The teams in 9 Man

Re: Next Season

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Defending champ gets no mention? :(
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:44 pm

Mott loses about 14 seniors and they only have something like 3 juniors coming back. They return one or two players with any starting experience. I really don't think they should be mentioned.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:47 pm

The reason I left them off the top five is because earlier in this thread it was said that MR loses so many studs. I know they've got some good kids coming back. Tough call. Where would you put MR?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:33 pm

I am of the school of thought that says you are #1 until you get beat. I thought Napolean deserved to be #1 all year. Until MR gets beat (could be early) they are #1.

As far as predicting where everyone will finish next year I would have to look into the manner in which the regions match up for the play-offs and then I may be able to give you a top 6 or 8.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:44 pm

Napoleon was rated number 1 the whole year, because they returned quality guys, such as Gross, McCleary, Laber and Weigel.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Grandma's Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:23 am

Does anyone know about Williams County for next year?
Grandma's Boy

Postby Hinsa » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:13 pm

Just looking at Williams' roster they are going to have a ton of seniors next year, several of which were their playmakers this year. That's why I ranked them highly.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Grandma's Boy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:40 pm

Size, weights ,positions?
Grandma's Boy

Postby playin2win » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:52 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I know NCB basically loses the farm....they had a very large senior class. I'm not 100% sure, but I think St John loses the majority of their playmakers as well. TGU lost some of their main players, but I know they have their QB back and maybe their RB. Wells Co had mostly sophomores as their starters, so look for them to be towards the top of the region next year. I think Northstar was pretty young, too. Don't know who Dunseith and Tri County lost, but I don't think they'll be contenders next year. Maddock lost their RB's but still have their QB and a few young talented players coming back.

yeah i agree 100% in this region there is going to be some tough competition for 1st. I believe that TGU is going to be the studs of this region with Luna (RB) and Schmitte (QB) they are some studs. I think that Wells Co. can compete if they work in the off-season they are a very young team, with no experience last yr and still ended the regular season at .500. St John can be a big suprise again i know they loose their QB who was a big part of the team. other than that i believe that NCB will struggle due to loose of the senior class, maddock will struggle with a large lose with Bergrued leaving. North Star only looses their QB but if i remember right he is the only player on their offense. Tri-CO doesnt loose too much i think they loose a RB (Mack) i believe but they can recover if younger classmen work hard. and i am not to sure about Dunseith.

but this is just what i am seeing please post and make corrections or comments
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcfan24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 am

Hinsa wrote:Just looking at Williams' roster they are going to have a ton of seniors next year, several of which were their playmakers this year. That's why I ranked them highly.

Their teams roster has lots of seniors returning but they lost the only size that they had, Schmitt twins, Austin Bergstrom, and a couple of other lineman if im not mistaken. As for the returners they will have Lolim returning for QB, Weirauch (excuse the spelling) for RB, Solem for WR, and Hove but i dont know what position he played. Add more of the seniors that are good thats all i could think of! hope it helps
dcfan24

Postby 10th man » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:20 pm

Region 4 will be a toss up next year. I think that there could be some surprises. Tri county loses only 3 players, and Mack also returns. Wells county did not lose much as well as TGU. Every game will be a good game next year.
10th man

Postby playin2win » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:56 pm

yea i agree!!! it is a long ways away but should be interesting
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Teams to watch out for are N/C/B, DC, and M/R. The regular powerhouses but the team i think is getting better is Dunseith. The reason dunseith lost last year is because they only had 2 Sr. ballplayers all season and a young line that has gottin some reps from last season. I think Dunseith can get to the Dakota Bowl with the talent they have. :D
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:52 pm

DC vs Hillsboro Dakota Bowl...you heard it here first
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Johnny » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:56 pm

Good pick...... but don't forget Mott, North Border, Central McLean and Richland.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:01 am

man wrote:Good pick...... but don't forget Mott, North Border, Central McLean and Richland.

I didn't forget them, don't worry
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Don't count Richardton/Taylor out of it either...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:05 pm

man wrote:Good pick...... but don't forget Mott, North Border, Central McLean and Richland.

How good is North Border going to be?? They have Mike Smith back, whose going to get him the ball?? They have Max Johnson back at linebacker, Keller WR, and Setness at WR.

Do they have any line back?? I watched their JV play one game last year and they got thumped big time.

Carpenter is a good coach and will get them into the playoffs somehow, but how much of a legit condenter are they with out T Carpenter, Chale, Huetenen, Tyson Taylor, and i know they lost a couple others.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby blue steel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:51 pm

I think i remember reading Keller was a candidate for quarterback next year?
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man