the Unbeaten teams are?

The teams in 9 Man

Re: the Unbeaten teams are?

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:01 am

True they both left it on the field, but you need to step back and give Lewis and Clark their props. All you are doing is still talking about Divide, They lost! They got down and had to play from 21 down the whole game, kind of a dominating effort by Lewis and Clark. Ellison and Duhvetter are vary good ball players and deserve credit but the least you could do is give Lewis and Clark their props, they have earned it! Specail teams did make a difference but the Bombers offense couldn't even be closed to stopped and Berthold really doesnt throw the ball deep they throw it and let their athletes do the rest.
Bill Cartwright

Postby The Philosiphizer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:59 am

DOMINATING NIGHT? You do realize what the score was don't you? 69 to 54? It sounds like a basketball game! Doesn't look like Bertholds defense did that spectacular of a job either?! Special teams WERE the deciding factor of this game. AC-DC has given props to Berthold, as have I. I don't see the need to showboat anymore than you have. Great players let the scoreboard do the talking.
The Philosiphizer

Postby AC-DC » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:08 pm

From what I saw, White thinks enough of himself already, with his taunting of the DC players. No more needs to be said.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Steve Perry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:53 pm

Wow ACDC you really do not know what you are talking about.....
Steve Perry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Philosiphizer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:20 pm

The last touchdown of the game White "high kneed" it into the end zone, turned around and yelled
"Yeehaw" if I'm correct at the nearest DC player. I was at the game and my eyesight and hearing aren't gone yet.
The Philosiphizer

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Michael White was so excited to play in this game. For one, he got a chance to run against a good team and to see his capabilities. The kid had a field day. To play a game against one of the top teams in the region, for that matter, in the state, and have that many yards running the ball who wouldnt be excited. He had a good game, hopefully he can back it up against Williams County. From what I have heard, they have some really good ball players that like to bring it.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Steve Perry » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 pm

if i were michael white i would have said more that "Yeehaw" after running all over a legit team like Divide County. After seven touchdowns you should get to say whatever you want!
Steve Perry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Steve Perry wrote:if i were michael white i would have said more that "Yeehaw" after running all over a legit team like Divide County. After seven touchdowns you should get to say whatever you want!

Getting fired up after 7 touchdown is one thing .. but rubbing it in high schoolers faces is another. Show some sportsmanship and some class how bout.
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Philosiphizer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 am

Exactly, Berthold is having a great year, but I would hate to see it go to there heads and come in overconfident for Williams Co. Both teams have got to be focused for this one.
The Philosiphizer

Postby jr83h » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 am

Steve Perry wrote:if i were michael white i would have said more that "Yeehaw" after running all over a legit team like Divide County. After seven touchdowns you should get to say whatever you want!

i was quite glad to see berthold win the DC game, but this comment here is absolutely crazy, 9 man football isn't the NFL, let your play on the field speak for itself. i don't know if he did through a yeehaw out but am hoping his coach had something to say about it. i'd rather see a kid lay a smack on another, help him up, but next play lay it again. hoping that kids don't take this Steve Perry's advice and just go out and play the game.
jr83h
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 pm

The recent talk about how great Berthold-OR is doing is very reminiscent of the players from Turtle Lake two years ago. They win a game and call it a dominating performance. I agree, winning against a perenial powerhouse like Divide Co. is a big accomplishment for the program but to give up 54 points in the process is, forgive me, a little embarassing. If you score 69 points it is one thing but if you need all 69 of them to win it is another.

