Best QB

The teams in 9 Man

Best QB

Postby footballdude » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Who are the top QBs in 9 man. I'll start out by throwing out Ellison from Divide. Seems like a solid player. Who else?
footballdude

Re: Best QB

Postby outspoken » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Last edited by outspoken on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Josh Morrisey, Ellendale. Jr. Great runner.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby J.P. » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 am

EHS1998 wrote:Josh Morrisey, Ellendale. Jr. Great runner.

I would have to say Tyler Luerghing from Dp total stud quick with his feet and good vision to see the whole field and a very good passer.
J.P.

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:07 pm

J.P. wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:Josh Morrisey, Ellendale. Jr. Great runner.

I would have to say Tyler Luehring from Dp total stud quick with his feet and good vision to see the whole field and a very good passer.

Region 3, there are 3 quarterbacks that come to mind.

North Border's Richard Dalzell, junior, takes over for a 1st team all stater in Tanner Carpenter. Not the runner that Carpenter was, but still a very polished passer. Has one of the best wide receivers in the state to throw to in Mike Smith. Its nice having a 6'4" target thats deceptively fast and caught 35 balls last year for big yardage. They always have a chance to gain good yards on long yardage downs when they throw the go route to Smith. Dalzell throws a nice deep ball, but tends to float the short routes. He has a chance to be another Carpenter come his senior year.

Central Valley's Cody Waslien, junior, a 2nd year starter. He is best when hes running the ball. Quick feet, runs the option very well. Not a big arm, but throws the short routes pretty well. Does most of this damage on the ground on options and traps out of the spread. He has pretty good wide receivers, but none with good size. One that really stood out to me when I seen them play was Chase Luchsinger. He was very quick and shifty. Overall very solid player that plays hard.

Dakota Prairie's Tyler Luehring, junior, (he was a 2nd team all state WR last year as a sophomore) takes over for a 1st team all stater in Seth Nichols. Throws the outside routes real well. Throws a pretty good deep ball, but throws a bullet to the outside giving his WR a good chance to get yards after the catch. Has three very nice targets to throw too. 6'6" Gus Kueber, 6'2" Griffin Ham, and 6' Kyle Lamb. Lamb caught 39 balls last year, and is on pace for huge numbers this year. The thing that makes Luehring special is that he is able to make plays with his feet. Whether running or scrambling to find an open receiver, he is tough to contain. 3 out of the 5 games hes gone 225+ through the air. Hes also the teams leading rusher.

Thing that is interesting as they are all juniors. Will all have 2 years to succeed. I will try to get stats up for them if i can.

I feel one of these three have a great chance at all state honors when the year is over.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby fbfan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Lalim from Williams County is a strong, fast kid. Can burn you with the pass or the run.
fbfan

Postby future star » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:37 pm

i'll take that qb from North Star don't know his name but he is a very good passer and he has some speed.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Steve Perry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Luke Hennessy from Berthold is a leader out there. He may not be the best athlete but he is a good decision maker in the veer offense.
Steve Perry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:56 pm

future star wrote:i'll take that qb from North Star don't know his name but he is a very good passer and he has some speed.

Tanner Komrosky. He is averaging 249.6 ypg with a 64% compeltion rate and 20 TD's according to the GF Herald. I'd say that is enough for him to be thrown into the mix.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby no2much » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:30 pm

That Transtrom kid from richardton isnt bad he is a solid kid he can throw the ball and when he runs he is a load at almost 200 lbs
no2much

Postby TheBigMan55 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Stromer wrote:
future star wrote:i'll take that qb from North Star don't know his name but he is a very good passer and he has some speed.

Tanner Komrosky. He is averaging 249.6 ypg with a 64% compeltion rate and 20 TD's according to the GF Herald. I'd say that is enough for him to be thrown into the mix.

Tanner Komrosky was shut down by st.john's defense...no touchdowns...he had like -30 or-40 rushing yards and like 40 possibly 50 passing yards...
TheBigMan55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MVP510 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:28 pm

If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:39 pm

MVP510 wrote:If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know.

Luehring from DP has thrown for 240+ in 4 out of 6 games this year. The other 2 games he had 150+. With 16 passing TD's and 8 rushing td's. I dont know his exact passing and rushing yardage, but im guess around 1,300 passing yards with 450 to 500 yards rushing.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby COACHWEST » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:58 pm

MVP510 wrote:If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know.

