the best d-line/o-line in the state.

The teams in 9 Man

the best d-line/o-line in the state.

Postby hithardalltime » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:13 pm

what team do you think has the best lines in the state?
hithardalltime

Re: the best d-line/o-line in the state.

Postby hithardalltime » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Me personaly, i think one of the best o-lines is lakota's. They make holes so big for johanson, i think any running back could be good on that team, not saying he isn't a good running back, but the reason he is so good is alot of the way his line made holes for him!
hithardalltime

Postby nordstde » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:26 am

I would say either Central McClean or Divide County has the best Lineman in the state. We will find out who is best today.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby yoyo08 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:34 pm

I would have to say the line from Mott/Regent. Lance Olson, Devin Laufer, Matt Dobitz, Nate Messmer, and Charlie Crane are all great linemen. Alson Nick Kautzman at TE and DE, he is pretty good too.
yoyo08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby front page » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:18 pm

i think dp has one of the best in the state also. the line consists of alex vasichek, ben susa, and leland higginbotham. they arent the biggest or the strongest, but together they can really open up holes for severson, and give some time for nichols. i mean correct me if im wrong, but they did make it to the semifinals, and nichols and severson are both all-state. how do you think they got their stats?
front page

Postby Danimal » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:43 pm

i agree with yoyo 08 those are the ones that are making those holes for Brock Gion and Jay Grosz to run throw.
Danimal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby homer » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 pm

i agree nichols is a great qb but he got alot of his success from scrambling so seversons success maybe but nichols has very happy feet and moves alot
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby front page » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:28 pm

i believe homer has a good point but if you look closely at the games they have played, seth also sits in the pocket for 4-8 seconds every play before he starts to scramble.
front page

Postby 9manfootballfan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:51 pm

nordstde wrote:I would say either Central McClean or Divide County has the best Lineman in the state. We will find out who is best today.

I know this was a while ago but i think that Central McLean did have one of the biggest lines. But not only were they big they were talented and experienced. I think the goal line stand right before half when Central McLean stopped 4 plays within the 10 and 2 within inches. I think that proved which line was the best on the field that day. The ends made some good blocks (Eslinger, Singer) the interior linemen (Presser, Sondral, Hefta) opened some good holes. DC's secondary did a really good job of keying on the runs and passes though.
9manfootballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby old lineman » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:03 pm

I would agree with that comment about c/m 's line they did a a great job especially on those series prior to the end of the 1st half. DC came out in the second half and found a weak spot in the pass defense and the rest is history.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:33 pm

This last summer I worked the Line of Scrimmage camp at VCSU and I got to see first hand Mott/Regents offenseive line including Nick Kautzman. My impression after that camp ( and I told them) that they would be state champs not even knowing anything about thier skilled positons.

They proved it to me too, after losing two of their biggest playmakers in the playoffs they still won it all.

Mott Regent hands down had the best line. On both sides of the ball. They are athletic, mean, and technically sound.

Congrats to the Mott Regent line you carried your team on your back all the way to the top. Great Job!
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby old lineman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:21 pm

Mott Regent proved themselves right. I thought that the championship game would be a blow out. Glad to see that I was wrong, not because I dislike Napolean, witch I don't, but the Wildfire played with a lot of guts that day and could have folded before the game started. They took a lot of chances, got some breaks, had a Boise State play and got to be State Champs. Best offensive line maybe, most opportunistic kids without a doubt. Congrats.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:27 am

i was also impressed with how good m/r's line was. they were quick and physical, and really did a good job opening up holes and getting downfield all season long. they also provided good pass blocking when it was needed. on defense the also did a very good job of closing the holes up and stopping the rb's at the line of scrimmage, or just a couple yards downfield.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man