Top Teams Looking for the Title Next Season

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Top Teams Looking for the Title Next Season

Postby blue steel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:19 am

Dustin Chayle is also back for North Border. Who will DP put at quarterback? I think Luehrings name was mentioned at some time? Central Valley will be better but I don't know about third, it's possible, but i don't think very likely. Hillsboro has had some troubles with injuries, and it will be very important for them to stay healthy. They should have some good competition for the spots that are open and that is a good thing.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:30 am

blue steel wrote:Dustin Chayle is also back for North Border. Who will DP put at quarterback? I think Luehrings name was mentioned at some time? Central Valley will be better but I don't know about third, it's possible, but i don't think very likely. Hillsboro has had some troubles with injuries, and it will be very important for them to stay healthy. They should have some good competition for the spots that are open and that is a good thing.

Dustyn Chale is a senior, hes done. Thats a big hit to them, he drew most of the attention last fall. Yes, Luehring will be the quarterback next year. He has his whole line back along with 2 starters at wide out and a part time starter at RB or WR back.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Do you think Dakota Prairie will stick wth the spread next season? Magner seems to do a pretty good job of moulding an offese around the type of players he has from year to year.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:36 pm

I think they will stick to the spread for sure. It spreads out everyone on the field, and the defense has to be accountable to for every skill position out there. I think they might put down another lineman in this case it be a tight end and i expect the offense to be a little more based on the read option. Much like West Virginia and Appalachain State use. Luehring wont have the big arm the Nichols had, but he can move like him.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Johnny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:50 pm

Dakota Prarie and North Border should be young yet quick. What sort of D-line will Dakota Prarie have?
Mott and Hillsboro must be the favorites from each side of the state but what sort of passing game will either one have?
Divide County has tradition, good numbers and good coaching. Will there be enough speed in that young secondary though?
Nobody is giving Wyndmere much press but they have a great offense and D-line coming back. Hankinson finished the season very strong and may have the best passing game returning this fall.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:00 pm

man wrote:Dakota Prarie and North Border should be young yet quick. What sort of D-line will Dakota Prarie have?
Mott and Hillsboro must be the favorites from each side of the state but what sort of passing game will either one have?
Divide County has tradition, good numbers and good coaching. Will there be enough speed in that young secondary though?
Nobody is giving Wyndmere much press but they have a great offense and D-line coming back. Hankinson finished the season very strong and may have the best passing game returning this fall.

Dakota Prairie has their whole offensive and defensive line returning. They didn't get much credit on last years team, with having all the skill position players they did last year. This year they should get some publicity.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby future star » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:47 pm

I think teams that can make a run is Dunseith because they have a running game that is hard to stop. A better more improved D and a new D-end with a mean pass rush on the outside i think he'll be a sophmore next year. :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:26 am

man wrote:Dakota Prarie and North Border should be young yet quick. What sort of D-line will Dakota Prarie have?

dont forget hillsboro,richland
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Johnny » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:53 pm

Good point -Richland brings back lots of experience and a good D-line. Hillsboro has the best chance to run on anybody with an excellent line and backfield. A good passing game is needed at some point by any contender. We will see how this pans out for both of these teams.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 am

man wrote:Good point -Richland brings back lots of experience and a good D-line. Hillsboro has the best chance to run on anybody with an excellent line and backfield. A good passing game is needed at some point by any contender. We will see how this pans out for both of these teams.

Not necessarily...the passing game is no where near as important as the running game is in winning. Look at Napolean when they won the title a couple years ago...sure they passed, a fair amount of times, but I hesitate to have called them a "good" passing team...sheer size and strength was always there advantage, so they ran it down everyone's throat.

Granted, you have a team that can successfully open up the pass with the run, you'll have one dangerous team.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man