All-State Players

The teams in 9 Man

All-State Players

Postby basketball4life » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:57 am

Does anyone know who the All-State players are or has it not been announced yet?
basketball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All-State Players

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:41 pm

I've heard who made a couple of the spots from some coaches, but have not seen an official list yet.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby imperials » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:06 pm

i know mccleary lb,gross rb and laber lineman are first teamers and rau is second teamer from napoleon
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:09 pm

Daniel Eslinger and Torin Kolke were selected to the first team from Central Mclean
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TLM_football » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:09 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Daniel Eslinger and Torin Kolke were selected to the first team from Central Mclean

Have they released the full list of name for 1st team and 2nd team. I take it Central McLean only had two make it?
TLM_football

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:11 pm

I believe the team will be released to the media on Friday.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:18 pm

I don't know who made it from TUrtle lake I only know the underwood kids. I was wrong though, Eslinger was second team offensive line man. I think Frankie Lopez was second team, too.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TLM_football » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:28 am

First-team offense

Quarterbacks: Seth Nichols, Dakota Prairie; Tanner Carpenter, North Border (at-large); running backs: Reid Haagenson, North Central Benson; Brock Gion, Mott-Regent; Evan Gross, Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter; Lance Johansen, Lakota (at-large); receivers: Mitchell Brodell, Dakota Prairie; Dustyn Chale, North Border; Jamie Mauch, Hankinson (at-large); line: Bill Breen, Hillsboro; Devan Laufer, Mott-Regent; Cole Laber, Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter.

Second-team offense

Ross Severson and Tyler Luehring, Dakota Prairie; Chris Hoerth, Lakota; James Ihry, Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page; Garret Heitkamp, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood; Quin Ellison and Blake Lampert, Divide County; Brade Schweitzer and Blaise Kautzman, Mott-Regent; Tyler Kosel, Edgeley-Kulm; Cole Miller, Hettinger; Daniel Eslinger, Central McLean.

First-team defense

Linebackers: Andrew Grothmann, Hillsboro; Kriss McCleary, Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter; Seth Wisthoff, Glenburn; Jay Grosz, Mott-Regent; line: Cobretti Parisien, St. John; Zach Puetz, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood; Clint Urvand, Divide County; backs: Torin Kolke, Central McLean; Dane Dhuyvetter, Divide County.

Second-team defense

Jade Davis, St. John; James Olderbak, Lakota; Pete Huttunen, North Border; Curtis Krump, Hankinson; John Besette, Richland; Jesse Jangula, Edgeley-Kulm; Jaden Messer, Richardton-Taylor; Tyler Lalim, Williams County; John Albus, Oakes; Steve Rau, Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter.

Congrats to Kolke and Eslinger from Central McLean and all the players that made the all state team.
TLM_football

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:05 am

i'm a little surprised not to see Jake Olsen, that kid had a great year and was the leader of his team. He was an all state selecition last year, and i figured i'd see him at least on the second team this year? anyone agree, disagree?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:08 am

Who does JAKE Olsen play for?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:05 pm

sorry, HIllsboro
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:57 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:i'm a little surprised not to see Jake Olsen, that kid had a great year and was the leader of his team. He was an all state selecition last year, and i figured i'd see him at least on the second team this year? anyone agree, disagree?

According to coaches, Olsen got votes for the first team defense, but not enough to make the first team. Then because of some screwy voting rules he didn't get any votes for second team defense.

He basically got screwed. Go figure.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:47 pm

well then somethings messed up because he was imo the best lineman in region 2, and just the overall leader
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:05 pm

Here is the breakdown of all-state athletes by region and teams....

Reg 1 - 3 1st team and 4 2nd team = 7 total
Reg 2 - 4 1st team and 4 2nd team = 8 total
Reg 3 - 5 1st team and 5 2nd team = 10 total
Reg 4 - 2 1st team and 1 2nd team = 3 total
Reg 5 - 3 1st team and 3 2nd team = 6 total
Reg 6 - 4 1st team and 5 2nd team = 9 total

Mott Regent - 5 all state (3 1st, 2 2nd)
Napolean - 4 all state (3 1st, 1 2nd)
Dak Prairie - 4 all state (2 1st, 2 2nd)
Divide Co - 4 all state (2 1st, 2 2nd)
North Border - 3 all state (2 1st, 1 2nd)
Lakota - 3 all state (1 1st, 2 2nd)
Hillsboro - 2 all state (both 1st)
Wynd/Lidg - 2 all state (1 of each)
St John - 2 all state (1 of each)
Hankinson - 2 all state (1 of each)
Cent McClean - 2 all state (1 of each)
Ed/Kulm - 2 all state (both 2nd)
NCB and Glenburn each had 1 1st team
Rich/Tay, Richland, Hettinger, FSHP, Williams Co, and Oakes each had 1 2nd team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Besides Olsen from Hillsboro, can you think of anyone else that was left of all state that was deserving? I think you could make a case for Ostrom from FSHP (WR) or Cobb from TGU (D End). Any others???
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:16 pm

I agree that you can make a case for Ostrom, but he got caught in a numbers game. There are several schools that emphasized the pass much more than FSHP so Ostrom just didnt' have the numbers of receivers from other schools.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:22 pm

i agree with the case about ostrom, put him on a team like dp or north border and he'd be first team probably. In his offense they threw the ball about 15 times a game. He was still able to come up with 10 tds in a tough region. But i guess you cant do much about the type of offense you run
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:28 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Here is the breakdown of all-state athletes by region and teams....

