RUNNING BACKS

The teams in 9 Man

Re: RUNNING BACKS

Postby homer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:26 pm

homer did not quote that juan enriques will outplayed fri night and even if he does he still is a good running back on a very diversified team
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:08 pm

homer wrote:homer did not quote that juan enriques will outplayed fri night and even if he does he still is a good running back on a very diversified team

Relax, Juan. I am just messing with ya.

:wink:
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:05 pm

well i am not juan but did see him play against edgley-kulm and he is good, big and tough i just dont want the kid thinking i am trashing him
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby booyah » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:21 pm

i would have to say enriquez has had better competition so far this season with edgeley-kulm who is a very good team. and the grothmann brothers.....thompson and central valley.....no offense but two under par teams. enriquez showed he can run against a good team. this season the grothmanns havent. but i expect them to show it on friday against a tough richland D.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:27 am

D3fan wrote:Tony Waklee- DP will be a senior, i've gotta say, hands down better than James Ihry.

Just curious what you are basing that statement on?

If Waklee is hands down better than Ihry, who in my opionion is a beast at running back, Waklee, must be a frickin super star! What were his rushing totals last year? And the year before that? Because Ihry rushed for over 1,000 yards as a sophomore.

I mean thats a pretty bold statement, just wondering how you came up with comparing the two?
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:05 am

D3fan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:James Ihry- FSHP will be a junior, i've gotta say, hands down best running back next year.

Tony Waklee- DP will be a senior, i've gotta say, hands down better than James Ihry.

I can't believe you can make that statement when Tony Waklee has only started at running back one or two games.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:11 am

cubsfan wrote:
D3fan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:James Ihry- FSHP will be a junior, i've gotta say, hands down best running back next year.

Tony Waklee- DP will be a senior, i've gotta say, hands down better than James Ihry.

I can't believe you can make that statement when Tony Waklee has only started at running back one or two games.

hahaha thats a bold statement... This year, he will probably have more stats than Ihry, but thats only because Ihry has a complete new line of first year players and Waklee has a complete returning line from a state playoff team last year. hahaha woow
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:20 am

too bad we cant judge running backs only after they get past the line of scrimmage maybe that would clear up some confusion. but you are right alot of lines make rb s look good it might be after the line when the real runner comes out in a athlete
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby JJBD20 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:07 pm

anybody know anything on that Ian Keller kid from Towner!how is he???
JJBD20

Postby D3fan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
D3fan wrote:Tony Waklee- DP will be a senior, i've gotta say, hands down better than James Ihry.

If Waklee is hands down better than Ihry, who in my opionion is a beast at running back, Waklee, must be a frickin super star! What were his rushing totals last year? And the year before that? Because Ihry rushed for over 1,000 yards as a sophomore.

I mean thats a pretty bold statement, just wondering how you came up with comparing the two?

Who cares what ihry did the couple years...last time i checked previous seasons dont mean a thing...and sorry but you cant see how many yards a player gets after he gets by the line. guaranteed waklee rushes for more yards than ihry ever rushed in a season if u wana go with previous stats. no one else gets the ball in finley sharons offense thats why his stats are good. Dakota Prairie has a spread offense and multiple playmakers. Waklee shares the load with Kyle Lamb and even Alex Kroke so they won't wear down when it comes playoff time. Playoffs is the thing that really matters. But bcuz of waklee's hard running style his rushing yards will still be higher than ihrys. If you wana blame it on the line for ihry go ahead but its not waklee's fault that his line is much better with All-Region senior Alex Vasichek, Honorable Mention, senior Leland Higgenbotham, and 250 lb junior center Nathan Flom.
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jr83h » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:34 pm

"Havent seen them (R/T) play yet but with that said and them being picked for #1 in the region I wouldnt expect him to put up near as big numbers against R/T.

I do gotta hand it to him though...the kid can seriously move.[/quote]"

Singer in this game had somewhere around 220 yards and at least 175 were after first contact. carrying 4 kids on his back during 2 or 3 carries. the bis news described him right as a load to take down. between him and hulberg the opponent doesn't dare tackle high
jr83h
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:24 pm

D3fan wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

Who cares what ihry did the couple years...last time i checked previous seasons dont mean a thing...and sorry but you cant see how many yards a player gets after he gets by the line. guaranteed waklee rushes for more yards than ihry ever rushed in a season if u wana go with previous stats. no one else gets the ball in finley sharons offense thats why his stats are good. Dakota Prairie has a spread offense and multiple playmakers. Waklee shares the load with Kyle Lamb and even Alex Kroke so they won't wear down when it comes playoff time. Playoffs is the thing that really matters. But bcuz of waklee's hard running style his rushing yards will still be higher than ihrys. If you wana blame it on the line for ihry go ahead but its not waklee's fault that his line is much better with All-Region senior Alex Vasichek, Honorable Mention, senior Leland Higgenbotham, and 250 lb junior center Nathan Flom.

