Next Season

The teams in 9 Man

Next Season

Postby Grandma's Boy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:01 am

I'm prolly getting ahead of myself but how are next years teams gonna look?
Grandma's Boy

Re: Next Season

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:54 pm

Hillsboro will be good again, i think they only lose Olson.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Napoleon probably wins their region again - QB is back, Gross is back, Wigel back, Laber probably moves to fullback, so their skill positions are in good shape. However, only their center returns from their front five and they don't have any size coming up. EK loses a bunch. Oakes will probably be the main challenger in that region.

Hillsboro loses 4 seniors, but has very good replacements ready. And Grothmann is back. Richland loses Bessette but most everyone else is back - look for them to challenge for the region again. FSHP has Ihry back, but has to fill a lot of other holes.

DP and NB seem to be in the middle of a very good run of athletes. They have significant losses - both lose all-state QBs - but it sounds like they have good athletes returning.

Mott-Regent loses some very good players but we all saw their depth late in the season - look for them to be right back in the mix.

Divide just seems to re-load every year. I wouldn't expect any different next year.

More thoughts?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:56 pm

napoleon is going to be good again next year. with their quarterback back, gross back, and i also see laber playing fulllback, their offense appears in good shape. im sure their upcoming lineman will improve as the season goes on, so i look to see napoleon in the playoffs again next year.

divide is going to be very good again next year. i know they had alot of juniors out this year, and with them going to have many seniors next year, they will have great leadership. theyve been good for the last couple years, making it to the semifinals. next year i expect them to go to state.

mott/regent im not quite sure about. yes we saw their depth this year, but they lose alot of seniors. they only had 3 juniors out this year, so i expect them to be lacking in some leadership quality (especially compared to this year). they lose both their running back and fullback, qb, receivers, whole offensive line except a tight end-(nick kautzman and i expect him to have another great year next year), they also lose thier d-line (except kautzman). they lost their safety as well as their corners. they also lost some of their linebackers. aaron anderson and luke honeyman both got alot of time at linebackers, and this will greatly help them for next year. another up and coming linebacker for the wildfire will be weston bohnet. he played a little during this years state championship game, and had a couple tackles. they will have more than enough kids to fill into all the empty positions. this year the wildfire had a lot of sophomores out (some of which got a good amount of playing time). i expect next year to be more of a building year for the wildfire, but i do believe that they can be very good, and could get into the playoffs again. next year its gonna be a tough region (facing central mclean and richardton taylor-who gave the wildfire the best run for their money), but they still will make playoffs. i look for the wildfire to make a return to the dakota bowl in 2 years, when this years sophomores are seniors.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Great info on MR, Chevyman. Do you know what Central McLean has coming back?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:08 pm

i dont know much about who central mclean is returning but if i remember correct they are losing their fullback (mitch lang). i cant find a roster of their players from this year, but when i do ill fill you in. i do expect them to be good however.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RB/LB 34 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Central McLean loses something like 14 seniors including Lang, Lopez (RB), Nelson (QB), and many other talented players. But, they have 12 juniors this year that will step into bigger roles and lead the team.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:22 pm

wow i didnt know that they had that many seniors and juniors
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TLM_football » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:50 am

Central McLean will have a rebuilding year next year. They will only return two or three starters on offense and defense. They have some players that can step into these postions and it shouldn't take them to long to get it going. They have had a lot of playing time this year in game situations. I think Central McLean could make the play off next year, but I don't look for them to be the force they were this year. The lose of Isaac Sondrol, Nick Presser, Daniel Eslinger, Reed Heffta, Frankie Lopez and Mitch Lang would be hard on any team. Don't get me wrong there are other players on the team that are hard to replace to but these are the guys that made the big blocks and and got the yards needed. They will return Sam Hultberg and Grant Signer. These two hit very hard and can also run and catch the ball very well. They will also have a few big guys to fill into the O and D line, but I don't think the line will be as big as this year.
I look for Mott/Regant, Richardton/Taylor, and Hettinger to be very strong again, with Mott/Regant being the team to beat. It should be an interesting year next year in region 6 and I can't wait to see how it shakes out.
TLM_football

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Reed hefta is only a junior.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TLM_football » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:27 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:Reed hefta is only a junior.