I grew up near the Berthold area and know some folks from that town, I am happy to see their success this year. I find it a little bothersome though that they are showing no class in how they are winning by constantly trying to rub it in after the fact. Keep some humility boys and just play the game. The way you play will be worth more than anything you say on this site. Show some respect and have fun. After all, that is what this is all about.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Williams County over Berthold 44-28. White gets shut down....I too was at the game and heard the little kid say "YeeHaw",disrespectful and i think Williams County will also be saying "YeeHaw" by the time the game is over.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bill Cartwright » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Eastwood its kinda funny that on one wall you say stop drinking "hatorade" then on this wall you trash talk, Wow!! Good luck to both teams tonight I hope it is a good game
Bill Cartwright

Postby A-Fanatic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:47 pm

This looks like it should be a great game to me. I'd like to see it played without all the trash talking. From what I've seen and read this game figures to pit a great offense against a great defense. Homefield advantage is on the line tonight as both of these teams will be in the playoffs. Goodluck to both teams and let your game do your talking!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Correct me if im wrong but i believe the remaingin undefeated teams are : Napolean, Hankinson, Dakota Prairie, St. John, Williams County, and Central McLean. Thats one team from each region.
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Hankinson went down last night to Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, 22-6. No unbeatens in Region 2.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Bill....I was'nt talking smack, all I said was that the kid was being disrespectful...by the way,don't worry about me dawg
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steve34 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 am

Basic 6th Grade English lesson for today: Apostrophes are used in the space vacated by a letter in a contraction. For example, the words "was" and "not" can be combined into the contraction "wasn't". Note that the words have been combined by removing the letter "o" in not, and inserting an apostrophe in it's place.

In the previous post, the words were incorrectly combined, inserting an apostrophe where one clearly did not belong, forming the word "was'nt".

Pardon me for being a bit a.r. on this issue, but I think our students should really learn to speak and write proper English, in case their professional ball careers don't pan out, since being make-believe gangstahs (purposely misspelled) doesn't (notice the apostrophe) pay well.
Last edited by steve34 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justbrowsing » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:38 am

steve34 wrote:
Pardon me for being a bit a.r. on this issue, but I think our students should really learn to speak and write proper english, .

I'm assuming that you purposely didn't capitalize the word English in order to teach another lesson since you're (notice my apostrophe) the grammar expert here. Those in glass houses...
justbrowsing

Postby steve34 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 am

Well, in the world of communication, batting .999 will get you by just fine. The wonderful posters here bat about .150, with all of their references to the gangster culture. So I guess I'll take my average over there's, or your's, any day. But thanks for posting. I will correct the error. I'm really looking to hearing you describe how you're a true "ballah" or "balla", and how you casually refer to your friends as "dawgs". While you're at it, could you please fit the stereotype and go to your next job interview wearing a pair of 1960's sneakers, black baggy jeans with two inches of underwear showing, a pull-over hoodie with "Southpole" or some "gangstah" lingo on it, and a baseball cap that you refuse to take the authentication logo off of or bend the brow. Oh, by the way, if you would kindly wear it at about 45 degrees one way or another from straight, that would just completely make sure you continually get turned down. Go get 'em, dawg!
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 am

I've been browsing on this site for a couple years now. The last four posts I just read are the most irrelevent, childish, and just plain stupid comments I've ever come accross. Nobody cares about you two guys. Don't make it about yourself, it's about the kids and the sports they play. If you're going to post like that just don't even bother.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:49 am

so my spelling has to be perfect for you to understand guy...i dont really care if my spelling is off. I don't think anyone really cares about my writing skills.Besides you of course.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steve34 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:58 am

An actual post from this site:

"n on da real smart iz pssibly the most athletic point guard in the wda n i think u 4gettin about hiz brotha"

You're right: Spelling, grammar, none of it matters. The whole world will adjust to talk like this.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:08 am

eastwood99 wrote:so my spelling has to be perfect for you to understand guy...i dont really care if my spelling is off. I don't think anyone really cares about my writing skills.Besides you of course.

I care, and I have come to the point of not replying to any post that has jibberish writen in the text.

It makes you and people who write jibberish look and sound like clowns.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:54 am

eastwood99 wrote:so my spelling has to be perfect for you to understand guy...i dont really care if my spelling is off. I don't think anyone really cares about my writing skills.Besides you of course.

I care about your spelling. Some of the posts on here are just embarrassing because of all the misspelled words and how easy they are to spell.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man