Stats - Award Candidates

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Stats - Award Candidates

Postby Twinkie12 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm

My bad about the topic. Did not even pay attention to that.

Did I really "bad mouth" the kid? Wow, are you sensitive?!?!

And no, there is not a team from Region 2 or 3 that they could face in the playoffs that they will beat? Thompson, NB, DP, Lakota, Richland, W-L, Hillsboro. Not going to happen.
Twinkie12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Twinkie12 wrote:My bad about the topic. Did not even pay attention to that.

Did I really "bad mouth" the kid? Wow, are you sensitive?!?!

And no, there is not a team from Region 2 or 3 that they could face in the playoffs that they will beat? Thompson, NB, DP, Lakota, Richland, W-L, Hillsboro. Not going to happen.

I'm sorry but when you say "who cares how many yards he has".....your taking away from what this young man has accomplished....how many yards did you run for? exactly. Know what your talking about before you downplay his work this season.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Here are some notables that could make the all state team....

I am sure I am missing a lot.... I am just naming off players that come off the top of my head.

QB's
Tanner Komrosky, North Star
Tyler Luehring, Dakota Prairie
Quinn Ellison, Divide County

RB's
Jason Hagen, Oakes
Evan Gross, Napolean
Zach Grothman, Hillsboro
Nathan Arnold, Ellendale
Michael White, Berthold
Grant Singer, Central McLean

WR's
Michael Smith, North Border
Kyle Lamb, Dakota Prairie
Zach Kennedy, North Star

LB's
Andrew Grothman, Hillsboro
Max Johnson, North Border
Cole Laber, Napolean
Alex Kroke, Dakota Prairie

DB's
Jacob Erbes, Napolean
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Twinkie12 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:03 pm

I know how our TEAM did. There was never a focus on anyone's stats after a game. Just W's and L's.

Does it really matter to you how many yards I had? I can about imagine the type of player you were if you are this hot about this.
Twinkie12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:10 pm

Twinkie12 wrote:I know how our TEAM did. There was never a focus on anyone's stats after a game. Just W's and L's.

Does it really matter to you how many yards I had? I can about imagine the type of player you were if you are this hot about this.

and no one said anywhere that his team was going to win state.....they just brought him up for the awards....end of discussion
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:37 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Here are some notables that could make the all state team....

I am sure I am missing a lot.... I am just naming off players that come off the top of my head.

QB's

RB's
Jason Hagen, Oakes
Evan Gross, Napolean
Zach Grothman, Hillsboro
Nathan Arnold, Ellendale
Michael White, Berthold

WR's
Zach Kennedy, North Star

LB's
Cole Laber, Napolean

DB's
Jacob Erbes, Napolean

I think you can add Nate Arnold and Josh Morissey from Ellendale to the LB list as possibilities. And Gross and Hagen to the DB list. Also Danny Hangard as a WR.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Twinkie12 wrote: And no, there is not a team from Region 2 or 3 that they could face in the playoffs that they will beat? Thompson, NB, DP, Lakota, Richland, W-L, Hillsboro. Not going to happen.

Okay, got it, I didnt realize what regions it was limited to. I know nothing about Thompson, NB or DP so I cant say otherwise. You apparently have seen all of these teams to state this with such certainty. As such, I respect your opinion.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:48 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Here are some notables that could make the all state team....

QB's

RB's
Jason Hagen, Oakes
Evan Gross, Napolean
Zach Grothman, Hillsboro
Nathan Arnold, Ellendale
Michael White, Berthold

WR's
Zach Kennedy, North Star

LB's
Cole Laber, Napolean

DB's
Jacob Erbes, Napolean

just a correction jacob erbes is from richland qb/db not napolean
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan70 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:22 pm

hagen has 1293 yds and 29 tot TD before last fridays game.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I second a lot of these nominations so far. Here are some additional names:

O-line - Bill Breen, Hillsboro. The anchor of the line that is averaging over 300 yards on the ground in the first half. Scores dicatate the Hillsboro starters don't play in the second half.

O-line/LB - Jake McLean, Hillsboro. Wrestled at 160 last year, lifted weights and bulked himself up to a ripped 190 for football. Plays beside Breen on the o-line, a punishing tackler at LB. Leads the team or close to the lead in tackles.

LB - James Ihry, FSHP. Tackling machine. Only thing holding him back from more ink this year is FSHP is not quite as good as last year. When FSHP is successful, Ihry is a big reason why.

LB - Juan Enriquez, Richland. I don't know what he's done lately, but in the Richland upset of Hillsboro, Enriquez shadowed Andrew Grothmann and did a great job of limiting Grothmann's yards.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Kenseth » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:15 pm

O-line/LB - Jake McLean, Hillsboro. Wrestled at 160 last year, lifted weights and bulked himself up to a ripped 190 for football. Plays beside Breen on the o-line, a punishing tackler at LB. Leads the team or close to the lead in tackles

AGREED! Jake is one of the better linebackers you'll watch for not getting a whole lot of credit. He fills gaps hard and is a tough kid.
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:59 pm

Nate Arnold ran for another 300 + yards this evening. Played 1 series in the second half.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 am

EHS1998 wrote:Nate Arnold ran for another 300 + yards this evening. Played 1 series in the second half.

