Divide County vs. Mott-Regent

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Divide County vs. Mott-Regent

Postby nordstde » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:04 pm

Hey yoyo08, the game they played was three years ago. I was the starting center for Divide that year. I hate to talk about something that happened years ago, but I have to say something. Did you watch the game? Because is no way did Mott even challenge us up front. They beat us with their excellent passing game. With Myier and Grotz (I know I didn't spell those right, sorry) they were able to burn us all night. So don't say they "worked us over", for the most part, it was the other way around.
As far as our lineman this year, they are very good. Of course they can move, that is what our coach has preached his entire career, LINEMAN. That is why we contend every year. Are you going to be at the game? If you are, I think you will be in for a big surprise as far as how DC plays up front.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:06 pm

yoyo08 wrote:first off grandmas boy, i was trying to imply that back four years ago divide was way bigger up front than M/R. everybody is talking about how divide is so big up front and they will just manhandle anybody that goes up against them, that aint true, i've seen your linemen play, their big but their not fast. m/r's line, their big and their fast. if divide starts out slow like they did vs r/t and cm, they wont stand a chance.

Who has said that Divide will manhandle anybody? I've seen MR play as well and i'll agree that they have size and there fast, not once did I say they weren't, but I don't think MR has an advantage over DC's line and I don't think DC's line has an advantage on MR's line, Like i said i beleive there evenly matched, we can sit and bicker back and forth or we can wait and see who wins on saturday.
Grandma's Boy

Postby yoyo08 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:22 pm

nordstde wrote:Hey yoyo08, the game they played was three years ago. I was the starting center for Divide that year. I hate to talk about something that happened years ago, but I have to say something. Did you watch the game? Because is no way did Mott even challenge us up front. They beat us with their excellent passing game. With Myier and Grotz (I know I didn't spell those right, sorry) they were able to burn us all night. So don't say they "worked us over", for the most part, it was the other way around.
As far as our lineman this year, they are very good. Of course they can move, that is what our coach has preached his entire career, LINEMAN. That is why we contend every year. Are you going to be at the game? If you are, I think you will be in for a big surprise as far as how DC plays up front.

i've seen divides line play this year against a much smaller r/t team. they didnt impress me. but what i am gonna say is that since i've only seen them once i aint gonna say anything bad about them.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johndeere » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:03 pm

yoyo08 wrote: i've seen your linemen play, their big but their not fast. m/r's line, their big and their fast.

I wouldn't call divide countys lineman slow.
I have also seen mott regents lineman and i dont think they were very fast.
johndeere

Postby Pfenix » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 pm

That game three years ago is ancient history for these two programs. Yes it was defining moment for a young M/R club who captured their first region championship that year, and Divide made their first of four straight semi-final games after losing to the wildfire. The seniors on these two teams were freshman when that game was played, and have been through so much more since then. Its kind of cool how it all went full circle though. This one will be a battle. This game will just come down to who wants it more.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 am

Slow? Have you seen Clint Urvand, 6'-6" 230 lbs, in the backfield or catching a pass down field for a touchdown? That's what DC does, takes advantage of all their weapons, in ways you don't expect. This will definetly be the game of the season. I for one can not wait.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ljg24 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:22 pm

hey yoyo, as was said the game four years ago doesnt matter, but dc's line didnt get man handled in that game by far the maroons got beat by one of the best wide receivers to play nine man ball, meir was under pressure the whole game, doesnt really imply a d line bein man handled if ya ask me. but enough on that. this game is going to be probly the best all year both teams are very talented and well balanced. it will be close, however i have to go with divide county on this one cause they are well coached to go along with there talent and have experince in this situation some of them as much as three years in the semi finals. they will be ready to play, key will be how well they can stop gion.
ljg24

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:01 pm

ljg24 wrote:hey yoyo, as was said the game four years ago doesnt matter, but dc's line didnt get man handled in that game by far the maroons got beat by one of the best wide receivers to play nine man ball, meir was under pressure the whole game, doesnt really imply a d line bein man handled if ya ask me. but enough on that. this game is going to be probly the best all year both teams are very talented and well balanced. it will be close, however i have to go with divide county on this one cause they are well coached to go along with there talent and have experince in this situation some of them as much as three years in the semi finals. they will be ready to play, key will be how well they can stop gion.

