Week 5 picks

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Week 5 picks

Postby nordstde » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:32 am

This is in response to the statements by BOMERSTRUCK. I played for DC from 01-04, so I'm very familiar with that region and Berthold football. I believe we started playing Berthold in region play in 2000, correct me if I'm wrong please. Berthold has been the same type of team for all of those years, especially in the last 6 or 7 years. They used to air it out constantly on everyone. They would pick up their 5 or 6 wins, go to the playoffs, and get beat right away. It seemed like every time they had a chance to score some points on someone, they would go crazy and put up 50 or whatever. And every time they played a good team, they would get manhandled. It's not always about taking out starters, it's about what kind of plays you're calling when you're up 32-0. Berthold is the type of team that will call a long pass play at that point, they have always been like that. Putting up 69 on DC this year is very impressive, not gonna lie. But just because Berthold is finally having some success doesn't mean their fans should be making classless statements about their team. I realize this is new to you guys, but try to act like you've won a big game before. Good luck against WC, should be a good game.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby twins123 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Man..... that kinda sounds like a former player just sour about his alma mater gettin beat to me! I feel bad for Berthold in some of the stuff that has been said about them on here.... but its just the same old stuff...as soon as you start winning or are any good theres always those people that feel the need to try and bring you down somehow!
twins123
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Steve Perry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm

so your pretty much saying make the JV kids run quarterback sneak or down the ball all second half? wow you have got to be kidding me....... I watched one of those blowout games and berthold started subbing down in the 2nd quarter!! and you cant help it if you score on a simple dive option play for 80 yards with the scrubs! next time get your facts straight
Steve Perry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Up 32-0 in early 2nd quarter, run the football. Is that what you are saying. If it is, I dont agree. The other team puts all 9 guys in the box and your backs get killed trying to run the ball. That is not real good either I dont think. Maybe I am way off base. The first game we actually made a point to throw the ball this year was Surrey. The passes werent deep balls, unless you call a 15 yard route a bomb. Some coaches dont like to run up the score and I dont think Bertholds does. Just my opinion. If a fan from another town says that coach was running up the score, you get a little defensive about the thing. take for instance DC 50, Mohall 14. That could be considered by some as running up the score. I dont think it is. Ints returned for a score, simple little run play that turned into a long run for a score. A person doesnt know what is going thru the coaches mind. Throw a pass to keep the defense honest, nothing wrong with that. Kids make plays goes for a TD, well the D should have made a play and stopped it. I think the coach berthold has now, he would like to throw the ball on every down if he could. He likes to air it out. Thats just him. I was kind of suprised Divide threw the ball that much.Usually they take the ball and shove it down the opponets throat.

When I played, we beat the same team every year for 4 years. Took a lot poundings in a lot of games. Football was still fun, just wished I could have experienced what these kids are going thru right now. Enough of this topic, it is what it is, and it always will be.

It is true, we have not had a team as good as this one for a long time. Heck, last year was the first time in over 20 years I think that we hosted a playoff game. I can tell you this much, it is fun to experience football like this, just as Divide has for a number of years, and to finally beat them for once is a good feeling.

Now we get to go 11-man and play teams like Harvey and Velva next year, so the town is going to ride this wave as long as it goes. So if people think I get a little out of line, all it is is excitement. I am happy for the kids.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nordstde » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 am

This is in response to BOMBERSTRUCK, (and BOMERSTRUCK only). There is nothing wrong with giving the JV a little practice in the passing game. As far a running every down when you're up 32-0, thats not what I said. Maybe I should rephrase a little. Berthold USED TO air it out, Berthold USED TO run up the score. You guys obviously have a different coach now right? Because the coach for Berthold when I played didn't coach with much class or respect. I have not paid attention very much this year, until I saw you guys put up 69 on Divide Co. Sorry if I offended you at all but I just felt the need to jump in here. This is my second post in the last year. Nice win vs. DC and I'm pulling for you guys vs. WC. Oh yeah, I don't know who the AC/DC guys is, but he needs to start thinking more before he types.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Freddy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:11 am

