Divide County vs. Mott-Regent

The teams in 9 Man

Divide County vs. Mott-Regent

Postby johndeere » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:03 pm

I think it will be a great game with dc coming out on top.
What does everybody else think?
johndeere

Re: Divide County vs. Mott-Regent

Postby BB11 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm with you. Every week I pick Divide -there are people that argue that they haven't played anyone yet. I wouldn't think that this would still be a viable argument for people that have no idea how good Divide is. Mott-Regent is a great team, but this game is in Divide, and I coaching still wins out.
I gotta stick with my pre-season prediction and say Divide will win state.
Divide 26 - Mott-Regent 22
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:40 pm

I'll take Mott-Regent 28, Divide County 22

I've been lucky enough to see both of them play. Divide County's quarterback will cause a lot of problems for Mott-Regent.
However, I'm taking Mott-Regent just because Gion will be too much. He'll get more carries in this game then he has all year. I still think Mott-Regent's defense is a little bit better than Divide County's.
That's my prediction, Let's hear some other peoples.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:52 pm

A bit redundant I know, but this one is going to be extremely close. Don't know more than I've read about M/R, but the DC kids showed a lot of heart on Saturday. After being stop on goal and 6 inches, prior to the half, they came back with 3 TD's in the 3rd. I'd say first team to 30 wins, but you got to give it to DC with home field advantage and Bob and Nat on the sidelines.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Grandma's Boy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:47 pm

This is gonna be a great game! From what i've seen Mott is an extremely aggresive, fast team, with Gion leading the pack, and there linemen are all pretty hefty. Divide has a lot options as far as offense goes, I think this game will be won in the trenches, Mott and Divides lines are matched up pretty evenly, and both have good guys back in the skill positions as well. I'm not so sure about this one, either team could come out on top. and I agree with AC DC, playing on the Maroons home turf will be tuff, homefield advantage in the playoffs is a killer in my opinion.
Grandma's Boy

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 am

I would like to see the semi's played at a neutral site.

Like Mott/Regent vs Divide Co. played in Bismarck or Dickinson
and Dakota Prairie vs Napoleon played in Jamestown
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:50 am

I think semifinal games should be played at a nuetral site as well. Cuts down on the travel distance for the away team (which is usually quite a trip this late in the playoffs) and would help attendance at the game for the away team as well. This used be done 10-15 years ago and I think they should go back to it. I'm still for homefield advantage through the quarterfinals, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:03 am

I agree about the neutral sight issue. You get that far and there should be no advantage regarding field. I know there are problems with finding a sight that is willing to possibly allow their field to get torn up because of weather (snow, rain) but we do have the Community Bowl in Bis with artificial turf. I am sure there are a lot of options.

How about switching officiating crews too. Selected east crews travel and do West games, and vice versa? Just a thought
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:29 pm

I agree that the game should be played at a neutral sight also. But do you realize where Crosby and Mott are on a map? Say if they did play in Bismarck or Dickinson, Divide would have to travel around 4 hours for both, and it would be about an hour for Mott for either location. That would force Divide to stay in Bismarck or Dickinson, which obvoiusly costs alot of money for the school. How about playing in Watford City? Or maybe even Minot.
9manfootballmom, what are you implying about the refs? I think they do a good job either way. I'm not saying you do too, but some people don't realize how hard their job is. Fans need to give them a break sometimes.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:39 pm

It would be tough for Divide and MR to find a nuetral site. I think Bismarck or Dickinson is an unfair to Divide and Minot would be unfair to MR. Williston or WC would probably be the best.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Pfenix » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:16 pm

At one time weren't the semi-final games and the championship game all played at the dome? You'd think that would make the most sense, but it is tough to work around NDSU schedule seeing as they have a game this weekend. Anybody know when they quit doing that?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsnut5000 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:00 pm

Im not sure but i think it was a money issue.
sportsnut5000

Postby Badger9 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Pfenix wrote:At one time weren't the semi-final games and the championship game all played at the dome? You'd think that would make the most sense, but it is tough to work around NDSU schedule seeing as they have a game this weekend. Anybody know when they quit doing that?

I think they quit playing the semis at the dome after the 96 or 97 season
Badger9

Postby nordstde » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:11 am

Back to the game now. How big is Mott up front? How well go they really match up with DC in the trenches? I know they have Gion at RB, and he is very good. What else do they have as far as playmakers besides him? As you can see, I don't know much about them, other than they are very good. Any insight on them would be appreciated.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:23 am

I hear motts best receiver has broke both his hands. Is that true?
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:12 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I would like to see the semi's played at a neutral site.

