Re: RUNNING BACKS

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:18 pm

550 yards. 8 TDs. Not too shabby.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballfan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Has anyone seen Grant Singer, from Central Mclean, run the ball. He is a well built kid. Singer is a junior. He has had some good blocking up front and from fellow backer Sam Hultberg. Hultberg has alot of power in his run. I watched Hultberg last year at running back he is a stout kid. Singer played tightend in the the 07 season, i believe, and was moved to running back. He is a very agile runner with a powerful hit. Hultberg and Singer make a good combo for Central McLean.
9manfootballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 9manfootball66 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Grant Singer had over 100 yards rushing against washburn.. dont know exact numbers for the game but im thinkin right around 125 yards. they didnt used singer a whole lot after the first quarter but in that quarter he did run for 3 of his 4 tds. hes got to have right around 12 TDs and 700 rushing yards already. sam hultberg ran the ball a little more against washburn and he looked pretty good as well. ill have to agree with 9manfootballfan these two players in the backfield is a good combo
9manfootball66
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NC_408 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:34 pm

i think Seth Peterson from BCN is prolly one of the better running backs in that region. He has good speed and is tough as nails. This kid loves to hit people when he has the ball he wont try to go around you he is gonna try and go through you. Ran for three touchdowns last week with a pile of yards. I love watchin this kid play he goes balls out every play and thats what you need to do. He also shows that burst that is needed to be a running back. So far this year he has showed me way more than bcns feature back Bartlett has.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:08 pm

I cant believe any one hasnt mentioned Michael White out of Berthold. His numbers puts everyone to shame. Granted they havent played much competition, Im excited to see what he does vs. divide county and their big boys.
Bill Cartwright

Postby 9manfootball66 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:30 pm

if this kids numbers are gunna put everyone elses to shame lets hear them. im curious wat hes put up already!
9manfootball66
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bill Cartwright » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:58 pm

White is right around 750 yards with 15 tds, but he has only played one second half of football this year. He is a special player. I am anxious to seem him play vs. a tough team and keep him in for the whold game. He is a kid who gets stronger as the game goes on
Bill Cartwright

Postby Prime Time » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:15 pm

watch for tate aronson to make some noise the next couple years.he looked impressive and is only a sophomore........ quick feet and very shifty
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Evan Gross napoleon.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:07 am

Michael White for Lewis and Clark ran for 258 on 16 carries for 6 td's and 1 recieving td vs. the supposively tough divide county defense. This kid is legit!
Bill Cartwright

Postby greatest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:00 am

Bill Cartwright wrote:Michael White for Lewis and Clark ran for 258 on 16 carries for 6 td's and 1 recieving td vs. the supposively tough divide county defense. This kid is legit!

White is one of a couple very talented RBs in region 5, hes definitely near the top of the list .
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:06 pm

White is the top. No other running backs in the region compare. Maybe Hove out of Williams County but that is it.
Bill Cartwright

Postby greatest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:White is the top. No other running backs in the region compare. Maybe Hove out of Williams County but that is it.

Definately not Hove from Williams .. not even remotely close . Keith from MLS , Kjos from TTC , Weyrauch from Williams , Billadeau from Parshall , Carlson from Westhope , Dhuyvetter & Ellison from DC , and Bloms from Berthold along with White are this regions premier runners .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby BRINGTHENOISE » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:00 pm

I'd say Grant Singer from Central McLean is one of the best runners, hes got soo much power and the kid can just keep runnin all nite, if he stay on track i see central mclean goin places. With their Line coming together blocking well, and grant running u cant realy go wrong.
BRINGTHENOISE
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Philosiphizer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:37 pm

greatest wrote:
Bill Cartwright wrote:White is the top. No other running backs in the region compare. Maybe Hove out of Williams County but that is it.

Definately not Hove from Williams .. not even remotely close . Keith from MLS , Kjos from TTC , Weyrauch from Williams , Billadeau from Parshall , Carlson from Westhope , Dhuyvetter & Ellison from DC , and Bloms from Berthold along with White are this regions premier runners .

Couldn't of said it better.
The Philosiphizer

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 am

I can't believe you think that all those backs compare to White! Yeah they all are good and legit, but White is special! NO way these backs are as good as him, not trying to take anything away from the but White is a Freak! I guess I could have been wrong about Hove he just seems like a really hard runner.
Bill Cartwright

Postby The Philosiphizer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:51 am

And I can't believe how arrogant that statement was. Could it be possible that you were wrong about all of these backs as well? White is a great athlete, there is no doubt about that and I don't think anyone would argue with that statement, but he is no "freak." I think you need to open up your horizons and not just focus on White as you have been doing.
The Philosiphizer

Postby greatest » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:I can't believe you think that all those backs compare to White! Yeah they all are good and legit, but White is special! NO way these backs are as good as him, not trying to take anything away from the but White is a Freak! I guess I could have been wrong about Hove he just seems like a really hard runner.

Yes they all compare with White. Im talking hard runners who rarely get solo tackled. And most of the others on that list are tons faster than White. Ive seen them all play a couple times and I like em all.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:54 pm

I do have to agree with you on the speed factor, Ive only saw White play twice this year. He doesnt look very fast but must be somewhat deceiving because he seems to pull away quite a bit. I havent got a chance to see many other backs play so my back on jumping the gun, I was just going by Whites stats, they just seem pretty riduculous to me. The thing I believe that helps White is that he is surrounded by a good team and makes it harder for defenses to key on him
Bill Cartwright

Postby greatest » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:18 am

Bill Cartwright wrote:I do have to agree with you on the speed factor, Ive only saw White play twice this year. He doesnt look very fast but must be somewhat deceiving because he seems to pull away quite a bit. I havent got a chance to see many other backs play so my back on jumping the gun, I was just going by Whites stats, they just seem pretty riduculous to me. The thing I believe that helps White is that he is surrounded by a good team and makes it harder for defenses to key on him

Yes he does some have some talent around him which makes things a lot easier. Most of the other good runners from this region are their team's one big playmaker, while Berthold has a couple different options there. Michael White wont outrun the defense, he will just run thru them as he is a very strong kid with good vision.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Interesting story from Friday's Wyndmere-Lidgerwood - Hillsboro game.

Andrew Grothmann busted a dive up the middle at the Hillsboro 25 and W-L's fastest guy was right behind him in pursuit and closing. At about the W-L 40 Grothmann found another gear and kicked 'er down and pulled away.

Amazing.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby punisher_47 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 am

chandler vollmer from surrey and michael white from berthold... michael white just has a ton of outstanding numbers but give a ton of credit to his line. Vollmer on the other hand is putting out some descent numbers, but remember he doesnt have a line to open holes for him. and he still put up 215 rushing yards on divide county while spliting the running back position with another kid who ran around 100 yrds. no offense to any of the surrey line but you center is 6'2 and weighs in at probably 160 pounds...
punisher_47

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:33 am

How many rushing yards does Michael White have thus far this year?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man