College Prospects

The teams in 9 Man

Re: College Prospects

Postby homer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:32 am

and are you also saying there is no hitting going on in the dac ? get to many dac games do you?
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:03 am

If you said that he doesn't like to hit it would be acceptable to say that he can't play linebacker for NDSU - but you said that he doesn't lke to get hit ------- WHO DOES! Seriously!!!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:20 am

Let me also ad - Nichols is one of the few 9-man players that I have seen that do have 1AA ability, I'm not saying their isn't good football players in 9-man but just not that many that have the kind of ability that Nichols has - He is a very good Football player regardless of if he likes to get hit or not. Just a reminder - Barry Sanders didn't like to get hit either!!!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:52 pm

DId you really say who likes to hit I know plenty of kids that like to hit. Come on most really good defensive players love to hit. Nichols isn't one of them but i definatly know that he can play QB at the next level Especially Dac and maybe D-1 AA
Big Hitter

Postby tommykramer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Big Hitter wrote:DId you really say who likes to hit I know plenty of kids that like to hit. Come on most really good defensive players love to hit. Nichols isn't one of them but i definatly know that he can play QB at the next level Especially Dac and maybe D-1 AA

No I said who really does like TO GET HIT!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 pm

tommykramer wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:DId you really say who likes to hit I know plenty of kids that like to hit. Come on most really good defensive players love to hit. Nichols isn't one of them but i definatly know that he can play QB at the next level Especially Dac and maybe D-1 AA

No I said who really does like TO GET HIT!

o my bad i read that wrong sorry
Big Hitter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:47 pm

Seth Nichols has offers from Iowa St., Iowa, NDSU, and UND
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:52 pm

Ming01 wrote:Seth Nichols has offers from Iowa St., Iowa, NDSU, and UND

Where have you heard this from??
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Don't forget Nebraska, USC and the U (Mary).
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:40 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:

Well i know NDSU and UND both have, but Iowa and Iowa State I didn't hear that. Thats why I was just wondering where he got the information from?? It wouldnt suprise me if they offered him. College teams can do a lot with a kid thats 6'4" 200. You can keep him at QB, move him to WR, or play him at safety. Hes got the speed and size to play at big schools.

Come on now wildwolves, you don't need to be rippin this by saying nebraska and USC. Give a kid credit.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:51 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:

Well i know NDSU and UND both have, but Iowa and Iowa State I didn't hear that. Thats why I was just wondering where he got the information from?? It wouldnt suprise me if they offered him. College teams can do a lot with a kid thats 6'4" 200. You can keep him at QB, move him to WR, or play him at safety. Hes got the speed and size to play at big schools.

Come on now wildwolves, you don't need to be rippin this by saying nebraska and USC. Give a kid credit.

would anyone even want to go to nebraska anymore?
rep

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Sorry but every once in a while I get cynical. And just because a school sends you a letter doesn't mean they are truly interested. When they show up at your house and or you make a recruiting visit on the school they are interested.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby old lineman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:09 pm

I had the opportunity to watch a few Jamestown Jimmies games along with a few Minot State games. It was with a great deal of pride that you could see young men from far away places like Kulm, Velva, Garrison, Regent, and Harvey play outstanding football. The U of Mary also does a great job of recruiting local talent. If a young athlete gets any chance to experience the next level, even if it is not NDSU, Iowa, etc. There will never be a better place for these young men to meet life long friends and learn from hard knocks. DC, Central Mclean, Napolean, Mott- Regent, R-T, and many other teams have boys that should give it a shot at the next level. The small colleges in ND that are successful know that if a kid come there to school, plays 4 years he got something and will give something back. It is not the kids from California that fill the stands it is the kid from Kenmare that has family and 5 buddies at the game. So if the chance arises DO IT. We don't want to leave out Henry at DSU from this list either.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:

Where have you heard this from??

There was an article in the GF Herald and from Bisonville.com
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:35 pm

You must really have a personal grudge against Nichols, upnext. Lets say he goes to NDSU next year to play quarterback. He's not going to start as a true freshmen. He's going to more then likely redshirt and build up his body. I'm positive that Craig Bohl doesn't think he's got the physical presence to be their quarterback next year. Even Matt Anderson redshirted when he got there. Almost every college freshmen at NDSU/UND will redshirt their first year. I personally think the coaches who have been having people scout him all season are smarter then you when it comes to football and they obviously see something in him they think will benefit their team in the future. So if you are done nit picking at him because he didn't want to take on Napoleons defense like he's a freight train why don't we all get back to the topic and keep naming college prospects. I haven't heard anything about Tanner Anderson, the running back for D/ST but he had some huge games this year and I think he could play at the next level. Has anyone heard anything?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND_9296 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 pm

I'm pretty sure Seth Wisthoff from Glenburn is being recruited by UND. I'm not really sure what position he's projected to play in college. His brother David had a nice career for the Sioux as a fullback a few years ago.
UND_9296

Postby lucky7 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Seth Wisthoff, Seth Nichols, Ian McGurran, and Sorenson were the ND kids at UND last weekend for an official visit. I am guessing all were offered some type of scholarship.
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The stokker » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:42 pm

can you give me some info on Seth W. IanMcgurran and Sorenson? Stats Positions etc.
The stokker

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:04 pm

[quote="upnext"]Believe me watch the Napoleon vs Dak Prairie game tape--he backs away from hitting Gross and McCleary several times plus he won't stick his head in there to get extra yds numerous times---He was hurt in probably the second series from getting whacked by Napoleon now how will that tally up vs Division 1 teams?[/quote]

you could take numerous hits against a 270 lb D1 linebacker and not get hurt and all it might take is a 5'5" 140 lb kid rollin up under you to blow out a knee. your theory of him getting hurt againt Napoleon is pointless when saying he wont get up from a hit in college. and you just said he was hurt in the 2nd series....maybe thats why he was shying away from the contact for the rest of the game, to not furter injure himself???
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:42 pm

Nichols has verbally signed with UND to play football.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby lucky7 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:27 am

Wisthoff verbally committed to UND.
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UND_9296 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:40 am

lucky7 wrote:Seth Wisthoff, Seth Nichols, Ian McGurran, and Sorenson were the ND kids at UND last weekend for an official visit. I am guessing all were offered some type of scholarship.

Pretty cool that all four committed to UND shortly after their visit. :D
UND_9296

Postby woody6997 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Seth Wisthoff has verbally committed to UND. They project him to play TE. At 6'4" 255lbs (with room to grow) he will be a beast for them.
woody6997

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:30 pm

woody6997 wrote:Seth Wisthoff has verbally committed to UND. They project him to play TE. At 6'4" 255lbs (with room to grow) he will be a beast for them.

He will be a fun one to watch at the "U" in a couple years. Congrats to him and best of luck to him and the Sioux in the future.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 pm

upnext wrote:Believe me watch the Napoleon vs Dak Prairie game tape--he backs away from hitting Gross and McCleary several times plus he won't stick his head in there to get extra yds numerous times---He was hurt in probably the second series from getting whacked by Napoleon now how will that tally up vs Division 1 teams?

Mcleary is 5' 11'' 215 pounds(probly 225 in football) i would run away from him haha. but i dont think he is afraid to take a hit, from what i have heard he is an amazing athlete.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man