Boy was I glad to see the Bombers beat Divide County last week. The football program up there has come a long way from back in my day and I am glad to see those kids and Coach Sweagarden having the success they are. Throughout the years he and the team have been on the opposite end of those scores and I hope they are enjoying the good times they are having now. Everyone talks about how great the Divide County Coach and team are and have been, and I am taking nothing away from that, because they are there every year. For the Bombers, it has been a long work in process and I'm glad its paying off.
Freddy

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:21 pm

THANK YOU nordstde for them comments. I only started typing all this BS because fo the ACDC character. Saying crap like we will see how loud the smack is when we play Divide and Williams County. Crap like that stuff me off, so I get defensive about the home team, thats all. We are going to have to play a lot better on the d side of the ball if we want to win against WC. Offensively we are ok I think. With a little luck, maybe we can get a win.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Some of you High-Schoolers should stop drinking your "Hatorade" and just play the game.The game is supposed to be pure....some of you guys need to grow up and quit the trash-talking
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Hillsboro over Barnes County North
South Border over Sargent Central
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:56 am

Williams County, that is one good football team. Good defense, hit hard and flow to the ball really fast. We stuck with them till the 4th quarter. Had a couple balls that were dropped in the endzone. Didnt help losing Michael White the 3rd play of the game due to a head injury. No excuses they were the better team tonite.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:52 am

AC-DC wrote:Berthold-Our Redeemer's over Williams County - Region 5 game of the week. Being at Tioga, this one will be very tough, but after WC's suprisingly close game with MLS, I'll give this one to B-OR. Tough break with Michael White. Did he just get his bell rung or something serious? Hard to win a game without your offense.

Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood over Trenton-Trinity Christian - Could be a game. What was the lighting issue that called the game?

Divide County over Parshall-White Shield - We can just call this one a JV game. DC looked like they would rather have been at the Homecoming Party or watching the game in Ray. Tough to keep your head in the game without a challenge.

Surrey over Glenburn - Might be close. As expected.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:21 am

Michael ended up with a concussion. Doctors have cleared him to play next week, which is kind of suprising, cause he ended up having the same symptons in the DC game also. Williams County sure knows how to hit. The team needed to play a physical team like this.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:24 am

Tough break for Mohall, go all the way to Trenton and only get to play a half of football.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RonMexico » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:36 pm

I don't think discussing players medical issues is necessary. Maybe its just me
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:50 pm

BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:Michael ended up with a concussion. Doctors have cleared him to play next week, which is kind of suprising, cause he ended up having the same symptons in the DC game also. Williams County sure knows how to hit. The team needed to play a physical team like this.

I don't know who Berthold plays next week but if the Kid has a concussion I hope that maybe they sit him down and give him the time he truely needs to recover. It's a tough call though, they maybe have another tough game, but a concussion is a serious thing and getting the first one leaves you more prone to getting more. I hope that he's okay and can continue his success this year. I think that Berthold will meet up with Williams Co. again in the playoffs and it will be another great game especially if everybody is healthy.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby throwingducks » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:46 am

RonMexico wrote:I don't think discussing players medical issues is necessary. Maybe its just me

I believe that there are HIPPA (spelling?) laws that actually prohibit this and is something the site should try to enforce and regulate. They revolve around talking about and sharing atheletes injuries and personal issues.
throwingducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:36 am

throwingducks wrote:
RonMexico wrote:I don't think discussing players medical issues is necessary. Maybe its just me

I believe that there are HIPPA (spelling?) laws that actually prohibit this and is something the site should try to enforce and regulate. They revolve around talking about and sharing atheletes injuries and personal issues.

HIPPA laws deal with the treating medical facility or healthcare professionals only. If anyone else is talking about a person's injury it is essentially rumor and not illegal. Is it moral or ethical? I believe not.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hunterlaf » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 pm

it was 16-14 after the first quarter how could u say there wasnt much of a challenge but after that it all went down hill divide scored 30 points an we couldnt do anythin to many turnovers but oh well maybe next year :D
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfb75 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 pm

AC-DC wrote:
BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:ACDC, I hate to call you out on this one, Week 3 picks, you stated Expect Berthold to embarass themselves by running up the score. THat was against Glenburn.