You may want to Check into Quinn Ellison from Divide County for numbers.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:53 pm

COACHWEST wrote:

You may want to Check into Quinn Ellison from Divide County for numbers.

Yes Ellison has very good numbers and all. But he isnt that amazing of a passer or quarterback. Lofty passes and he prefers to scramble rather than sit in the pocket and throw the ball. Just a few observations..
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby MVP510 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:33 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:

Luehring from DP has thrown for 240+ in 4 out of 6 games this year. The other 2 games he had 150+. With 16 passing TD's and 8 rushing td's. I dont know his exact passing and rushing yardage, but im guess around 1,300 passing yards with 450 to 500 yards rushing.

I knew Leuhring had some good numbers. Do you know about the other quarterbacks in that regions numbers?
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby RonMexico » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:09 pm

"If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know."

What did he do against a good team like St. John? Sorry but those stats are against Dunseith, NCB, and the likes.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:32 pm

so ur tryin to tell me that jus becuz he plays in a bad region he didn't work hard for those #s?
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RonMexico » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 pm

future star wrote:so ur tryin to tell me that jus becuz he plays in a bad region he didn't work hard for those #s?

I didn't say anything about working hard. I simply implied that those numbers may be inflated due to poor competition. Its not his fault. I am curious what his numbers against St. John were though??????
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:44 pm

O.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MVP510 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:22 pm

RonMexico wrote:"If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know."

What did he do against a good team like St. John? Sorry but those stats are against Dunseith, NCB, and the likes.

Well what good teams has Luerhing put great numbers up on? North Border is probably the best team and Komrosky had 4tds and 285 yds against them. You cant just look at the numbers of quarterbacks because a quarterbacks numbers are only as good as the reciever and the lines play also.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby MVP510 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:32 pm

RonMexico wrote:
future star wrote:so ur tryin to tell me that jus becuz he plays in a bad region he didn't work hard for those #s?

I didn't say anything about working hard. I simply implied that those numbers may be inflated due to poor competition. Its not his fault. I am curious what his numbers against St. John were though??????

He was 13-21 in 3 quarters. At the end of the 2nd quarter a reciever had a touchdown but got hit and ended up dropping it.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:37 pm

MVP510 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:"If you can find a quarterback with better numbers then komrosky (1300 yds passing, 20 tds passing and 3 tds rushing and a 64% completions) let us know."

Well what good teams has Luerhing put great numbers up on? North Border is probably the best team and Komrosky had 4tds and 285 yds against them. You cant just look at the numbers of quarterbacks because a quarterbacks numbers are only as good as the reciever and the lines play also.

North Border, Lakota, and Central Valley are all solid teams that Dakota Prairie has played against. He had over 200 yards in the first half against Central Valley with 4 tds, ended with 295 in the air and 90 on the ground. Against North Border he had 240 yards passing with 3 tds and 85 yards rushing with a td. Lakota, he had 230 and 2 td and 90 yards rushing with a td.

By the way I am not saying Luehring is better then Komrosky, you just asked who are good quarterbacks. I just figured he should be mentioned. He has been solid all year against good competition. There numbers were comparable against North Border, it just looks like Luehring is a better runner then Komrosky. I seen Komrosky play against North Border. He looked very solid, but they lost. Dakota Prairie beat North Border.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby MVP510 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:53 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
MVP510 wrote:

North Border, Lakota, and Central Valley are all solid teams that Dakota Prairie has played against. He had over 200 yards in the first half against Central Valley with 4 tds, ended with 295 in the air and 90 on the ground. Against North Border he had 240 yards passing with 3 tds and 85 yards rushing with a td. Lakota, he had 230 and 2 td and 90 yards rushing with a td.

By the way I am not saying Luehring is better then Komrosky, you just asked who are good quarterbacks. I just figured he should be mentioned. He has been solid all year against good competition. There numbers were comparable against North Border, it just looks like Luehring is a better runner then Komrosky. I seen Komrosky play against North Border. He looked very solid, but they lost. Dakota Prairie beat North Border.

Very good point
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Just so ya know, I am not trying to start anything, I think they are both very good quarterbacks.

I found some stats for Central Valley's QB, Cody Waslien, through 6 games, 557 yards passing with 8 td's and 2 ints. 401 yards rushing with 4 td's. Like I said in an earlier post, this year instead of throwing a ton out of the spread, they are running more option and trap with him out of the spread
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man