Senior Athlete of the Year

The teams in 9 Man

Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby 3nout » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Congrats to McCleary from Napolean-GS on being named Senior Athlete of the year for 9-Man.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Re: Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby NDinPHX » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:53 pm

Totally disagree with this. Should have been Brock Gion, and if he would have been able to show his wares in the championship it would have been obvious.

Either way, congrats to McCleary.
NDinPHX

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:40 pm

Cogratulations to Mcleary, but who votes? Gion was very impressive also.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:44 pm

McCleary is a good pick for the award but for everyone who thinks Gion should have got it just remember that repuation over the last 4 years has more to do then just one year....even if they did have the better year. just how I see it in all the sports
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDinPHX » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:06 pm

baseball wrote:McCleary is a good pick for the award but for everyone who thinks Gion should have got it just remember that repuation over the last 4 years has more to do then just one year....even if they did have the better year. just how I see it in all the sports

Oh, how soon they forget. You are right about reps, but Gion was an all-state linebacker as a sophmore and the stud starting running back as a sophmore. Last year he was going to be all-state in both positions, but a fluke injury before the season started kept him out for the season. People forgot how good he was after they didn't see him, and Grosz became an all-stater. N/G/S and Eastern ND has no idea how good Gion is, because he was out for the Championship game. I will say it now, but even though Grosz was all-state last year he would have been second string. And if it weren't for some fluke injuries and questionable calls in the playoffs last year, we could have said that Mott-Regent was the two time champs. Tough breaks, but they overcame this year.

Again, congrats to McCleary! An all-time great 9-man player.
NDinPHX

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:17 pm

NDinPHX wrote:
baseball wrote:McCleary is a good pick for the award but for everyone who thinks Gion should have got it just remember that repuation over the last 4 years has more to do then just one year....even if they did have the better year. just how I see it in all the sports

Oh, how soon they forget. You are right about reps, but Gion was an all-state linebacker as a sophmore and the stud starting running back as a sophmore. Last year he was going to be all-state in both positions, but a fluke injury before the season started kept him out for the season. People forgot how good he was after they didn't see him, and Grosz became an all-stater. N/G/S and Eastern ND has no idea how good Gion is, because he was out for the Championship game. I will say it now, but even though Grosz was all-state last year he would have been second string. And if it weren't for some fluke injuries and questionable calls in the playoffs last year, we could have said that Mott-Regent was the two time champs. Tough breaks, but they overcame this year.

Again, congrats to McCleary! An all-time great 9-man player.

thats my point right there. McCleary was a stud for 4 years and known throughout the state for all 4 and played in more title games. Gion was an all-state player one year and then an injury cost him his spot and Grosz took advantage of it. If Gion played last year I would have to agree he would have won, but to miss a whole year with the way the award systems work in this state is impossible to win...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:59 pm

PHX---get this one thing straight u lost to TLake last yr who got kicked in the championship game==-dont come on here and say you would of won it last yr---Napoleon's team was twice as good last year as this yr no doubt---dont go bringing that subject up==at beginning of yr Napoleon fans would of laughed if u think they would of made the finals this yr--they overachieved with the talent they had which goes out to the kids who made it happen to make it this far--
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:13 pm

Let me guess upnext........ If last years MR team played last years NGS team, you would predict............ umm......... maybe a blowout!!!! I thought maybe you would have learned your lesson.
hp fan

Postby hp fan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:20 pm

COngrats to McCleary. He is an excellent football player. I hope he stays in ND to play college ball (or will he go wrestle?) anyway, I would like to be able to keep watching him. Great Player and very deserving!!
hp fan

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:20 pm

dont get stupid....2 totally different NAP teams---one was twice as good--plain and simple
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:22 pm

I knew McCleary would get it...he definitely deserved it tho.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDinPHX » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:40 pm

upnext wrote:PHX---get this one thing straight u lost to TLake last yr who got kicked in the championship game==-dont come on here and say you would of won it last yr---Napoleon's team was twice as good last year as this yr no doubt---dont go bringing that subject up==at beginning of yr Napoleon fans would of laughed if u think they would of made the finals this yr--they overachieved with the talent they had which goes out to the kids who made it happen to make it this far--

