Who has the best backfield in the state?

The teams in 9 Man

Who has the best backfield in the state?

Postby future star » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I just wanted to read what you guys think.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Who has the best backfield in the state?

Postby future star » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:08 pm

My pick is going to be NCB only cuz that is the best team i played. 8)
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm

hate to burst your bubble, but NCB will have very few numbers next year and lost almost their whole starting 9 on both sides of the ball this year. They'll have a couple back, but not many.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:38 pm

NCB wasn't that good of a team last year anyway. Mott made them look very average in the playoffs.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby COACHWEST » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:13 pm

nordstde---Who will be rounding out the DC backfield with Ellison & Dhuyvetter next year. Winfaldet?? Or do they play Haugland at QB and let Quinn be a feature back? Just curious? How about replacing Dane? Big shoes to fill.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Top team on the east side, Hillsboro has Grothmann-Grothmann Co., so id say with 3-1000 yrd rushers including Meyer at QB just might do something in 9-man next year, but you can still think that NCB has the best back field if you want
longhornfan8

Postby sports for life » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:53 pm

i think st.john has a pretty good backfield with tyler bryant at the qb, rick slater, mitch laducer, and josh davis rotating at the running back and fullback positions
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 am

Last year NCB wasn't that bad, but that was because they had haagenson. They don't this year, and their other backs didn't impress me very much. It will be tough going with out him.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Coach West, the only way Ellison will be moved from QB is if a couple of important guys go down. He has been a two year starter, and a good one at that. He will be very important if they are to do good next year. If he does move though, Justin Haugland would be his replacement. They will have 3 or 4 legit contenders to play RB for them next year. I would say Austin Dhuyvetter will stay at FB, he is a very tough and athletic kid. He could also be a very good WR, I'm guessing he will be around 6'3" when the season starts. Another possibility at FB is Senior Aaron Wagenknecht, he is a very solid blocker. As far as RB goes, I would say Aaron Windfaldet is the starter next year. He has always been knocked for his size (right now he is about 5'6" 155 lbs). Hopefully he fills out a little more, but he could be a breakout player for them on offense.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Also, as far as Divide Co. replacing key players. They have done a great job of that for years. Every offseason people question how they are going to replace their stars, and every time the season rolls around they find a way to do it. I will look for DC to once again be a big contender next season, maybe they will finally make it all the way.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 pm

What's wrong with a small runningback? Gumpy Mikkelson from hillsboro was about 4'11 110 pounds but ran pretty angry. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, especially in 9 man.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:13 am

Not to mention he almost broke 1,000 yds that year...not making it only because Gordon and Grothmann had 1,000 yds also
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Curveball » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:16 am

blue steel wrote:What's wrong with a small runningback? Gumpy Mikkelson from hillsboro was about 4'11 110 pounds but ran pretty angry. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, especially in 9 man.

Come on, theres not way there was a Varsity running back that was 4'11 and 110 lbs.....let's get real
Curveball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Johnny » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:45 am

? Smurfs are alive and well
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:14 pm

No offense to Gumpy, but if he seriously came close to a 1000 yards, that is amazing. There must be some pretty garbage defense in that region if a kid that small can have numbers like that. I'm guessing he's super fast or something.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:03 pm

I may have been exaggerating. He's closer to 5'6 145 pounds. He didn't really have blazing speed tho, just really angry. It also helped sometimes to be in an option system that can confuse defenses.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Ok, that makes alot more sense. Why whould you exaggerate that much? 4'11" 110 pounds is the size of a 5th grader. 5'6" 145lbs in 9-Man isn't that small.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:41 am

nordstde wrote:Ok, that makes alot more sense. Why whould you exaggerate that much? 4'11" 110 pounds is the size of a 5th grader. 5'6" 145lbs in 9-Man isn't that small.

Not that small?

nordstde wrote: He has always been knocked for his size (right now he is about 5'6" 155 lbs). Hopefully he fills out a little more, but he could be a breakout player for them on offense.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby future star » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:06 am

I will say TGU is solid and St.John also. :|
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Ocho Siete, why is everything I say on here wrong to you? Your reply doens't make sense anyway. I didn't say Windfaldet was too small, I said it would be nice if he filled out a little. People like you are why it's frustrating to come on here sometimes. I'm on here to talk sports, not to constantly point out possible "mistakes" in other peoples posts. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep it to yourself buddy.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:30 pm

nordstde wrote:Ok, that makes alot more sense. Why whould you exaggerate that much? 4'11" 110 pounds is the size of a 5th grader. 5'6" 145lbs in 9-Man isn't that small.

I agree, that's not too small if a guy has talent.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nordstde » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm sure most of you remember a kid named Jon Griffith from Richland. He led his team to the 2005 9-Man State Championship. He was 5'6" 150lbs and played RB and DE. He was probably the best player I've ever seen in 9-Man. He had insane numbers, probably around 2500 total yards 45-50 TD's and something like 18 sacks that year. So obviously being that size isn't a disadvantage.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:22 am

nordstde wrote:Ocho Siete, why is everything I say on here wrong to you? Your reply doens't make sense anyway. I didn't say Windfaldet was too small, I said it would be nice if he filled out a little. People like you are why it's frustrating to come on here sometimes. I'm on here to talk sports, not to constantly point out possible "mistakes" in other peoples posts. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep it to yourself buddy.

Hey man, I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, it was just odd to see you say Gumps wasn't too small, but he was 10 lbs lighter than Windfaldet...either way, both aren't too small in nine man, being a small guy myself...

And yes, I remeber the kid named Jon Griffith...I remember him knocking snot outta me, very literally, in '05...by far the most talented player I've seen
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 am

nordstde wrote: Another possibility at FB is Senior Aaron Wagenknecht, he is a very solid blocker. As far as RB goes,

Don't forget Aaron Wag's younger brother Zack at RB. He'll be Junior next year, not as big, but has some good moves and a lot of speed. Could be a Wagenknecht tag team.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby StretchMarkyMark52 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:42 pm

AC-DC wrote:
nordstde wrote: Another possibility at FB is Senior Aaron Wagenknecht, he is a very solid blocker. As far as RB goes,

Don't forget Aaron Wag's younger brother Zack at RB. He'll be Junior next year, not as big, but has some good moves and a lot of speed. Could be a Wagenknecht tag team.

Agreed, Aaron is just a powerful runner, runs low and plows through people, Zach is one speedy kid, two players to look out for.
StretchMarkyMark52

Return to 9 - Man