My bad, I couldn't find my roster and thought he was a senior. Reed Heffta was still a big part of the blocking for Central McLean. With Reed being a junior I look for him, Hultberg, and Singer to lead this team next year. They will have to build around these three players next year. Sorry for the confusion!
TLM_football

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:32 pm

How about Region 4 - St. John, NCB - do they have anyone coming back?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:44 pm

I know NCB basically loses the farm....they had a very large senior class. I'm not 100% sure, but I think St John loses the majority of their playmakers as well. TGU lost some of their main players, but I know they have their QB back and maybe their RB. Wells Co had mostly sophomores as their starters, so look for them to be towards the top of the region next year. I think Northstar was pretty young, too. Don't know who Dunseith and Tri County lost, but I don't think they'll be contenders next year. Maddock lost their RB's but still have their QB and a few young talented players coming back.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks Lionsfan. Good info....

Where's the North Border and Dakota Prairie folks? Tell us who's coming back for them.

I checked out Thompson's roster - holy cow will they be young next year. Only 2 juniors on this year's roster and they lose 10+ seniors.

Lakota loses 7 seniors, including Johansen, but they have 9 or so juniors so they might be in re-load mode as opposed to rebuilding.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby G » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm

North border returns two running backs max johnson and blake setness...two good lineman jason margerum and tyler laferty...a good wideout mike smith...and a good end josh keller...other than those players north borders talent is going to be pretty slim
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby G » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:51 pm

i see hillsboro and nopolean being good again next year
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:54 pm

TLM football it's no big deal I just know Hefta has one more year left.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Makotifarmguy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 pm

9manfootballmom wrote: I just know Hefta has one more year left.

You are correct.
Last edited by Makotifarmguy on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Hinsa wrote:Thanks Lionsfan. Good info....

Where's the North Border and Dakota Prairie folks? Tell us who's coming back for them.

I checked out Thompson's roster - holy cow will they be young next year. Only 2 juniors on this year's roster and they lose 10+ seniors.

Lakota loses 7 seniors, including Johansen, but they have 9 or so juniors so they might be in re-load mode as opposed to rebuilding.

Dakota Prairie returns all three starting lineman in Center Leland Higganbothom and Gaurds Alex Vasicheck and Ben Susa. They also return Wide Receiver Tyler Luehring, who will play quarterback next year. Kyle Lamb Wide Receiver, will move to runningback. Griffin Ham plays wide receiver/tight end. They also return Alex Kroke who plays runningback and linebacker, he didnt start but played quiet of bit. They have a transfer from Northwood who plays linebacker and runningback named Tony Waklee, but I have no clue what type of player he is?? I have never seen him play. They have a couple good freshman in Braydon Gourneau and Alex Herman who played very well on a successful JV team that went 6-1 on the year. Them two will be expected to step up at wide out.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:25 am

so makoti farm guy Should i know you?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballfan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:33 pm

by TLM_football on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:27 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:
Reed hefta is only a junior.

My bad, I couldn't find my roster and thought he was a senior. Reed Heffta was still a big part of the blocking for Central McLean. With Reed being a junior I look for him, Hultberg, and Singer to lead this team next year. They will have to build around these three players next year. Sorry for the confusion!

This is true these three will be some major players for central mclean but some other talent on the team are Ben Duben a Sophmore this year TE/DE and Bradon Aldinger showed this year he can run the ball hard, I am not sure how he will stand up in varsity play but if he puts on a few pounds he could turn out all right
9manfootballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby old lineman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Divide County will return a real polished QB, they also have some pretty decent lineman coming back. I only watched the Maroons play once but beside loosing Urvand, they lost players on any given play that were his equal. Numbers 83,84,and 85 Those three plus Urvand were pretty athletic and moved well. The other lineman good, but probably not as athletic.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:15 pm

old lineman wrote:Divide County will return a real polished QB, they also have some pretty decent lineman coming back. I only watched the Maroons play once but beside loosing Urvand, they lost players on any given play that were his equal. Numbers 83,84,and 85 Those three plus Urvand were pretty athletic and moved well. The other lineman good, but probably not as athletic.

In addition to their All-State QB, Quin Ellison, DC will be returning a couple of All-Region players, Austin Dhuyvetter, RB-LB, and Broke Overbo, C-DT. There will be an experienced group of seniors and a good crop of young kids that will step up. Should be another good year.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ducks » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:22 pm

who's going to fill johansens shoes for lakota?
ducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:25 pm

ducks wrote:who's going to fill johansens shoes for lakota?

My guess is that one of the Novaks will move from fullback to tailback. Lakota may have a dropoff next year - they lose seven seniors: QB, tailback, and some serious size from their line. I don't think they'll drop out of sight, but they have some big holes to fill.

Here's an early start on next year's rankings - see what you think and have fun chewing them up:

1. Divide County
2. Williams County
3. Hillsboro
4. Dakota Prairie
5. Napoleon
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man