Reg 1 - 3 1st team and 4 2nd team = 7 total
Reg 2 - 4 1st team and 4 2nd team = 8 total
Reg 3 - 5 1st team and 5 2nd team = 10 total
Reg 4 - 2 1st team and 1 2nd team = 3 total
Reg 5 - 3 1st team and 3 2nd team = 6 total
Reg 6 - 4 1st team and 5 2nd team = 9 total

Mott Regent - 5 all state (3 1st, 2 2nd)
Napolean - 4 all state (3 1st, 1 2nd)
Dak Prairie - 4 all state (2 1st, 2 2nd)
Divide Co - 4 all state (2 1st, 2 2nd)
North Border - 3 all state (2 1st, 1 2nd)
Lakota - 3 all state (1 1st, 2 2nd)
Hillsboro - 2 all state (both 1st)
Wynd/Lidg - 2 all state (1 of each)
St John - 2 all state (1 of each)
Hankinson - 2 all state (1 of each)
Cent McClean - 2 all state (1 of each)
Ed/Kulm - 2 all state (both 2nd)
NCB and Glenburn each had 1 1st team
Rich/Tay, Richland, Hettinger, FSHP, Williams Co, and Oakes each had 1 2nd team.

doesnt seem right that w/l and hankinson have 2 each, hankinson didnt even make the playoffs and they get the same amount as hillsboro? FSHP finished number 2 in the region and they only get 1? just seems a little unfair.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby old lineman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:51 pm

All conference and some of the other awards are great, however some kids that are on teams that are stacked get overlooked. Now that ther seems to be a quota for every team to have a few we see a kid from one of the teams that are on bottom of the confrence end up on a all region team. Some of these kids would not start on some of the powerhouse teams, example Mott-Regent, Napolean, E-K, etc. but yet they get shuffled onto the all region team. Question when did this change?? And why?? On the flip side the kid that is the stud on the little sister's of the poor should get recognition too, but in some cases I think it has gone too far. The all state team looks like a bunch of dude's and there are some boys missing, but congrats to the team. The one's missing will still be our Friday night hero's too.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:14 am

5 from one 9 man team is a little over the top for All-State.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby tommykramer » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:12 am

Its a joke that Bessette from Richland got only 2nd team! Jake Olson should have been all-state too!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby WHITE » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:51 pm

i agree, Bessette was the best linebacker i played against all year.... very smart, fast and, physical... anyone know if hes playin college ball?
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:26 pm

point/center wrote:5 from one 9 man team is a little over the top for All-State.

I don't think I can find a way to disgree with that. Here goes anyway!

Gion most impressive stats at RB
Kautzman touches to TD's in amazing
Grosz defense wins championships hard to find imperical data to support this
Laufer a solid line man tell me how you could argue against a guy who blocked for a back or offense with the numbers M-R put up
Scweitzer - QB of the state champ, starter in the secondary made plays in all the games I saw. :oops:

So we have a RB, WR, LB, lineman, and DB

I would bet that you would be hard pressed to find better at each of those positions.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:06 am

old lineman wrote:All conference and some of the other awards are great, however some kids that are on teams that are stacked get overlooked. Now that ther seems to be a quota for every team to have a few we see a kid from one of the teams that are on bottom of the confrence end up on a all region team. Some of these kids would not start on some of the powerhouse teams, example Mott-Regent, Napolean, E-K, etc. but yet they get shuffled onto the all region team. Question when did this change?? And why?? On the flip side the kid that is the stud on the little sister's of the poor should get recognition too, but in some cases I think it has gone too far. The all state team looks like a bunch of dude's and there are some boys missing, but congrats to the team. The one's missing will still be our Friday night hero's too.
One kid from north border i think got overlooked is tyson taylor, rb,lb,he had over 100 tackles and was thee workhorse on that offense. Just throwing his name out there i think he should have been recognized. i know stats are a big part of it but coaches should recognize the kids that made the teams good like taylor and ostrom
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:
point/center wrote:5 from one 9 man team is a little over the top for All-State.

I don't think I can find a way to disgree with that. Here goes anyway!

Gion most impressive stats at RB
Kautzman touches to TD's in amazing
Grosz defense wins championships hard to find imperical data to support this
Laufer a solid line man tell me how you could argue against a guy who blocked for a back or offense with the numbers M-R put up
Scweitzer - QB of the state champ, starter in the secondary made plays in all the games I saw. :oops:

So we have a RB, WR, LB, lineman, and DB

I would bet that you would be hard pressed to find better at each of those positions.

mccleary is a better lb
gross's numbers were better
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to 9 - Man