BCN

The teams in 9 Man

BCN

Postby football56 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Barnes County North has some good young players..all the starters are junior besides one and they only have one senior on the team and they got new coaches. They got crushed last year not winning one game. What do you all think about this team?
football56

Re: BCN

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:37 am

I had very high hopes for BCN this year, as a matter of fact I thought that they would beat Ellendale in the opener but I see they got smoked again by a mediocre team.

I am very disapointed. Quite frakly I know for a fact that BCN is loaded with talent, they may play in one of the toughest regions in the state, but if they can not compete better with Ellendale it might be another long year for BCN.

I hear so much about how great this Heinze kid is at QB yet they have never won a game with him playing QB, he needs to move back to the line where he belongs and they might start scoring some points and winning some games.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby football56 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Yeah they got the talent but they just can't seem to get it together on the field. One thing i was thinking about was there was talk of a coop with them and griggs and that might be getting into some of the kids heads making them think about what this season is actually worth. They are a team that could just click at any point and start beating some good teams. At QB that baumann kid could move the ball last year just they were all sophmores going up against senior and that is hard and on defence this year they are all bigger so that will help.
football56

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 am

I think the BCN / Griggs co. Central coop is a mistake. I do not think they should do anything until 2010.

BCN will be a playoff contender next year by accident, with a big crop of seniors and the younger players moving up will give them some depth.

Look what happened to Maple Valley with their coop with Enderlin if they could do it over again I be they would not have co-oped.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 am

I'd have to agree that it would be a mistake to coop. That would definitely bump them up to 11man and look how MV-Enderlin has faired in 11man. I wonder if there is any talk about Mv/E dissolving the coop and both going back to 9man before this new plan take affect. Also, I don't think the NDHSAA will let them coop in 2010....probably have to wait until 2011 until another new fball plan comes out.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 am

I am sure there is talk about disolving the co-op between Enderlin and Maple Valley Those schools did not think it through before they co-oped I don't think a majority of the people knew that they would be bumped up to 11-man.

Look what has happened with Richland since they disolved their coop with Kindred... playoffs nearly every year and one state championship.

Anyone listening at BCN the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Twinkie12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:24 pm

The 9-man region they are in is probably tougher than the eleven man region they will be in. They could co-op and stay in region 2 (nine man) and still get destroyed by the likes of Hillsboro, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Richland, and Hankinson. Let them go eleven and maybe they will be able to compete a little bit more.
Twinkie12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football56 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 pm

I think that the coop is crap to..I don't think that it will help that team at all. If they do coop BCN will only get maby 4-5 kids from griggs that will help. I am pritty sure that if they do coop to they will have to go to 11 man and yes the region that they will be competing in will be eaisier but at least for the short term with all the juniors this year becoming seniors next year they could be a very good team in 9-man.
football56

Postby NC_408 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:03 pm

football56 wrote:I think that the coop is crap to..I don't think that it will help that team at all. If they do coop BCN will only get maby 4-5 kids from griggs that will help. I am pritty sure that if they do coop to they will have to go to 11 man and yes the region that they will be competing in will be eaisier but at least for the short term with all the juniors this year becoming seniors next year they could be a very good team in 9-man.

They could be but i dont think they will be. I hope they are but the way these kids play is just blah. They never show any fire under them. There is only prolly three or four kids that really get pumped up on friday nights and thats why i dont really know what is going to happen with this BCN squad. I do hope that they excell though.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby trench100 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Yeah i agree there are only about 4 -5 kids out there that are having fun and are excited to be out there under the lights every friday. You are not going to win that many games with kids that are out there not getting fired up. They only have one back that seems to run the ball hard and now they just lost garrett steckler who had a lot of speed. Hopefully this team can rally and win 1 or maby 2 more games like they should with all there talent.
trench100
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man