NDSIOUX_fan

Re: Top Teams Looking for the Title Next Season

Postby tommykramer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:47 am

Hillsboro - Napoleon
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Hillsboro and Napolean will be the top contenders. I think that Dakota Prairie and Richland also have a lot returning, but need to replace some pieces. Napolean (region 1), Hillsboro (region 2), and Dakota Prairie (region 3) should be 1 seeds in next years playoffs.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:59 am

tommykramer wrote:Hillsboro - Napoleon

Wouldn't that be a great title game?

...4th time's a charm? :oops:
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan70 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:41 am

napolean might not even be region champs next yr, but they do have laber and gross coming back
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDsportwatcher » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:10 pm

I believe that Hillsboro will win it all next year with the talent that they will have.
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSIOUX_fan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 am

In my opinion i am going to have to go with Divide County as one of the top teams. It seems as this team always has good years it also seems like they go to the playoffs every year. Divide just seems to relock and reload for the next on coming football year after one gets over.
NDSIOUX_fan

Postby nordstde » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:44 am

I would agree with you Sioux fan. Here are a few facts for you. Since 1995, they have made the playoffs every year except 2001. 6 of those trips produced Semifinal teams, One runner up and one Champ (98'). They have won their region 4 years in a row and have also been to at least the Semifinals 4 years in a row. They get knocked alot for having a "soft" region. That might be true now, but their region used to be one of the toughest in the state year in and year out. Their record in the last 4 years is 37-7, without a region loss in that span. So yeah, I would say they are definetley a powerhouse in 9-Man football. As far as next year, they return alot of talent. They will be very athletic and explosive. They won't be as big and powerful as they usually are, but they will adapt to their personnel. I will go out on a limb and say they finally come through and win it all next year.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Kenseth » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:14 am

What spots does Hillsboro have to fill for next year and who will fill them?
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Hillsboro loses a tight end/D end (Olsen), a running back/LB (Von Ruden), a RB/CB (Smeldon), and a wideout/DB (Otto).

Smeldon was out at the end of the season and Zach Grothmann took his spot and did very well, so that spot is filled. Olsen's spot will probably be filled by a soph. lineman, Garret Burg, moving out to TE/DE. Burg's spot will probably be filled by Brandon Abel who played spot duty this year when Burg was injured, so those spots are filled. Tanner Boeddeker will fill Von Ruden's spot very well. Otto was a spot starter and his combination of spots will be filled by Josh Mayo, who started at safety the last half of the season.

If any of these guys need help there is good depth in next year's sophomore class - some good football players coming. Hillsboro's future looks bright.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby old lineman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:50 am

Divide County, Mott are the top favorites in the west. Hillsburo will be a force in the east, North Border will challenge Hillsburo. Other teams in the west that should be tough Willliams county, good speed not big up front or overpowering. Central McClean some tough kids back, lack of a real fast kid and lack of a QB with experience. Napolean with no McCleary's is the start of a drought, but the will still be tough becuase of the carrythough of the programs.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:42 pm

I think you can put Edgeley-Klum on the list.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:12 pm

point/center wrote:I think you can put Edgeley-Klum on the list.

I thought they lost tons of seniors? Do they have good underclassmen coming back?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:04 pm

I think they have some of their line back next year. Their fullback, Zach Fiest, who is a very good player. He impressed me most when watching them. They loose 2 of their rb's and they qb, but I think they have a younger qb that started on defense for them. His name is Justin Rott.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:56 pm

old lineman wrote:Divide County, Mott are the top favorites in the west. Hillsburo will be a force in the east, North Border will challenge Hillsburo. Other teams in the west that should be tough Willliams county, good speed not big up front or overpowering. Central McClean some tough kids back, lack of a real fast kid and lack of a QB with experience. Napolean with no McCleary's is the start of a drought, but the will still be tough becuase of the carrythough of the programs.

Divide Cty and Hillsboro for the state title.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:20 pm

old lineman wrote:Divide County, Mott are the top favorites in the west. Hillsburo will be a force in the east, North Border will challenge Hillsburo. Other teams in the west that should be tough Willliams county, good speed not big up front or overpowering. Central McClean some tough kids back, lack of a real fast kid and lack of a QB with experience. Napolean with no McCleary's is the start of a drought, but the will still be tough becuase of the carrythough of the programs.

Doesn't Mott lose too many seniors?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:42 pm

I dont think napolean will be that good.

