St. John?

The teams in 9 Man

Re: St. John?

Postby football45 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:40 am

St. John.....enough already
Good team, weak region, weak schedule.

Lots of stats and numbers always makes a team look good.
Gaurentee it.......write it down, if they meet Hillsboro or Napolean in the playoffs, which i think would ahve to be in the title....

Hillsboro absolutley destroys them........by 30
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby psycho » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 pm

I know this topic is about St. John, but I find it humorous that while you mention both Napoleon and Hillsboro in the East, you have Hillsboro in the final. The last 3 years I looked at post season scores Napoleon always seems to have more points in that match up. As far as St. John goes, I think many peope are underestimating what they can do this year. I also think they are in a weak region overall but I would not be surprised to see them do very well in the playoffs in the West.
football45 wrote:St. John.....enough already
Good team, weak region, weak schedule.

Lots of stats and numbers always makes a team look good.
Gaurentee it.......write it down, if they meet Hillsboro or Napolean in the playoffs, which i think would ahve to be in the title....

Hillsboro absolutley destroys them........by 30
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby yoyo08 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 pm

slater72 wrote:
FOOTBALL_101 wrote:St. John, is the most overrated team in the state any sport any division!!!!!!!! They could not compete with Napoleon, Hillsboro, Central Mclean, North Border, Dakota Prairie!!!! Last year everyone thought they were great and what happened??? They got it handed to them by Mott Regent in the playoffs, they are the product of the worst division in any sport in the state, when playoffs come the real St. John will Show up!!!!!
you do not know what you are talking about. st. john had mostly juniors that started that did not have much experince in varsity or even playing in the playoffs and experience is an important part of football. st.john only had two or three seniors that actually started. mott had 13 seniors that have been in postseason games. [b]conditioning was a big part of the win for mott. they did play in a tougher region than us and had to play full games. most of the points came in the second half so get your facts straight before you judge a team on one game football_101[/b]

slater72, m/r handed it to you guys last year.. you believe conditioning played a big role. they played 2 full games in the regular season.. central mclean, and r/t, other than that, the starters were out by the end of the 1st or 2nd quarters, just face it st. john plays in a weak region and wont do nothing in the playoffs.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

St. John?

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 am

I wouldn't underestimate this team. They're the best 9-man team I've seen this year. They are averaging 57 points a game. Last year they averaged nearly 50 points too, but the big difference of this year's team vs. last years ... is defense. Last year's team gave up nearly 25 points a game, this year's team is giving up less than 10.

Yes, I agree ... the Woodchucks have yet to meet up with top 5 competition, but that's not the player's fault. It's coming. Speed kills in 9-man football and this team has a ton of it. Last night they knocked off TGU 62-0 and here are their TD runs ... 31 yds, 38 yds, 38 yds, 58 yds, 18 yds, 3yds, 80 yds, 11 yds, and 39 yds. 9 TD runs and over 400 rushing yards. Pretty impressive. And the starting backfield didn't have any carries in the second half after being up 40-0 at halftime. They actually remind me of the speedy Richland team from a few years ago that won the championship.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby armedndangerous » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 am

They have yet to meet up with top 20 competition I think the winner of MR and Divide Co. goes up to St. John and ends the woodchucks season.
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:01 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:I wouldn't underestimate this team. They're the best 9-man team I've seen this year. They are averaging 57 points a game. Last year they averaged nearly 50 points too, but the big difference of this year's team vs. last years ... is defense. Last year's team gave up nearly 25 points a game, this year's team is giving up less than 10.

Yes, I agree ... the Woodchucks have yet to meet up with top 5 competition, but that's not the player's fault. It's coming. Speed kills in 9-man football and this team has a ton of it. Last night they knocked off TGU 62-0 and here are their TD runs ... 31 yds, 38 yds, 38 yds, 58 yds, 18 yds, 3yds, 80 yds, 11 yds, and 39 yds. 9 TD runs and over 400 rushing yards. Pretty impressive. And the starting backfield didn't have any carries in the second half after being up 40-0 at halftime. They actually remind me of the speedy Richland team from a few years ago that won the championship.

Everybody is intitled to there own opinion, I have seen St. john 2 times this year including last night, and i just don't think they add up to a contender, But if they do win it all i will be the first one to eat my words and congradulate the woodchucks!!!! but lets see what happens in the playoffs when they have to meet stiff competition.
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby slater72 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:47 pm

yoyo08 wrote:
slater72 wrote:
FOOTBALL_101 wrote:St. John, is the most overrated team in the state any sport any division!!!!!!!! They could not compete with Napoleon, Hillsboro, Central Mclean, North Border, Dakota Prairie!!!! Last year everyone thought they were great and what happened??? They got it handed to them by Mott Regent in the playoffs, they are the product of the worst division in any sport in the state, when playoffs come the real St. John will Show up!!!!!
you do not know what you are talking about. st. john had mostly juniors that started that did not have much experince in varsity or even playing in the playoffs and experience is an important part of football. st.john only had two or three seniors that actually started. mott had 13 seniors that have been in postseason games. [b]conditioning was a big part of the win for mott. they did play in a tougher region than us and had to play full games. most of the points came in the second half so get your facts straight before you judge a team on one game football_101[/b]

slater72, m/r handed it to you guys last year.. you believe conditioning played a big role. they played 2 full games in the regular season.. central mclean, and r/t, other than that, the starters were out by the end of the 1st or 2nd quarters, just face it st. john plays in a weak region and wont do nothing in the playoffs.