Grothmann brothers ran for 160 each and Meyer ran for 140. Played 2 series in the second QUARTER.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Nate Arnold ran for another 300 + yards this evening. Played 1 series in the second half.

EHS - I see you deleted your response to Hinsa that you had posted? Were you worried about brutally losing an argument?
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Scared of a message board conversation? I assure you not, I just felt that I was starting to be a bit too negative and I didnt want to go there, especially considering we are talking about high school sports. These kids deserve better than that. I do feel pretty confident in my beliefs on this particular topic but I didnt see it being a productive discussion.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:45 pm

EHS1998 wrote:I do feel pretty confident in my beliefs on this particular topic but I didnt see it being a productive discussion.

HOPEFULLY we'll get a chance to see next Saturday. I'm guessing that 40 carries for 100 yards won't get it done against the Burros defese.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:49 pm

your sure giving Mr. Arnold and his teammates alot of locker room material
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:54 pm

The Schwab wrote:your sure giving Mr. Arnold and his teammates alot of locker room material

:roll:
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:58 pm

The Schwab wrote:your sure giving Mr. Arnold and his teammates alot of locker room material

Ummmm.....should Ellendale play Hillsboro...either way they lose.

Option A:
Ellendale loses with "locker room material"

Option B:
Ellendale loses without "locker room material"

Pick your poison.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 83football » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:14 pm

In my opinion Nate Arnold has never been big headed about his performances all year. He gave credit where credit was due...example: he credited his offensive line on his still questionable 500+ game against South Border. He's never bad mouthed his opponents. He is more concerned about winning and along the way the good fortune of his rushing yards have come his way.

And as for locker material...there has been enough members on this sight that bash Nate Arnold but for some reason their favorite player is always better. Even if you were to say he didn't get 500+ yards in that game against South Border and said he only had half that he still has a total of about 2,000 on the year...still a pretty good season for a #3 team in region one.

It's still hard to compare against any of the region 1's RBs Hagen, Gross, and Arnold what's not to like.
83football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football45 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I like the bickering.

My take on the Ellendale vs. Hillsboro possibility.

Arnold is good, no doubt, but even if he does run for a 150 or 200, it still wont matter. If he puts up 4 TD's , Hillsboro will score 8. If ellendale scores 30, Hillsboro scores 65. If ellendale scores 6, Hillsboro scores 35.

My point is Hillsboro, no matter who they face, offensively cannot be stopped. They will outscore you no matter how good you are. and if they are destorying you, they will let up.

I know i sound like i need to get off of Hillsboro, but seriously look at their box scores. They score 40 before half almost every game. Its unreal
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Let me clear something up. I was not bashing Arnold at all. He obviously is a talented runner.

EHS posted some stats, I posted some stats. That's all.

EHS is boosting Arnold as an award candidate, I'm boosting the Grothmanns and Hillsboro in general as award candidates. Nothing wrong with that.

I hope that Ellendale and Hillsboro get to meet on the field. I'd love to see Ellendale's running game square off with Hillsboro's defense and vice-versa. It would be a great challenge both ways.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:44 pm

83football wrote:In my opinion Nate Arnold has never been big headed about his performances all year. He gave credit where credit was due...example: he credited his offensive line on his still questionable 500+ game against South Border. He's never bad mouthed his opponents. He is more concerned about winning and along the way the good fortune of his rushing yards have come his way.

Agreed. I know of Nate from wrestling as well and he seems like a good kid. My point was not meant as a knock at him but more so at a "fan" obsessed with justifying his 30+ carries a game. That will NOT work against Hillsboro (asuming they make it that far).

83football wrote:Even if you were to say he didn't get 500+ yards in that game against South Border and said he only had half that he still has a total of about 2,000 on the year...still a pretty good season for a #3 team in region one.

The real question (for me) -- did his sister take stats in ALL the games or just the one in question?
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Hinsa wrote:EHS is boosting Arnold as an award candidate, I'm boosting the Grothmanns and Hillsboro in general as award candidates. Nothing wrong with that.

Yep and I posted a response after he posted (and then deleted) this:

"That only leave Grothmann 900 yards behind Arnold on the season. Go ahead and rationalize that."

Probably a good idea to delete it, though, since the conversation would have turned to number of carries. Zach would have 3000 yards on the season with that number of carries. Seriously.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:48 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:
Hinsa wrote:EHS is boosting Arnold as an award candidate, I'm boosting the Grothmanns and Hillsboro in general as award candidates. Nothing wrong with that.

Yep and I posted a response after he posted (and then deleted) this:

"That only leave Grothmann 900 yards behind Arnold on the season. Go ahead and rationalize that."

Probably a good idea to delete it, though, since the conversation would have turned to number of carries. Zach would have 3000 yards on the season with that number of carries. Seriously.

I know hillsboro is amazing....but you guys are making them out to be unstoppable....IT'S HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS anything can happen!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man