Triangle theories don't do anything for me. Mott-Regent blew out Turtle Lake earlier in that year too. A beat B and B beat C so A has to be able to beat C too? I thought you would have learned your lesson a couple of hours ago. Didn't you say that Napolean was going to blow Mott-Regent out even if they didn't lose perhaps their two top players? I believe that Mott-Regent was ranked #1 for the entire year last year and lost the playoff game against a team that they previously blew-out with some very questionable calls in Turtle Lake. We will never know how that would have turned out, and I would argue against your outcome.
NDinPHX

Postby imperials » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:08 pm

mccleary totaly deserved senior player of the year. he plays a fb where you dont get the stats that some people vote on. if he would of been the feature back in napoleon's offense he would of had over 2,000 yards rushing also.gion is a great player also but injuries happen and mccleary had a better career.

ps. it should have been two years in a row that imperial players got the senior player of the year award. taylor grunefelder deserved it last year but played an offensive postion that in 9-man you dont get outstanding stats and its tough to win it being an dominant defensive player.
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby adriana » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 pm

imperials wrote:mccleary totaly deserved senior player of the year. he plays a fb where you dont get the stats that some people vote on. if he would of been the feature back in napoleon's offense he would of had over 2,000 yards rushing also.gion is a great player also but injuries happen and mccleary had a better career.

ps. it should have been two years in a row that imperial players got the senior player of the year award. taylor grunefelder deserved it last year but played an offensive postion that in 9-man you dont get outstanding stats and its tough to win it being an dominant defensive player.

He's just a stud haha. who was the player of the year last year??...i cant remember

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:14 am

just a thought, could they have given co-senior athletes of the year? I'm not positive but i beleive the did for baskteball last year with, Lorenz and Packineau? not sure on that but i think so. I think they couldve done this because each player was equally deserving of the award. Each player was a dominant force on both sides of the football. Either way, Congrats to both on an amazing career and senior year!
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ticket0115 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:28 pm

Eddie Cullum was the senior athlete of the year last year. He was from TL.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:00 pm

since the napoleon people r so concerned about winning somethin this year, and they all think mccleary deserved it, how many people that arent from napoleon think that he deserved it?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:15 pm

I think he deserved the award.

I read this earlier today:

The best predictor of future success is... future action.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:23 pm

chevyman11 wrote:since the napoleon people r so concerned about winning somethin this year, and they all think mccleary deserved it, how many people that arent from napoleon think that he deserved it?

I think he deserved it...and im so not from napoleon haha
Last edited by adriana on Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby upnext » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:24 pm

winning something dont get me wrong but how many state wrestling championships do they have in a row now.......???Can't count em in one hand
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:29 pm

upnext wrote:winning something dont get me wrong but how many state wrestling championships do they have in a row now.......???Can't count em in one hand

Yes upnext...we kno all about their state wrestling championships, but im pretty sure he was referring to football..being that we're in that forum :D .

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:34 pm

upnext wrote:winning something dont get me wrong but how many state wrestling championships do they have in a row now.......???Can't count em in one hand

Why are you talking about wrestling again?! :?:
Grandma's Boy

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Grandma's Boy wrote:

Why are you talking about wrestling again?! :?:

Well duh...because they have like..too many championships to count on one hand...

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby upnext » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 pm

chevyman was talking about napoleon not winning anything ever or something---and by the way grandma little boy mind your own business and quit contemplating all my posts just post your own opinions instead of worrying about mine
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:43 pm

upnext wrote:chevyman was talking about napoleon not winning anything ever or something---and by the way grandma little boy mind your own business and quit contemplating all my posts just post your own opinions instead of worrying about mine

Actually he said "since the napoleon people r so concerned about winning somethin this year..." he never said napoleon doest win anything...like i said before...we're all aware of all the wrestling championships...well aware

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man