How is that #35. Is he gonna be OK. Took a pretty hard hit in the game the other night. Hopefully nothing is seriously wrong with him, he wasnt to bad of a cover guy. Is he gonna be able to go this week.

In this topic, I was actually thinking more of MLS this year (63 -0 vs Glenburn). You can't say there aren't coaches that keep pushing with the starters when the JV should have been in at the half. When you see blow-out games and guys bragging about monster stat's, there is something wrong. Last year, DC's game against Parshall was all JV by the second quarter.

Dalyss Hanson took a blind shot from behind and got his brains rattled. He's alright, there's not much to rattle, should be ready by Friday. Possibly the best DB and reciever we have, could have used him in the second half last week. You'll be seeing a lot more from him before the year is out.

That 63-0 mls win was with 3 quarters played...the game was called because of lighting...the jv offense lead the team after half time...so sorry that the seniors played half of their homecoming game buddy
ndfb75
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfb75 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:21 pm

BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:Up 32-0 in early 2nd quarter, run the football. Is that what you are saying. If it is, I dont agree. The other team puts all 9 guys in the box and your backs get killed trying to run the ball. That is not real good either I dont think. Maybe I am way off base. The first game we actually made a point to throw the ball this year was Surrey. The passes werent deep balls, unless you call a 15 yard route a bomb. Some coaches dont like to run up the score and I dont think Bertholds does. Just my opinion. If a fan from another town says that coach was running up the score, you get a little defensive about the thing. take for instance DC 50, Mohall 14. That could be considered by some as running up the score. I dont think it is. Ints returned for a score, simple little run play that turned into a long run for a score. A person doesnt know what is going thru the coaches mind. Throw a pass to keep the defense honest, nothing wrong with that. Kids make plays goes for a TD, well the D should have made a play and stopped it. I think the coach berthold has now, he would like to throw the ball on every down if he could. He likes to air it out. Thats just him. I was kind of suprised Divide threw the ball that much.Usually they take the ball and shove it down the opponets throat.

When I played, we beat the same team every year for 4 years. Took a lot poundings in a lot of games.
Football was still fun, just wished I could have experienced what these kids are going thru right now. Enough of this topic, it is what it is, and it always will be.

I just think its funny how divide wins at home with refs that have kids on the team then go to mott and cant score a point

It is true, we have not had a team as good as this one for a long time. Heck, last year was the first time in over 20 years I think that we hosted a playoff game. I can tell you this much, it is fun to experience football like this, just as Divide has for a number of years, and to finally beat them for once is a good feeling.

Now we get to go 11-man and play teams like Harvey and Velva next year, so the town is going to ride this wave as long as it goes. So if people think I get a little out of line, all it is is excitement. I am happy for the kids.
ndfb75
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfb75 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:22 pm

ndfb75 wrote:
BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:Up 32-0 in early 2nd quarter, run the football. Is that what you are saying. If it is, I dont agree. The other team puts all 9 guys in the box and your backs get killed trying to run the ball. That is not real good either I dont think. Maybe I am way off base. The first game we actually made a point to throw the ball this year was Surrey. The passes werent deep balls, unless you call a 15 yard route a bomb. Some coaches dont like to run up the score and I dont think Bertholds does. Just my opinion. If a fan from another town says that coach was running up the score, you get a little defensive about the thing. take for instance DC 50, Mohall 14. That could be considered by some as running up the score. I dont think it is. Ints returned for a score, simple little run play that turned into a long run for a score. A person doesnt know what is going thru the coaches mind. Throw a pass to keep the defense honest, nothing wrong with that. Kids make plays goes for a TD, well the D should have made a play and stopped it. I think the coach berthold has now, he would like to throw the ball on every down if he could. He likes to air it out. Thats just him. I was kind of suprised Divide threw the ball that much.Usually they take the ball and shove it down the opponets throat.

When I played, we beat the same team every year for 4 years. Took a lot poundings in a lot of games.
Football was still fun, just wished I could have experienced what these kids are going thru right now. Enough of this topic, it is what it is, and it always will be.

I just think its funny how divide wins at home with refs that have kids on the team then go to mott and cant score a point
ndfb75
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man