carries?!?! Talk about riding your horse.

psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby ZP4L » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:13 pm

psycho wrote:Lakota stats for the game as told to Lakota players by coaches. Aronson 48 carries/378 yards. Lakota total of 395 rushing/0 passing. Ellendale 90 yards rushing/110 passing for 200 total. Arnold 20 carries/80 yards.

Wow, I was way off in how many rushing yards Ellendale got. It seemed like way more than 90. But yeah, Aronson got a LOT of carries.
ZP4L
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:26 pm

I will take R-t and Mott regent in this round those kids have played alot of football together and have speed and are tough
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man