Senior Athlete of the Year

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby hp fan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:05 am

McCleary was very deserving of the award. Nobody should argue that.

As for upnext, you have spewed nonsense about napoleon football, domination, and blowouts for the past two weeks (at least). Now it is time for you to take your medicine. So grow up and take it like a man.

NGS is a very good program that has alot of history. Those that follow 9-man football know that, but when you run your mouth, and you lose, you are going to have to take the heat. Once again grow up and take it like a man!
hp fan

Postby Grandma's Boy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:09 am

hp fan wrote:McCleary was very deserving of the award. Nobody should argue that.

As for upnext, you have spewed nonsense about napoleon football, domination, and blowouts for the past two weeks (at least). Now it is time for you to take your medicine. So grow up and take it like a man.

NGS is a very good program that has alot of history. Those that follow 9-man football know that, but when you run your mouth, and you lose, you are going to have to take the heat. Once again grow up and take it like a man!

Exactly, well said. And I also agree with you on McCleary, he definatly deserved Senior athlete, Gion was close behind though, both are very explosive runners, both very hard to bring down.
Grandma's Boy

Postby greatplns » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:42 am

upnext, how old are you? If you truly are in your mid teens like you're acting we can forgive your attitude for a little while longer. If you're an adult, grow up. I hate to agree with anything upnext says, however in my opinion wrestling truly is a good indicator of how a team will do in football. They train hard, condition hard, aren't afraid of one on one competition, and they know it isn't over till the last whistle blows. That's as much as I can agree with upnext.
greatplns

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:48 am

If wrestling is the indicator, explain the lack of a wrestling program in Mott-Regent? New England public didn't have wrestling either.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby hp fan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:26 pm

It's not just wrestling (There are only 30 some wrestling programs in class B). You should rephrase that to say all other athletics. To look at this years MR Team. THey have had very respectable basketball teams for quite a few years now, and they placed in the top five at the state track meet last year. Its not just MR. Take a loook at Dickinson Trinity. 8 straight State Basketball appearences? About the same number being in the AA CHampionship game, Oh and multiple state Track adn Field CHampionships.

Wrestlers don't win football championships! Athletes do. If you watched the game you saw that there were plenty of athletes on both sides of the ball.
hp fan

Postby greatplns » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:27 pm

I never meant to imply wrestling is THE indicator. Of course a good athlete is a good athlete. However, there are skills that wrestlers have and work on that aren't as important in other sports. I don't want to turn this into a wrestling discussion. I'm originally from Mott, we didn't and still don't have wrestling for one good reason. Basketball. Most of the athletic kids play basketball. Congratulations to McCleary sounds like he's a quality wrestler too. Best of luck in wrestling. BTW he's currently nationally ranked in wrestling. Pretty impressive.
greatplns

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 pm

hp fan wrote:It's not just wrestling (There are only 30 some wrestling programs in class B). You should rephrase that to say all other athletics. To look at this years MR Team. THey have had very respectable basketball teams for quite a few years now, and they placed in the top five at the state track meet last year. Its not just MR. Take a loook at Dickinson Trinity. 8 straight State Basketball appearences? About the same number being in the AA CHampionship game, Oh and multiple state Track adn Field CHampionships.

Wrestlers don't win football championships! Athletes do. If you watched the game you saw that there were plenty of athletes on both sides of the ball.

i totally agree. wrestling alone doesnt make you win. practicing and traning for wrestling obviously helps, but so does track and field-you work on quickness and speed, and the throwers work at getting stronger.

by the way guys i never meant McCleary wasn't deserving of the award-he is totally deserving of it.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pilot89 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm

Who were all the candidates?
pilot89

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Wisthoff, McCleary, Gion, Carpenter are the ones i remember
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Haagenson was the region 4 rep
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby blue steel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:13 am

Zach Puetz of Wyndmere Lidgerwood was the other candidate i believe. Representing Region 2.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:59 pm

chevyman11 wrote:since the napoleon people r so concerned about winning somethin this year, and they all think mccleary deserved it, how many people that arent from napoleon think that he deserved it?

Im not from Napoleon but ya I think he deserved the senior athlete of the year, so what get over it. The kid is not only a stud on the field hes also a stud on the mat its just fact. How many kids wrestling do you see that from Freshman to Senior year same weight class and dominate all the way. Im looking forward to seeing his hand raised in the championship match again at 215#..
ndfootballwrestling

Postby adriana » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm

ndfootballwrestling wrote:
chevyman11 wrote:since the napoleon people r so concerned about winning somethin this year, and they all think mccleary deserved it, how many people that arent from napoleon think that he deserved it?

Im not from Napoleon but ya I think he deserved the senior athlete of the year, so what get over it. The kid is not only a stud on the field hes also a stud on the mat its just fact. How many kids wrestling do you see that from Freshman to Senior year same weight class and dominate all the way. Im looking forward to seeing his hand raised in the championship match again at 215#..

I dont think chevyman meant that he DIDNT think McCleary deserved the award...but all we had really heard opinions from on the topic was upnext who is from Napoleon.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:20 am

adriana wrote:
ndfootballwrestling wrote:

I dont think chevyman meant that he DIDNT think McCleary deserved the award...but all we had really heard opinions from on the topic was upnext who is from Napoleon.

this is exactly what i meant. i totally agree that he deserved the award-McCleary's had a great career.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blue steel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:12 pm

Does anybody have any very early possible candidates for next year? Gross from Napoleon and Grothmann from Hillsboro come to mind. Was Quinn Ellison from Divide only a Junior this year? anyone else have any ideas?
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:16 am

Ya Ellison was a Junior this year.
Grandma's Boy

Postby old lineman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Quin is one of eleven Jr's on the DC
Roster.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blue steel » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:10 pm

wow they will be very senior heavy next year. Hillsboro will be the same way.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby StretchMarkyMark52 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:50 pm

Divide will definatly be a senior oriented team, with about 8 starters returning. Have some pretty good underclassmen, but they have some pretty big shoes to fill.
StretchMarkyMark52

Postby blue steel » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:32 am

Other than Urvand who did Divide lose?
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsnut5000 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Divide lost 4 starting o lineman and 2 to 3 d lineman u can't relly say because they rotated some d lineman in and out also thay lost there reciever and d back dhuyvetter. That being said they should still be one of the top teams next year.
sportsnut5000

Postby nordstde » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Divide Co. lost 3 starters on the O-Line, not 4. And two of them were also starters on the D-Line. They have a very talented and experieced group of Juniors coming back. They will definetly be a top team next year.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:47 pm

Mcleary deserved it plain and simple. He was an amazing player. he could play on both ends of the ball. He was one of those players who could change a game. He is one of the best players in 9 man that i have seen in a long time. Congrats to him.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby future star » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am

i think congrats go to this kid he had a great year what more can you say.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man