Don't know much about either teams, but I understand that Mott-Regent has a good tailback in Gion. I was wondering who is Divide's playmakers other then Ellison and that Dhuyvetter (spelling)?? I havent really heard about them. I know Divide County has some of the best tradition in the state. Football is a must in that part of the state. I have no idea who to pick, I am from the east. Good luck to both teams.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby yoyo08 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:42 pm

this is gonna be a great game, thats all i am gonna say, i aint gonna bash talk anybody else anymore. i am gonna pick mott/regent by 1 touchdown. 28-20.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
sapp_jr_99 wrote:I hear motts best receiver has broke both his hands. Is that true?

Blaze Kautzman Broke one hand and played against St.John with a cast, then he broke his other hand which will need surgery. He is done for the season.

True story...Blaise tried to play with 2 casts but the doctor wouldn't give him permission...
project-pat

Postby nordstde » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:57 pm

Pakkyzoo, as far as DC's playmakers go, they have several. Ellison is a great dual threat QB, Dhuyvetter is among the best recievers in the state, he just makes plays. They don't really have any individuals that stand out. They spread the ball around very well. A couple of other players to know about are, Radenic at RB, Austin Dhuyvetter in the backfield, and Clint Urvand is a big man that can catch and run.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:10 am

nordstde wrote:Pakkyzoo, as far as DC's playmakers go, they have several. Ellison is a great dual threat QB, Dhuyvetter is among the best recievers in the state, he just makes plays. They don't really have any individuals that stand out. They spread the ball around very well. A couple of other players to know about are, Radenic at RB, Austin Dhuyvetter in the backfield, and Clint Urvand is a big man that can catch and run.

Thanks nordstde. So their are two Dhuyvetter's or just one? Also does Divide still run the midline or veer offense like the last time I seen them (against Richland 2 years ago)? Clint Urvand is related to some friends back where I come from.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:43 pm

Yes, there are two Dhuyvetters, Dane and Austin, both are very talented. They don't run much, if any triple option anymore.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby fish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Mott/Regent was leading with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter. The score was 6-3 in favor of Mott/Regent. Mott/Regents Brock Gion had a 82 yard TD Run and then DC made a field goal!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:37 pm

Mott/Regent just scored with 8:30 seconds left in the 2nd Quarter! They are now leading with a score of 14-3, thanks to an interception by Devan Laufer!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Mott/Regent leads at halftime 14-3 over Divide County! Go Wildfire!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:30 pm

final score?
rep

Postby tcbison » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:57 pm

rep wrote:final score?

Mott-Regent 20 Divide County 17 was the final score. I heard that Brock Gion broke his arm in the 3rd quarter.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:00 pm

It was a great game and a tough loss.. M/R didn't make many mistakes and DC coughed up a couple of key turnovers, interception and fumble, within sight of the end zone. DC had to play catch-up all game, but never gave up.

Too bad for M/R if Gion has broken his arm, he will be sorely missed at state.

Good season DC, it would have been good to see the seniors at state, but I'm sure Bob a nd Nate will put together another tough team for next year. How many days?
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:04 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i was jacked to see gion for the first time if mott-regent was going to win. that is a tough way to end your season if it is broken...man...that is gotta be one of the worst feelings for a kid who has put together such a nice season.

i feel for the divde guys too...to be that close for that many years...it's almost gotta feel like a curse at some point. best of luck in 08 guys. at some point they are going to get over this hump and that is going to make it that much sweeter.
rep

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 pm

rep wrote:nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i was jacked to see gion for the first time if mott-regent was going to win. that is a tough way to end your season if it is broken...man...that is gotta be one of the worst feelings for a kid who has put together such a nice season.

i feel for the divde guys too...to be that close for that many years...it's almost gotta feel like a curse at some point. best of luck in 08 guys. at some point they are going to get over this hump and that is going to make it that much sweeter.

Thanks for the thought, but I wouldn't call it a curse. We are very fortunate to have a coaching staff that can produce this kind of dynasty, that allows us to get this far every year. You are also right though, that it will be very sweet indeed to finally win the show.

See you next year!

Bring on the hockey season!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:31 pm

So can anybody substantiate the statement that Gion broke his arm? That would be bad ...but it sure would be nice to know if it is true... instead of just heresay. Good luck to both teams at state.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:58 pm

it is broken in two places and he is done.
rep

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:10 pm

Gion broke both bones in his arm. So now the Wildfire will be without him and Blaise for the championship game. The loss of Gion severely hurts their offense.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:32 pm

wow Gion with a broken arm. thats definitely gonna hurt the wildfire. even with Gion being out im still looking for m/r to run the ball lots. they still have alot of weapons available, but gion being out definitely hurts. i heard that they also used gion to return kickoffs against divide county, but that the ball was never kicked to him. it'll be interesting to see who they put back to receive kickoffs now.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man