College Prospects

The teams in 9 Man

College Prospects

Postby UND Fan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:13 pm

What ND high school football payers are being recruited (or should be) by either UND or NDSU? Please include position, size, etc.
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: College Prospects

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Dillan Ostrom- WR about 6'4 180 has been recruited by UND
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND Fan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:33 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:Dillan Ostrom- WR about 6'4 180 has been recruited by UND

Thanks for the info! Where is he from?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The stokker » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm

FSHP he played End good hands
The stokker

Postby rep » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 pm

at 180 pounds is he projected to be a wideout for und?
rep

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:27 pm

haha yes wideout, not end lol not big enough for end in college ball, but he's still undecided where hes going
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:47 am

How bout Seth Nichols i heard some stuff about him and UND. Anything on Mcleary??
The stokker

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Somebody should be looking at Curt Friesz, Divide County Kicker. 50 yard field goals and kick-off's in the end zone are his specialty. He's a Slovakian exchange student, but would love to play football in the USA.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Chances are McLearly will end up at Mary. The rest of Napoleon already plays football there.
justbrowsing

Postby t1m » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:15 pm

Lance Johansen went to NDSU on saturday for a football visit.
t1m
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The stokker » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:48 pm

How bout ross Severson? Jamie Mauch?
The stokker

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Nichols is getting looked at by both NDSU and UND. Severson I heard Jamestown and Minot.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND Fan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Where are Nichols and Johansen from? Size, positions?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The stokker » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm

Nichols is the QB from Dakota Prarie he is 6'5'' really athletic Johaneson sorry bout the spelling running back not sure on his size
The stokker

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:20 pm

Lance is about 5'11" 165 pounds with good speed and he is really shifty
I know he is being recruited by valley city along with NDSU
Big Hitter

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:23 pm

UND Fan wrote:Where are Nichols and Johansen from? Size, positions?

Johansen is from Lakota Nichols is from DP
Big Hitter

Postby upnext » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Nichols doesnt like to take a hit-- there's no way he will stand a chance at NDSU or UND if that's the case--he knows how to shy away from contact--just like running away from McCleary and Laber let alone DI athletes which it would be at college. I see him as a DAC at best QB with a great arm.
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 pm

upnext wrote:Nichols doesnt like to take a hit-- there's no way he will stand a chance at NDSU or UND if that's the case--he knows how to shy away from contact--just like running away from McCleary and Laber let alone DI athletes which it would be at college. I see him as a DAC at best QB with a great arm.

How do we know he doesn't like to take hits?? Just wondering
The stokker

Postby upnext » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:56 pm

Believe me watch the Napoleon vs Dak Prairie game tape--he backs away from hitting Gross and McCleary several times plus he won't stick his head in there to get extra yds numerous times---He was hurt in probably the second series from getting whacked by Napoleon now how will that tally up vs Division 1 teams?
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Alright thanks. Do you have a tape or know someone who can send it my way because i wanted to go down there to watch and couldn't make it if you could that would be great thanks for the info
The stokker

Postby upnext » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm

Call Bek Communications they did the game for tv sake!!
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 am

Did you seriously just make that comment?

I guess I always thought that anyone carrying the football on the offensive side of the ball is trying to gain yards or score a touchdown. So - your logic here is that Nichols ran away from McCleary and Laber.....

hmmmmm - Is he supposed to run at them? Not try and gain yards or score? Please explain this one to me...... I seem to remember hearing about how Nichols was scrambling and shaking off defenders all game.....including McCleary. You should have listened to the game - the announcers couldn't believe that they couldn't tackle him.

I have only seen him play a couple of times (Lakota, Richland, E/K) - he never shyed away from taking a hit. On half of DP's running plays he is the lead blocker for Severson (direct snap). Please get your facts straight before ripping a kid with amazing ability.

I have heard that both UND and NDSU want him.

upnext wrote:Nichols doesnt like to take a hit-- there's no way he will stand a chance at NDSU or UND if that's the case--he knows how to shy away from contact--just like running away from McCleary and Laber let alone DI athletes which it would be at college. I see him as a DAC at best QB with a great arm.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby The stokker » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:32 am

thank you because thats what i was thinking. I only watched the kid once but i always thought he was a great athlete didn't seem to shy away from any hits
The stokker

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:50 pm

piranha i saw it firsthand--not by listening to some announcers that dont know anything....they will make a kid look good on radio believe me we have all heard that---how many tackles did he make in the napoleon game????i can count them in one hand or less...great athlete--yes---but he cannot take a hit---in my opinion he's DAC bound if he wants to play--practice squad UND believe me
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Prime Time » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:17 pm

upnext wrote:piranha i saw it firsthand--not by listening to some announcers that dont know anything....they will make a kid look good on radio believe me we have all heard that---how many tackles did he make in the napoleon game????i can count them in one hand or less...great athlete--yes---but he cannot take a hit---in my opinion he's DAC bound if he wants to play--practice squad UND believe me

Aren't we talking about him being a QB???? only time u need to tackle someone as a QB is when u throw a pick
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man