Like Mott/Regent vs Divide Co. played in Bismarck or Dickinson
and Dakota Prairie vs Napoleon played in Jamestown

Hosting a game like this is huge for a small town. Would Bismark notice an additional 2 - 300 people in town for the day? For a small town resuraunt or gas station, it would make their week if not month. Not to mention the game concessions for the school groups. I agree with making an event of the Dakota Bowl, especially the indoor venue in mid-November. But, I say leave the play-offs where they are. The distribution is as fair as possible. I know what its like to join the fan caravan on a long away trip. The hometown crowd and a large visitor turn-out are what make high school sports so great. It's also good for opponents to see where the competition comes from. It all adds to the spirit of the game.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:21 am

sapp_jr_99 wrote:I hear motts best receiver has broke both his hands. Is that true?

Blaze Kautzman Broke one hand and played against St.John with a cast, then he broke his other hand which will need surgery. He is done for the season.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 am

How was it determined that Divide County gets the homefield in this game?
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:17 am

I am not implying anything regarding the refs, Sir. I know officials have an incredibly difficult job. It is my opinion that some officiating crews get in a comfort zone in their own regions. What would it hurt to mix it up a bit?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 am

tcbison wrote:How was it determined that Divide County gets the homefield in this game?

it's an odd-numbered year and divide county is an odd-numbered region whereas mott-regent is an even-numbered region.
rep

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:26 am

rep wrote:
tcbison wrote:How was it determined that Divide County gets the homefield in this game?

it's an odd-numbered year and divide county is an odd-numbered region whereas mott-regent is an even-numbered region.

Thanks. Seems to me last year Mott-Regent had to travel to Turtle Lake-Mercer even thought the Wildfire were undefeated just like this year. I'm not complaining but it just seems like Mott-Regent is getting the short end of the stick.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:30 am

tcbison wrote:
rep wrote:

Thanks. Seems to me last year Mott-Regent had to travel to Turtle Lake-Mercer even thought the Wildfire were undefeated just like this year. I'm not complaining but it just seems like Mott-Regent is getting the short end of the stick.

last year because tlm and mott-regent were from even-numbered regions they ended up doing a coin flip if i remember right. i thought it was pretty stupid because i think m-r beat tlm in the regular season...which is what i would think would be included in the tie-breaker situation before the coin flip.
rep

Postby yoyo08 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 am

well nordstde to answer your question about the guys in the trenches, the wildfire have 3 potential all-staters on their line. their the same if not better than divide county up front. size aint everything up front,(if i recall 4 years ago when M/R played DC, MR was very outmatched up front by like 100 pounds a man and still worked them over pretty handily, so size aint everything, M/R won that game 42-28.) as far as other playmakers, jay grosz at fullback, brade schweitzer at qb and elliot kirschmann and nick kautzman at TE's. all are tremendous atheletes and have been making plays all year. i see this being a heck of a game. i see this game being won up front. the wildfire have an advantage of being able to sub freely their guards in and out to keep them fresh with matt dobitz and nate messmer.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Grandma's Boy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:16 pm

yoyo08 wrote:well nordstde to answer your question about the guys in the trenches, the wildfire have 3 potential all-staters on their line. their the same if not better than divide county up front. size aint everything up front,(if i recall 4 years ago when M/R played DC, MR was very outmatched up front by like 100 pounds a man and still worked them over pretty handily, so size aint everything, M/R won that game 42-28.) as far as other playmakers, jay grosz at fullback, brade schweitzer at qb and elliot kirschmann and nick kautzman at TE's. all are tremendous atheletes and have been making plays all year. i see this being a heck of a game. i see this game being won up front. the wildfire have an advantage of being able to sub freely their guards in and out to keep them fresh with matt dobitz and nate messmer.

First off, why are you talking about a game four years ago?! That has absolutley nothing to do with the game this year, new players, new atmosphere. As far as being able to sub in players, DC has that luxery as well, they have alot of depth in the O/D lines, and they have many different formations in which personnel are constantly being rolled in and out.
Grandma's Boy

Postby yoyo08 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:54 pm

first off grandmas boy, i was trying to imply that back four years ago divide was way bigger up front than M/R. everybody is talking about how divide is so big up front and they will just manhandle anybody that goes up against them, that aint true, i've seen your linemen play, their big but their not fast. m/r's line, their big and their fast. if divide starts out slow like they did vs r/t and cm, they wont stand a chance.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man