Coach of the year

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Coach of the year

Postby oldminerfan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:00 am

Altough they didn't make it to the big dance again this year, I think Bob Brown and Nate Nelson from DC need to be mentioned here. They take kids that no one would give a chance to be football players and make them into winning teams year after year. They teach these kids to respect and how to earn respect. They have never run up a score or let a game get out of control even if that means their starters play one quarter a night.They care about the kids first as individuals and then as football players always looking out for that kids best interest. They have been in the semis or state game in each of the last four years as well as region champs all four years. They teach team ball and that is the reason there has never been one total standout from DC. Every player has his role and is a part of the DC team. These two are in a class of their own, a class of excellence.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:59 am

oldminerfan wrote:Although they didn't make it to the big dance again this year, I think Bob Brown and Nate Nelson from DC need to be mentioned here. They take kids that no one would give a chance to be football players and make them into winning teams year after year. They teach these kids to respect and how to earn respect. They have never run up a score or let a game get out of control even if that means their starters play one quarter a night.They care about the kids first as individuals and then as football players always looking out for that kids best interest. They have been in the semis or state game in each of the last four years as well as region champs all four years. They teach team ball and that is the reason there has never been one total standout from DC. Every player has his role and is a part of the DC team. These two are in a class of their own, a class of excellence.

What more can you say? That's why they get better than 90% of the eligible boys on the field.

Bob and Nate have my vote.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playin2win » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 am

Great post AC-DC i have to agree with that. another name i want to throw out there, he may not have had the best record which i know is a huge part but Coach Bertch Wells CO. he took a group of very young kids that not one of them had any time but this year took that group of kids to the playoffs. granted they were only .500 in the season but i had to tip my hat to get these kids confidence up and let them play and took some risks while trying to let some younger kids shine and i saw that they played well for him for the most part of the season. They had their ups and downs but i just had to throw his name out there.
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man