Best QB

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Best QB

Postby football22 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:47 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Just so ya know, I am not trying to start anything, I think they are both very good quarterbacks.

I found some stats for Central Valley's QB, Cody Waslien, through 6 games, 557 yards passing with 8 td's and 2 ints. 401 yards rushing with 4 td's. Like I said in an earlier post, this year instead of throwing a ton out of the spread, they are running more option and trap with him out of the spread

Is 4.72 yards a carry really that good for a QB in the spread, i think that it should be higher
football22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby psycho » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:01 am

It is interesting to me to see all these numbers quoted by people on this web site about numbers. Luehring is quoted as having thrown for 295 yards against CV and yet when you look back at the Honor Roll that GF Herald puts out each week it says that he threw for 268. Against Lakota he is quoted as having thrown for 230 yards and two td's and run for one but again if you look at the Honor Roll it says that he threw for 173 yards and if you look at the box score of the game it says that Tony Waklee rushed for one of the 3 DP TD's that evening. I am pretty sure that coaches send in the info to the GF Herald. I didn't take the time to look up Komrosky's #'s but I wonder if they are skewed also. If people are going to put a bunch of numbers up here for everyone to read, you might want to check the accuracy of them so there is some credibility for them and not just numbers that don't mean anything.
pakkyzoo wrote:
MVP510 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:"If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know."

What did he do against a good team like St. John? Sorry but those stats are against Dunseith, NCB, and the likes.

Well what good teams has Luerhing put great numbers up on? North Border is probably the best team and Komrosky had 4tds and 285 yds against them. You cant just look at the numbers of quarterbacks because a quarterbacks numbers are only as good as the reciever and the lines play also.

North Border, Lakota, and Central Valley are all solid teams that Dakota Prairie has played against. He had over 200 yards in the first half against Central Valley with 4 tds, ended with 295 in the air and 90 on the ground. Against North Border he had 240 yards passing with 3 tds and 85 yards rushing with a td. Lakota, he had 230 and 2 td and 90 yards rushing with a td.

By the way I am not saying Luehring is better then Komrosky, you just asked who are good quarterbacks. I just figured he should be mentioned. He has been solid all year against good competition. There numbers were comparable against North Border, it just looks like Luehring is a better runner then Komrosky. I seen Komrosky play against North Border. He looked very solid, but they lost. Dakota Prairie beat North Border.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby justplayalready » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:11 am

Guess what...It's sounding like North Star, St John & Dunseith are moving east into that region next year. The four guys mentioned are all juniors. Put two & two together & it should be a fun region for fans next year who like solid QB play.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby homer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:10 am

so where do you find the honor roll besides max preps there is no stats anywhere
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby psycho » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 am

homer wrote:so where do you find the honor roll besides max preps there is no stats anywhere

Every Thursday there is an Honor Roll posted in the Grand Forks Herald that Coaches send in when athletes go over the 100 yard mark in rushing, receiving or passing. You can go to GF Herald to get past ones. The box scores for most games in this area are in the GF Herald on Saturday morning.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:36 pm

psycho wrote:It is interesting to me to see all these numbers quoted by people on this web site about numbers. Luehring is quoted as having thrown for 295 yards against CV and yet when you look back at the Honor Roll that GF Herald puts out each week it says that he threw for 268. Against Lakota he is quoted as having thrown for 230 yards and two td's and run for one but again if you look at the Honor Roll it says that he threw for 173 yards and if you look at the box score of the game it says that Tony Waklee rushed for one of the 3 DP TD's that evening. I am pretty sure that coaches send in the info to the GF Herald. I didn't take the time to look up Komrosky's #'s but I wonder if they are skewed also. If people are going to put a bunch of numbers up here for everyone to read, you might want to check the accuracy of them so there is some credibility for them and not just numbers that don't mean anything.
pakkyzoo wrote:
MVP510 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:"If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know."

What did he do against a good team like St. John? Sorry but those stats are against Dunseith, NCB, and the likes.

Well what good teams has Luerhing put great numbers up on? North Border is probably the best team and Komrosky had 4tds and 285 yds against them. You cant just look at the numbers of quarterbacks because a quarterbacks numbers are only as good as the reciever and the lines play also.

North Border, Lakota, and Central Valley are all solid teams that Dakota Prairie has played against. He had over 200 yards in the first half against Central Valley with 4 tds, ended with 295 in the air and 90 on the ground. Against North Border he had 240 yards passing with 3 tds and 85 yards rushing with a td. Lakota, he had 230 and 2 td and 90 yards rushing with a td.

By the way I am not saying Luehring is better then Komrosky, you just asked who are good quarterbacks. I just figured he should be mentioned. He has been solid all year against good competition. There numbers were comparable against North Border, it just looks like Luehring is a better runner then Komrosky. I seen Komrosky play against North Border. He looked very solid, but they lost. Dakota Prairie beat North Border.

Okay Psycho, sorry I didn't take the time to pull out every Grand Forks Herald I have. I was just doing a rough estimation of what I thought he had. That still puts his numbers around a very solid 1,100 passing and 500 yards rushing.

All I was doing was showing his numbers against the top competition he has played against in Region 3. MVP asked what tough competition he has played against so I answered him.

Your from NB so whats Dalzell's stats?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby psycho » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:03 pm

My point was that if figures are going to be quoted on this website then they should be accurate or they are just numbers that don't have any meaning. I believe Tyler Luehring to be a very good quarterback and in my opinion probably the best one in this region this year. A big part of that goes to the type of offense that DP plays which features the QB position. As far as stats go for the NB quarterback, I can't quote them because I don't know what they are.
pakkyzoo wrote:
psycho wrote:It is interesting to me to see all these numbers quoted by people on this web site about numbers. Luehring is quoted as having thrown for 295 yards against CV and yet when you look back at the Honor Roll that GF Herald puts out each week it says that he threw for 268. Against Lakota he is quoted as having thrown for 230 yards and two td's and run for one but again if you look at the Honor Roll it says that he threw for 173 yards and if you look at the box score of the game it says that Tony Waklee rushed for one of the 3 DP TD's that evening. I am pretty sure that coaches send in the info to the GF Herald. I didn't take the time to look up Komrosky's #'s but I wonder if they are skewed also. If people are going to put a bunch of numbers up here for everyone to read, you might want to check the accuracy of them so there is some credibility for them and not just numbers that don't mean anything.
pakkyzoo wrote:
MVP510 wrote:

Okay Psycho, sorry I didn't take the time to pull out every Grand Forks Herald I have. I was just doing a rough estimation of what I thought he had. That still puts his numbers around a very solid 1,100 passing and 500 yards rushing.

All I was doing was showing his numbers against the top competition he has played against in Region 3. MVP asked what tough competition he has played against so I answered him.

Your from NB so whats Dalzell's stats?
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby MVP510 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:37 am

So you dont have to take the time and look up Komroskys numbers to see if theyre "scewed" or not, hes thrown for 1572 yds, 22 touchdowns, 4 ints, and ran for 200 yds and 3 touchdowns.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man