That's quite the guarantee. Dakota Prairie is a much better team then FSHP, yes you do have that right. Their line is better and much more experience. But for you to say that the only reason Ihry gets yards is because he is the only one who gets the ball is stupid. They run different offenses. That's not Ihry's fault. Tally up their yardage at the end of the year and we'll see if you are right.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 am

D3fan wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

First of all don't give me lesson on what offense Dakota Praire runs I know their offense, they are my favorite high school team.

YOU SAID THAT WAKLEE IS HANDS DOWN BETTER THAN IHRY. I disagree, Now if you said Dakota Prairie is hands down a better team than Hope Page Finley Sharon then I might agree with that, but you are comparing individuals, not lines. not schemes, not play offs, not coaches, you called out Ihry, who is one of the top running backs in the state and you said your boy is hands down better than him.

Last time I checked a players past stats and accomplishments have everything to do with how good an athlete is. How else could you say what type of skill level that player has?
Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:41 am

very well put. :)
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tommykramer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:26 am

In a different post I stated that Ihry was slightly overated - I Do agree that he is slightly overated BUT he is still a very good football player. The part that is hard to tell with him is - was he a good player on a good team or wil he show us he is a great player on a bad team. I know sometimes you can only do so much with what you got - but the great ones manage to do it regardless.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Brandon Martwick, now from Tri-County was discussed on this thread a few months back. How has he and the team done in the first two weeks of the season
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D3fan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:25 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
D3fan wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

First of all don't give me lesson on what offense Dakota Praire runs I know their offense, they are my favorite high school team.

YOU SAID THAT WAKLEE IS HANDS DOWN BETTER THAN IHRY. I disagree, Now if you said Dakota Prairie is hands down a better team than Hope Page Finley Sharon then I might agree with that, but you are comparing individuals, not lines. not schemes, not play offs, not coaches, you called out Ihry, who is one of the top running backs in the state and you said your boy is hands down better than him.

Last time I checked a players past stats and accomplishments have everything to do with how good an athlete is. How else could you say what type of skill level that player has?

Im not saying ihry is bad im just saying i'd take waklee or lamb before him...im not trying to degrade ihry...whatever way you look at it there all still some of the top running backs in 9-man football.
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Last friday Hope-Page trailed BCN 12-0 at the half. Coach Kainz must have figured out if I have a stallion I am going to ride him. Ihry had 190 yards in the second half with 3 touchdowns.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:57 pm

I could be wrong, but I think Grant Singer from Central Mclean is leading the state in rushing. He had 228 yds in the game against a very tough defense in Richardton-Taylor. Congrats to him and his line.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootball66 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:21 pm

i believe singer has to be one top of the list so far. i heard he put up right around 225 against both mott and RT. i dont know how he did against shiloh but i cant imagine he had a terrible game.. grant has to be over 600 yards rushing if not close to 700 already. anybody know what he ran for against shiloh??
9manfootball66
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:27 pm

9manfootball66 wrote:i believe singer has to be one top of the list so far. i heard he put up right around 225 against both mott and RT. i dont know how he did against shiloh but i cant imagine he had a terrible game.. grant has to be over 600 yards rushing if not close to 700 already. anybody know what he ran for against shiloh??

He didn't have much over 125. 2nd team played 2nd half.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby #36 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:43 pm

Grant Singer went for 4 td's in the first half vs washburn.
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jtdc492 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:03 am

#36 wrote:Grant Singer went for 4 td's in the first half vs washburn.

Any idea how many yards?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby appleman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:50 pm

JJBD20 wrote:anybody know anything on that Ian Keller kid from Towner!how is he???

i seen this kid friday night against wells county and he was not impressive at all
appleman
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 am

Gross, Napolean, Hagen, Oakes, Arnold, Ellendale and Feist, E-K are all having great years at running back, yet are hardly ever mentioned.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man