RUNNING BACKS

The teams in 9 Man

RUNNING BACKS

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:49 pm

who's the most dangerous big play running back returning for next season?
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Re: RUNNING BACKS

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:09 pm

James Ihry- FSHP will be a junior, i've gotta say, hands down best running back next year.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pfenix » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:27 pm

I have to disagree. Hands down the best running back coming back next year is Evan Gross from Napoleon. Granted he doesn't have McCleary anymore, but I still think he is the best. Over 2,000 yards rushing in one season. Some players are lucky if they break two thousand yards in their whole career.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Evan Gross hands down...just an amazing running back period.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blue steel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm

How about the Grothmann brothers in Hillsboro? They're both back next year.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Gross is good, but how is he going to get yards? he lost almost his entire line plus his fullback in McCleary. I now Laber is back, but that's only one blocker. He's going to have a tough time duplicating what he did this past year.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:41 pm

Hinsa wrote:Gross is good, but how is he going to get yards? he lost almost his entire line plus his fullback in McCleary. I now Laber is back, but that's only one blocker. He's going to have a tough time duplicating what he did this past year.

i'm guessing he'll get his yards, by carryin the ball 40 times per game
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby COACHWEST » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Berthold, MLS, Divide Co., Williams Co., all have good backs returning. Skill position players get the bulk of the attention in HS ball. That is where the best athletes tend to play. As for who is the best.....that is what the season is for.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Tucker Bartlett from BCN is a good running back. Can make stuff happen even if the holes are not open.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:23 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:James Ihry- FSHP will be a junior, i've gotta say, hands down best running back next year.

Ihry is a good back but it will be interesting to see if he gets his yards without a good line if I think correctly he lost most of his line this year the same with Bartlett I guess BCNs line is a big question going into next year.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:56 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:James Ihry- FSHP will be a junior, i've gotta say, hands down best running back next year.

That's a fairly bold statement, to say hands down...especially when FSHP is losing the better part of their Oline. Being from Hillsboro, I'm going to be a huge homer and say the Burros, with a double Grothmann backfield, plus they're returning their All-State center along with the rest of their Oline (TE Olsen is gone which is rough)...I'd say their running core could rival the tops in state.

Since they run the option though, it's hard to say that either Grothmann will be a top runningback...but they'll both have a better year than Ihry, hands down or up.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Sam Hultberg and Grant Singer will make a great tandem in the backfield for Central McClean next year. Two of the hardest hitters on last years 8-2 team. There line is depleted with only one returning full time starter, Hefta, but the other lineman played every practice agaonst tough competion. They should be able to run the ball.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan70 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Jason Hagen of Oakes should have a good year. He had a 1300 yd season last yr as a soph
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:20 am

grothman is good
fiest from E/k is good, never got as many carries cause they had 2 other great backs
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:22 pm

NC_408 wrote:Tucker Bartlett from BCN is a good running back. Can make stuff happen even if the holes are not open.

Yes i am quoting myself but the rumor is that with BCN's new head coach(Darrin Roach) Tucker bartlett will be moved to wide receiver with Justin Magee going to running back personally i think that this is a terrible decision. I dont play there anymore but i am a BCN alum and I think that Bartlett should still be starting running back. The new assistant coach, another BCN alum and great quarterback, Brandon Albrecht will be a pretty good coach he played college ball and he has an amazing understanding of the game and he can teach these young guys very well. But i dont think they will have much success if Bartlett goes to WR he is ten times the running back that Magee is. He is much more shifty and has better speed and agility. Magee is more fit for the fullback position i think anyway.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Ocho Siete wrote:

That's a fairly bold statement, to say hands down...especially when FSHP is losing the better part of their Oline. Being from Hillsboro, I'm going to be a huge homer and say the Burros, with a double Grothmann backfield, plus they're returning their All-State center along with the rest of their Oline (TE Olsen is gone which is rough)...I'd say their running core could rival the tops in state.

Since they run the option though, it's hard to say that either Grothmann will be a top runningback...but they'll both have a better year than Ihry, hands down or up.

Ihry is a really good back.... but this year it looks like he is going to have to work alot harder to find those big yards.. losing the whole offensive line is gonna hurt the team. especially james on having big games. And Hillsbro is probably gonna be running up and down people this year. with all they return the O- line minus Olsen but still will be tough in the trenches. All in all Ihry will have to work hard or there is going to have to be some suprises on the o line for FSHP. Hillsbro is gonna be running right thru teams
The stokker

Postby future star » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:52 am

Evan Gross is great. :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby no.dak. » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Gross is good, but how is he going to get yards? he lost almost his entire line plus his fullback in McCleary. I now Laber is back, but that's only one blocker. He's going to have a tough time duplicating what he did this past year.

i'm guessing he'll get his yards, by carryin the ball 40 times per game

carrying the ball 40 times per game can get really tough on a back with only 1 good lineman coming back.
no.dak.

Postby footballdude » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:05 am

Napoleon also returns their center Wolf but i dont know how good of a blocker he was. he also played some nose guard on d
footballdude

Postby NDSUbisonfan4723 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:17 pm

Who is going to be the best back in region 4
keys to coaching
1) Surround yorself with people who can't live without football
2) Recognize winners. They come in all forms
3) Have a plan for everything

"Don't give up at halftime. COncentrate on winning the second half"

"When you can't score from the 1, you don't deserve to win"
NDSUbisonfan4723
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:35 pm

NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:Who is going to be the best back in region 4

Now that he transfered Drake/Anamoose Brandon Martwick will be the best back in region 4

Philip Hoff from Wells County wasn't to bad, but he split time between RB and QB
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playin2win » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 pm

ND_Coach wrote:

Now that he transfered Drake/Anamoose Brandon Martwick will be the best back in region 4

Philip Hoff from Wells County wasn't to bad, but he split time between RB and QB

knowing that region 4 is one of the weeker regions in the state could this Martwick make Drake/Anamoose a contender in this region? or isn't he that big of a play maker because they didnt compete last year. nothing against this kid but could knowing that tri-county is week and wondering if one player could make that big of a difference- not knowing how good he is???
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:23 pm

playin2win wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:

knowing that region 4 is one of the weeker regions in the state could this Martwick make Drake/Anamoose a contender in this region? or isn't he that big of a play maker because they didnt compete last year. nothing against this kid but could knowing that tri-county is week and wondering if one player could make that big of a difference- not knowing how good he is???

I would figure him to get around 1500 yards, he was just short of 1000 last year but was not the starting running back untill 3 or 4 weeks into the season. And Milnor-North Sargent did not have a very good offensive line

Having him on offense and defense will make Tri-County better. As far as being a contender I do not know the Raiders or the region that well. I can tell you that Martwick is a legitimate player that would start somewhere on any team in the state
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playin2win » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:45 pm

do you have any info on size or build??
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am

luna from tgu is pretty good. :P
future star
NDPreps All-Conference