North Border vs Lakota

Postby the freak » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:01 pm

who do you thinks gonna win and why
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Re: North Border vs Lakota

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:30 pm

the freak wrote:who do you thinks gonna win and why

Should be a good one. Earlier in the year I would of said North Border by 20, but the way Lakota is playing lately its going to be a battle.

North Border struggled to stop the run against Thompson. Lakota has a big line that gets off the ball extremely well. Lakota also has a very quick and shifty back in Aronson. Although hes not that big, hes hard to find behind the line and tough to bring down.

Lakota did a good job against DP who runs almost the same offense as NB. By the looks of the box scores it looks like they have been running the ball more lately. I am going to say that plays into Lakota's favor.

If the game is close NB could start opening up the offense more and throwing it around. This is where Lakota could struggle to match up with NB's height.

North Border 40 Lakota 36
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:00 pm

North Border 54, Lakota 38

This game always seems to be high scoring and North Border can score more ways than Lakota
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:47 am

Hinsa wrote:North Border 54, Lakota 38

This game always seems to be high scoring and North Border can score more ways than Lakota

Wow, looks to be a high scoring contest. So, unless Lakota wins, they are 4th?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 am

EHS1998 wrote:

Wow, looks to be a high scoring contest. So, unless Lakota wins, they are 4th?

Correct, if they loose it will finish 1. DP 2. NB 3. Thompson 4. Lakota
If Lakota pulls off the win there will be a 3 way tie for 2nd.

Thompson beat Lakota 36-20
North Border beat Thompson 40-36
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:31 pm

North Border 50 Lakota 21

To much speed and size for the Raiders
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:10 pm

I am not familiar with Lakota at all, I assumme are they pretty tough as they are coming out of a tough region. Can anyone shed any light on them? What do they run for an offense? Who are their standouts? Sorry, just trying to expand my horizons.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby psycho » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:38 pm

This was a great game to watch. Both teams played hard the entire game. Lakota led at the half 24-14. Lakota defense forced some big turnovers in the first half and North Border forced some big turnovers in the second half. NB took the lead with two td's in the third quarter. Lakota had two big plays called back in the second half. Lakota QB broke a QB sneak towards the end of the third quarter for a 5o yard TD but got called back when ref through a flag way behind the play as he was walking into the endzone. Lakota would have been up by at least 10. Raiders didn't end up scoring as they turned ball over after that. With four minutes to go Lakota stops NB at around the 25 yard line. Lakota throws some kind of halfback pass and goes for about 60 yards down to the NB 20 yard line. Play gets called back for holding and Lakota doesn't do anything with it after that. Goal line stand gives the ball back to Lakota with about 10 seconds to go and game ends on some type of fumbled run. Flags play a big part in win for NB and loss for Lakota. Entertaining 9 man game for all in attendance. Only game of the day in the Alerus center as other 3 were huge blowouts. Region 3 will send four quality teams to playoffs in DP, NB, Thompson and Lakota. Wouldn't be surprised to see bottom three all win on Tuesday and maybe a couple of them again on Saturday. core more ways than Lakota
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:32 am

EHS1998 wrote:I am not familiar with Lakota at all, I assumme are they pretty tough as they are coming out of a tough region. Can anyone shed any light on them? What do they run for an offense? Who are their standouts? Sorry, just trying to expand my horizons.

or you're trying to find something out about Ellendale's 1st round game...not that that isn't allowed

How did this region turn out? I'm trying to fill in my bracket.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:07 am

Flip wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:I am not familiar with Lakota at all, I assumme are they pretty tough as they are coming out of a tough region. Can anyone shed any light on them? What do they run for an offense? Who are their standouts? Sorry, just trying to expand my horizons.

or you're trying to find something out about Ellendale's 1st round game...not that that isn't allowed

How did this region turn out? I'm trying to fill in my bracket.

Funny, thanks, but you give me WAY too much credit. I am simply not that good of a football mind to take something learned on a message board and employ it to any advantage. I was curious because we obviously do not play that often. I do appreciate the laugh though.

Region 1:

1 Napolean 8-0
2 Oakes 7-1
3 Ellendale 6-3
4 South Border 4-4
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 am

I have to do this.....what was the actual final score of this game? 54-38. I think I was pretty close. :shock:
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby psycho » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 am

The final score was 28-24. When I posted the recap of the game yesterday, I somehow screwed up your previous post by accident. My fault.
Hinsa wrote:

I have to do this.....what was the actual final score of this game? 54-38. I think I was pretty close. :shock:
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:43 pm

psycho wrote:The final score was 28-24. When I posted the recap of the game yesterday, I somehow screwed up your previous post by accident. My fault.
Hinsa wrote:

Ah Rats! I thought for once in my life I got something right. :(
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man