RUNNING BACKS

The teams in 9 Man

Re: RUNNING BACKS

Postby playin2win » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:47 am

Earnest Luna is a nice asset in the backfield he has great power and acceleration out of his stance. The throwing game for TGU did help Luna rack up some serious yards but i am not saying anythign against him he is a heck of an athlete.
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:20 pm

playin2win wrote:do you have any info on size or build??

I would guess about 5'8" 170. kind of lanky and muscular. Size wise he is nothing special, but he is one of those kids that has a motor that just keeps going, plays every snap like it is his last, even in practice. Great kid charecterwise as well, very coachable.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonfan07 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:42 pm

ND_Coach wrote:
playin2win wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:Who is going to be the best back in region 4

Now that he transfered Drake/Anamoose Brandon Martwick will be the best back in region 4

Philip Hoff from Wells County wasn't to bad, but he split time between RB and QB

knowing that region 4 is one of the weeker regions in the state could this Martwick make Drake/Anamoose a contender in this region? or isn't he that big of a play maker because they didnt compete last year. nothing against this kid but could knowing that tri-county is week and wondering if one player could make that big of a difference- not knowing how good he is???

I would figure him to get around 1500 yards, he was just short of 1000 last year but was not the starting running back untill 3 or 4 weeks into the season. And Milnor-North Sargent did not have a very good offensive line

Having him on offense and defense will make Tri-County better. As far as being a contender I do not know the Raiders or the region that well. I can tell you that Martwick is a legitimate player that would start somewhere on any team in the state

he would be a good asset even though he doesnt have a great talent but he has the willingness to win. At 6' 200 pounds he is a just wanting to play the sport that he loves alot. he only averageing 5.8 yards a carry with 169 carries. he needs to work on holding the ball cause he had a few fumbles that should not have come out. and he needs to work on handleing the pressure like in the first round playoff game against linton when he had 13 carries and only 33 yards.
bisonfan07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd_schwab » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 pm

bisonfan07 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
playin2win wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:

Now that he transfered Drake/Anamoose Brandon Martwick will be the best back in region 4

Philip Hoff from Wells County wasn't to bad, but he split time between RB and QB

knowing that region 4 is one of the weeker regions in the state could this Martwick make Drake/Anamoose a contender in this region? or isn't he that big of a play maker because they didnt compete last year. nothing against this kid but could knowing that tri-county is week and wondering if one player could make that big of a difference- not knowing how good he is???

I would figure him to get around 1500 yards, he was just short of 1000 last year but was not the starting running back untill 3 or 4 weeks into the season. And Milnor-North Sargent did not have a very good offensive line

Having him on offense and defense will make Tri-County better. As far as being a contender I do not know the Raiders or the region that well. I can tell you that Martwick is a legitimate player that would start somewhere on any team in the state

he would be a good asset even though he doesnt have a great talent but he has the willingness to win. At 6' 200 pounds he is a just wanting to play the sport that he loves alot. he only averageing 5.8 yards a carry with 169 carries. he needs to work on holding the ball cause he had a few fumbles that should not have come out. and he needs to work on handleing the pressure like in the first round playoff game against linton when he had 13 carries and only 33 yards.

brandon could help tri-county. he could be that person to show them how to win. Then all they need is a coach who some what knows what he is doing, and teach him how to hold the ball, then everything will fall into place.
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:19 pm

nd_schwab wrote:
bisonfan07 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
playin2win wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:

brandon could help tri-county. he could be that person to show them how to win. Then all they need is a coach who some what knows what he is doing, and teach him how to hold the ball, then everything will fall into place.

He doesn't need to be taught how to hold on to the ball. He had 4 fumbles in 169 carries which is about what you would expect from a HS runningback.

Who is Tri-County's coach? what happened to the guy that took them to the semi-finals, he had a great year and then was gone?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the coach that took them to the semi-finals was a student teacher or even a college student and probably got a full time job somewhere else. Their coach the past couple of seasons is now gone, too. Someone new will take over the program next year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd_schwab » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:39 am

The coach from 2005 went to texas to be a border patrolman. The coach the last 2 years left. They just signed an assistant coach who did the jv before hand.
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Nathan Arnold, Ellendale, will have a great year at RB next year.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:45 pm

nd_schwab wrote:The coach from 2005 went to texas to be a border patrolman. The coach the last 2 years left. They just signed an assistant coach who did the jv before hand.

Thanks, too bad they could not hold onto him, him did a very good job.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby freshysoon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:06 pm

i think best in state for running backs is evan grosz

and some like brandon martwick from tri county he had 1000 yds last year as a junior and being a back up for a couple games of the year
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballdude » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:04 pm

Gross has my vote for best running back, but i think that if he's going to have any success he and the whole napoleon team better spend their entire summer in the weight room
footballdude

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:04 am

old lineman wrote:Sam Hultberg and Grant Singer will make a great tandem in the backfield for Central McClean next year. Two of the hardest hitters on last years 8-2 team. There line is depleted with only one returning full time starter, Hefta, but the other lineman played every practice agaonst tough competion. They should be able to run the ball.