E/k lost alot of seniors but will still have a pretty big line, and they do have Zach Fiest who is an excellent player, i can see them going deep into the playoffs.

Who does divide, and hillsboro have im sure they will still be good.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:53 am

Hinsa wrote:Hillsboro loses a tight end/D end (Olsen), a running back/LB (Von Ruden), a RB/CB (Smeldon), and a wideout/DB (Otto).

Smeldon was out at the end of the season and Zach Grothmann took his spot and did very well, so that spot is filled. Olsen's spot will probably be filled by a soph. lineman, Garret Burg, moving out to TE/DE. Burg's spot will probably be filled by Brandon Abel who played spot duty this year when Burg was injured, so those spots are filled. Tanner Boeddeker will fill Von Ruden's spot very well. Otto was a spot starter and his combination of spots will be filled by Josh Mayo, who started at safety the last half of the season.

If any of these guys need help there is good depth in next year's sophomore class - some good football players coming. Hillsboro's future looks bright.

This is Hillsboro's year to win it. They are loaded with talent in next year's senior class, and most of their vacant spots have legit players to fill them. I thought for sure they'd have it this year, but they fell apart pretty hard when it mattered...

Next year, I predict they finally make it over that hump and take it all.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 pm

poweraidman wrote:I dont think napolean will be that good.

E/k lost alot of seniors but will still have a pretty big line, and they do have Zach Fiest who is an excellent player, i can see them going deep into the playoffs.

Who does divide, and hillsboro have im sure they will still be good.

Divide is bringin back alot of very athletic players, lots of juniors with alot of experience, not as much size as usual, but alot of intensity. Coach Brown and Nelson will churn out a good group as always.
Grandma's Boy

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:07 am

hillsboro...always good
ndsportsfan24

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:18 am

mott
whocares?

Postby StretchMarkyMark52 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 am

Mott had a very talented group of kids this year, very athletic. They have some good underclassmen but I think they lost to many playmakers to make it too far this year. I beleive only 3 juniors return.
StretchMarkyMark52

Postby no.dak. » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 pm

ndsportsfan24 wrote:hillsboro...always good

yup do agree with this one... 12-0
no.dak.

Postby Johnny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:21 pm

It is always tough to forsee the future 6 months before the fact but it is fun to try.
Hillsboro should be tough but lack of a proven passing game makes them suspect when you get into the playoffs. Mott and as always Divide County will reload with underclassmen and Divide has to be a big title favorite.
Northern Cass and Hankinson will surprise many people and Napoleon will have to bust their butts to go very far in the playoffs. North Border will have a great D line and their passing game will be tough to stop.
Staying healthy in 9 man is a premium as depth is usually lacking.
My big question: who has the best off-season program for strength and fitness? Getting bigger/quicker in the next 6 months may push borderline teams into the front of the line.
Any reports on off-season programs?
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 pm

man wrote:It is always tough to forsee the future 6 months before the fact but it is fun to try.
Hillsboro should be tough but lack of a proven passing game makes them suspect when you get into the playoffs. Mott and as always Divide County will reload with underclassmen and Divide has to be a big title favorite.
Northern Cass and Hankinson will surprise many people and Napoleon will have to bust their butts to go very far in the playoffs. North Border will have a great D line and their passing game will be tough to stop.
Staying healthy in 9 man is a premium as depth is usually lacking.
My big question: who has the best off-season program for strength and fitness? Getting bigger/quicker in the next 6 months may push borderline teams into the front of the line.
Any reports on off-season programs?

How good will North Border be?? I know they return quiet of few athletes, like Mike Smith and Max Johnson. But whose going to get them the ball?? I think Setness or Dazell were the JV quarterback, not sure which one.

From Region 3, I think it will go 1. DP (6 returing starters on offense, and 7 returning starters on defense) 2. Lakota (They have a good line coming back with the two Novaks returning) 3. Central Valley (they are young, but will give teams trouble) 4. North Border

Dakota Prairie during the summer lifts 3 days a week. Coach Magner is the varsity baseball coach, so the baseball players lift from the end of basketball, during all of baseball, and then start the summer program. Assistant coach Parsley, is the head track coach, so he has a weight program for track and then it leads into the summer program.

Hillsboro has to be the favorite with all the returning starters, and the have a go-to-guy who is going to make a play or gain that extra yard when they need it in Grothmann.. My big worry with Hillsboro is injuries, it seems like they get banged up a bit. The younger Grothmann has been banged up in basketball.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man