Coach of the year

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Hawkeye99 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:57 am

Which coach has done the best job this year?
Hawkeye99

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:02 am

I don't know how Cory Davis from St John can't be the frontrunner for this award.  Taking a winless team 3 years ago and only 2 wins last year to being undefeated and playing in the state quarterfinals is a heck of an accomplishment.  I think Roerick from Hillsboro has a good shot at it, too.  Hillsboro had a terrible program in 11 man and then even in 9man for awhile when he took over but he has built that program up to a top level team and has an excellent shot at a state championship this year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Coach of the year

Postby sportsnut5000 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:26 pm

I have to agree with ndlionsfan and go with cory davis from St. John's.
sportsnut5000

Postby upnext » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:11 pm

Schiele from Napoleon---he lost basically his entire starting offensive line, most skill positions and is back in the finals!! not bad for a 1st yr coach.....
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:13 pm

upnext wrote:Schiele from Napoleon---he lost basically his entire starting offensive line, most skill positions and is back in the finals!! not bad for a 1st yr coach.....

my vote would be for schiele also, they lost 10 seniors from last year and takes the job over less than a week before the first pratice and has them back in the finals, thats pretty impressive.
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:52 pm

schiele is also the first one to tell you that he took over a well-coached team and that much of the work other coaches have to do, he didn't have to worry about this season.

he's had a good season but i don't know if i'd hit him up to coach of the year.
rep

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:22 am

Cory Davis from St John-definitely a good coach if u can take a team from
winlless 3 years ago and now playing in the state quarterfinals this year. sure some may argue that hes got better kids now, but it takes a good coach to get all this differeent and new kids to play together, and to turn his team around onto the winning track.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 am

chevyman11 wrote:Cory Davis from St John-definitely a good coach if u can take a team from
winlless 3 years ago and now playing in the state quarterfinals this year. sure some may argue that hes got better kids now, but it takes a good coach to get all this differeent and new kids to play together, and to turn his team around onto the winning track.

Agreed - Cory has done an amazing job this year - no other team in the state can claim that type of one year turn-around, especially in a school where football has never been a big priority. Great job to he and his staff.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Cory Davis all the way!! St.John won 2 games last year!
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pfenix » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Coach Ron Benson won coach of the year and rightfully so. He held M/R together after gion and kautzman got hurt. It's been along time coming, congratulations Benny!!!!
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby upnext » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:55 pm

he had everyone back from last yr=dont get to caught up in the act---great game he called today i will give him credit for..
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:19 pm

imperials wrote:
upnext wrote:Schiele from Napoleon---he lost basically his entire starting offensive line, most skill positions and is back in the finals!! not bad for a 1st yr coach.....

my vote would be for schiele also, they lost 10 seniors from last year and takes the job over less than a week before the first pratice and has them back in the finals, thats pretty impressive.

How did i kno you two would say that!? :D ...not that he wouldnt deserve it but look who they still had left..McCleary..Gross..Laber..he's obviously a good coach but there was also some serious talent there already.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:16 am

If I remember correctly benson HAD been coaching those boys since they started playing football. Yes he had most of his team back but he made them into the team and the players that they are.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:41 pm

Wow, you are extremely bent on finding a way for Napolean to be best at something this year aren't you?
Grandma's Boy

Postby upnext » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:15 pm

Player of the year....enough said
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:40 pm

2007 North Dakota State 9-man football Champions. Enough said.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:41 pm

Oh snap got ya there haha
Grandma's Boy

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:22 pm

Haha ooh be nice to upnext... :lol:

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Grandma's Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:36 pm

Why? hahaha he's done nothing but disrespect teams, referees, and members of this site.
Grandma's Boy

Postby adriana » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:38 pm

Haha thats true...but his team lost...he's goin thru a rough time at the moment :lol:

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby future star » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:21 pm

I'd have to say the coach from NCB has to be a top 5 guy i mean if the only 2 games you lose are to great teams and the only reason they lost to st.john is cuz their player couldn't hold on to the ball. If you put them together next year NCB will beat them down. :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:28 pm

future star wrote:I'd have to say the coach from NCB has to be a top 5 guy i mean if the only 2 games you lose are to great teams and the only reason they lost to st.john is cuz their player couldn't hold on to the ball. If you put them together next year NCB will beat them down. :twisted:

Great teams beat great teams...and I might not be familiar with the NCB vs St John game, but I haven't seen a game where the only reason a team lost was because of a fumble :?
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:02 pm

Actualy that fumble did play a big part in it. They had a receiver catch a wide open pass in the 3rd quarter and was on his way to scoring a touchdown to take the lead, when he just....dropped the ball. St. John won that game by playing outstanding defense, and NCB lost by not scoring more than 8 points. I don't know how good NCB will be next year. Without Haagenson there isn't a whole lot there.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm

Pfenix wrote:Actualy that fumble did play a big part in it. They had a receiver catch a wide open pass in the 3rd quarter and was on his way to scoring a touchdown to take the lead, when he just....dropped the ball. St. John won that game by playing outstanding defense, and NCB lost by not scoring more than 8 points. I don't know how good NCB will be next year. Without Haagenson there isn't a whole lot there.

Big part, sure...but definately not the "only reason".
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:02 pm

i thought cory davis should have gotten it but it takes a good coach to keep your team together when 2 of your best players are out and still win a championship game
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man