Central Mclean will have an underclassman, who came in after blowouts, I can't remember his name, but he was a fast, shifty runner that may turn into their feature back. I think Hultberg as fullback, this kid as HB and Singer as end. They may keep Singer up front because he is so stong and they will need some blockers and he would be a threat to catch the ball too. I don't see CM having much else this fall though.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Martwick is about 6'0 205 pounds and could add some
basketetballfreak23

Postby andy_7 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:36 pm

basketetballfreak23 wrote:Martwick is about 6'0 205 pounds and could add some

If he is this big why would they put him at running back when he would be one of the biggest kids on the team? Does anyone know if he can play anywhere else maybe like qb which they need way more than a running back?
andy_7

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:19 pm

NO he cant play Qb if he moved position on offense it would be to full back but if you move him to line or somthing you waste the talent he has. It seriosly takes 2 or 3 guys somtimes to take him down. he also is a heck of a defesive player too
basketetballfreak23

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:01 pm

basketetballfreak23 wrote:NO he cant play Qb if he moved position on offense it would be to full back but if you move him to line or somthing you waste the talent he has. It seriosly takes 2 or 3 guys somtimes to take him down. he also is a heck of a defesive player too

Definetly not a QB. He was going to be OL for Milnor/NS at the start of last season, but convinced the coaches to let him try RB, turned out it was a good decision. Even though he is big, why would give away a 1,000 yard back?

On defense he can be a DL or LB, probally a better DL though
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd_schwab » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:42 am

andy_7 wrote:
basketetballfreak23 wrote:Martwick is about 6'0 205 pounds and could add some

If he is this big why would they put him at running back when he would be one of the biggest kids on the team? Does anyone know if he can play anywhere else maybe like qb which they need way more than a running back?

no when you have a good running back you use him. Besides, line is more form and technique than anything.
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:51 am

I agree
basketetballfreak23

Postby NDSUbisonfan4723 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:07 am

I agree. Martwick will be good but the rest of Tri County's team aren't anything to worry about.
keys to coaching
1) Surround yorself with people who can't live without football
2) Recognize winners. They come in all forms
3) Have a plan for everything

"Don't give up at halftime. COncentrate on winning the second half"

"When you can't score from the 1, you don't deserve to win"
NDSUbisonfan4723
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonfan07 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:15 am

NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
bisonfan07 wrote:if every one likes evan gross for next year why all the talk about this brandon martwick kid. hes (brandon)not that great anyways. hes nothing to worry about. so all of you keeping talking about what you want but in the end it will all turn out how it is suppose to be. have a great year and have fun trying to decide who is the best cause its hard to know the best when there are so many who arent noticed that are better than gross and martwick.

I agree. Martwick will be good but the rest of Tri County's team aren't anything to worry about.

i said that martwick isnt that great i didnt say anything about team that he is on. the team could end up having a good year next year with or with out martwick. the team has all of there starters coming back except maybe 2. thats the same thing taht happened with harvey so who knows maybe they can become the next state champions.
bisonfan07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:43 pm

having an opinion is all good and fine, but in order for it to be considered anything more than just ripping on a player/team/etc. providing reasons backed with stats or observations is the way to go about posting a comparision or criticism.

just saying he is no good is essentially one of the first ways to appear to be an opposing player/town that wants nothing more than a forum to bring a player down and is a sure-fire way to no longer be posting here. user warned.
rep

Postby basketball22 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 pm

So thats why he was allstate as a running back and he was allstate on defense. so yeah i think so too he wont help that team at all.. ha..
basketball22

Postby bisonfan07 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:22 pm

basketball22 wrote:So thats why he was allstate as a running back and he was allstate on defense. so yeah i think so too he wont help that team at all.. ha..

martwick was only all state for offense not defense. there is just too much hype for one new player for a team that everyone thinks isnt going to be good. if you think hes going to have a great season than well i guess so will the team. so its either both or neither cause a good player would essentually make a bad team better. but also tri county was looking pretty good with out this kid. they already have a good running back what they need is a fullback. what is going to happen will be decided by there new coach what happens, happens.
bisonfan07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball22 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:30 am

well everyone is saying he aint gonna help that team and yeah he might be a little over hyped but you are saying he aint gonna help the team look he aint gonna bring a bad influence or anthing he will bring a attitude yeah and your right about the defese he just made like all region as it sorry about that . I also think if you have to you can stick him at fullback too.
basketball22

Postby freshysoon » Sat May 03, 2008 4:56 pm

brandon martwick for one of um and then also evan gross from napolean even though brandon has a young team around him he should be good
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man