well that was last year and this year is a differrent story and we cant help what people think of us but play one gme at a time and as best as we can if we get beat well thats just football
slater72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yoyo08 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:08 pm

well that was last year and this year is a differrent story and we cant help what people think of us but play one gme at a time and as best as we can if we get beat well thats just football[/quote]

st john hasnt played anybody good yet.. they wont match up even close to m/r or divide. those 2 teams actually have a defense. one of them will end st johns season in the second round.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:20 pm

You have to be realistic about M/R's chances. Beating Divide County in the playoffs is no easy task regardless of the losses they've taken this year. M/R is definitely talented, but their biggest weakness is their inexperience. Like they say anything is possible in the playoffs, and if M/R of DC can pull off the upset on St. John it would be incredible. Good luck to all teams in the playoffs.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Good Luck to St. John's they hav produced some quality players and created a new powerhouse in that region. They should be proud of what they have done. Last year cinderella this year they could be the bell of the ball.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 am

Yeah, St. John plays in a week region....but they are doing to teams what good teams do....blowing them out! It would be a different story if they were undefeated and winning games 24-20 or 31-30, something like that, in a week region. Whose to say WC or B/OR or DC or M/R or "insert team here" are over-rated? The playoffs are coming, the best team (s) will win...then people can talk.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:54 am

It sounds like the consenus is region 4 is weak because St John has rolled on everyone...St John has rolled on some good teams. They have everything it takes this year...Size, speed, & talent. I also saw a lot of desire that you cannot coach. The only thing that hasn't been tested is how they hold up mentally if they are down or in a close game.

They are one of the top 4 teams in the state & should easily get into the semis. Then we'll see how they stack up against the perrenial powerhouse teams that seem to get lotsa love here...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby johnt8921 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:35 am

St. John is good but not as good as a school like Berthold or divide county. they havent had to play a full game yet this year. ( their closest game is like 48 to 24 against wells county). it will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs. (Personally i don't think that they will get out of the second round
Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down.
johnt8921
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hawkeye99 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:51 am

Not as good as Berthold? They beat them last year by almost 50 points in the playoffs, St.John only lost 3 players from last years team. What do you think makes Berthold 50 points better this year? Hope they got faster, because St.John's speed killed them last year, and St.John hasn't lost any speed this year.
Hawkeye99

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:05 pm

johnt8921 wrote:St. John is good but not as good as a school like Berthold or divide county. they havent had to play a full game yet this year. ( their closest game is like 48 to 24 against wells county). it will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs. (Personally i don't think that they will get out of the second round

That's what makes this message board fun. We're all entitled to our own opinions and then we'll find out in a few weeks who is correct. I've had the chance to see 12 of the 50 9-Man teams play this year so far. It's just my opinion, but I have St.John as the best team of those 12 ... and Divide County and Berthold-Our Redeemer's are two of those 12. St. John is better than Divide and Berthold from what I saw, on those given nights. Come playoffs ... who knows? Divide County is a better team now than they were in late August when they lost to Williams County (now #1 ranked), and Berthold-Our Redeemer's is putting up points like St. John is (around 55 ppg) ... but can their defense step up in the playoffs? They didn't last year ... but I think they will this year.

All three are solid teams and good luck to them in the playoffs, may the best team win.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby KK_JJ_PP » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:12 pm

Well...Top Five Ranking dont me nothing, Playoff's is on the way..and any team can be beaten...the way it looks...But St.John Vs. Williams County in state championship game
KK_JJ_PP

Postby imperials » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:28 pm

KK_JJ_PP wrote:Well...Top Five Ranking dont me nothing, Playoff's is on the way..and any team can be beaten...the way it looks...But St.John Vs. Williams County in state championship game

st.john and williams county cant meet in the finals, they are in the same half of the bracket
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby future star » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:30 pm

st. john keeps winning and for that i give them props but lets see what they can do against some real comp.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inurfacefootball » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:26 pm

has anyone thought for a moment that st. john is just a good team? Napoleon crushes the competition every year...so does that mean they are in a weak region as well? I doubt it, napoleon is a very, very solid football team as is st. john so before everyone starts making assumptions about what is going to happen to st. john in the playoffs let's just see what happens on saturday, THEN say whatever about the woodchucks after they "play real teams"
inurfacefootball

Postby football45 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:53 pm

A fun fact.....according to Maxpreps.com,
St. John has the weakest schedule strength out of all 9man teams while Wyndmere/Lidgerwood has the strongest.

something interesting i guess.
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm

What is that based on, tho? Teams that actually update their scores/stats on the site or is it based on the records of all the teams in the state?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Beston51 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 pm

i would like to see st. john win state for region4 but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. it would be cool to see a team from our region win state and prove region4 is not as weak as everyone says they are.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:31 pm

Please play the game. This is like watching CNN and the Obama's
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm gonna go and make a prediction that whoever wins out of Divide County and Mott-Regent will beat St. John on Saturday.
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wildguy131 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:55 pm

MR shut out Divide 22-0. looks like st. john will face MR. should be a good game
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man