The teams in 9 Man

Postby ndfbfan70 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 am

predictions ne one?
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:17 am

i would imagine grothmann has hillsboro in pretty good shape for next season before this one is even completed. same could be said for gross at napoleon, but i'm not positive about who each team will be losing.

mccleary for sure, but i think ngs also brings back its qb, not sure about weigel at te. i think laber is only a junior.

with hillsboro, i have no clue as to who is back...isn't grothmann's brother younger? i thought i read that somewhere.
Last edited by rep on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:50 am

For Region 4, look for Wells Co to pretty good.  They were a playoff team this year and had a lot of sophomores playing in key positions and don't lose a lot of seniors. 
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:57 am

Dakota Prairie will be pretty tough again.  They return their whole line in Leeland Higganbothom, Alex Vasicheck, and Ben Susa.  Pluse they return 3 of their wide outs in Kyle Lamb, Griffin Ham and Tyler Luehring.  More then likely Luehring will play QB.  Also Alex Kroke seen a ton of playing time at runningback and linebacker.  Also they got a transfer in from Northwood.  I dont know how good he is, but he could be decent.  I think his name is Tony Waklee??  I am not sure who he is, I just heard he moved their after Hatton-Northwood's season was done.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby fb fan 4 life » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:10 am

I think Williams County was pretty young too. They could be a contender for the Region Title with DC again.
fb fan 4 life

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:46 am

Williams Co. did not even come close to "contending" Divide Co. for the region this year. All they did was talk about how good and how fast they were all year. And then they got absolutely smoked, 42-0.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:49 am

easy buddy.  I am pretty sure everyone understands that he was paying Divide Co. a compliment by saying they would be there again. 

Divide Co. this year and Turtle Lake aka Central Mclean last year have to be the most self promoting groups I have ever witnessed.  Is there a way both of them can lose the game on sat.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:37 pm

rep wrote:i would imagine grothmann has hillsboro in pretty good shape for next season before this one is even completed. same could be said for gross at napoleon, but i'm not positive about who each team will be losing.

mccleary for sure, but i think ngs also brings back its qb, not sure about weigel at te. i think laber is only a junior.

with hillsboro, i have no clue as to who is back...isn't grothmann's brother younger? i thought i read that somewhere.

Hillsboro keeps Meyer , both Grothmanns, and their O-line stays the same except for the loss of Jake Olsen at TE.  They'll be a force for sure next year.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Pretty sure Turtle Lake hasnt talked at all yet so you can just keep your stupid thoughts to yourself.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb fan 4 life » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:51 pm

nordstde wrote:Williams Co. did not even come close to "contending" Divide Co. for the region this year. All they did was talk about how good and how fast they were all year. And then they got absolutely smoked, 42-0.

I didn't say they came close this year. DC is good every year. However I think WC can compete better next year with more experience coming back for them than they had this year. Everybody knows DC is always the region favorite. I don't know for sure what the other teams in that region bring back but those two have to be the early favorites.
fb fan 4 life

Postby sportsperson » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Please, if at all possible, don't think any worse of the players from Central McLean or Divide County for the stupid things their fans say. All they've done is work their behinds off for their whole lives to get to where they are. If anything, don't wish a loss on both teams, just wish for said stupid fans to get a little smarterer or something.
Last edited by sportsperson on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby andy_7 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:42 pm

If Kyle Lamb is anything like his brother he will be dang good. Don't quite remember him from this past year.

pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie will be pretty tough again.  They return their whole line in Leeland Higganbothom, Alex Vasicheck, and Ben Susa.  Pluse they return 3 of their wide outs in Kyle Lamb, Griffin Ham and Tyler Luehring.  More then likely Luehring will play QB.  Also Alex Kroke seen a ton of playing time at runningback and linebacker.  Also they got a transfer in from Northwood.  I dont know how good he is, but he could be decent.  I think his name is Tony Waklee??  I am not sure who he is, I just heard he moved their after Hatton-Northwood's season was done.
andy_7

Re: Re:

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:26 pm

andy_7 wrote:If Kyle Lamb is anything like his brother he will be dang good. Don't quite remember him from this past year.

pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie will be pretty tough again.  They return their whole line in Leeland Higganbothom, Alex Vasicheck, and Ben Susa.  Pluse they return 3 of their wide outs in Kyle Lamb, Griffin Ham and Tyler Luehring.  More then likely Luehring will play QB.  Also Alex Kroke seen a ton of playing time at runningback and linebacker.  Also they got a transfer in from Northwood.  I dont know how good he is, but he could be decent.  I think his name is Tony Waklee??  I am not sure who he is, I just heard he moved their after Hatton-Northwood's season was done.

This year he has 35 cathces for 500+ and 6 td's. Hes a sophmore. Plays a little bit of linebacker for DP. Should be a better linebacker next year then he was this year. Another year of development. I dont know if he will get as big as his brother was, but I think he will be a solid player.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008

Postby nordstde » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:46 pm

OK, obviously I have to defend myself on this one. I'm a Divide fan as most of you know. At what point have I said anything stupid or untrue on this site? Please let me know. Just because somebody else might say something stupid doesn't mean everyone else from there is the same way. Please don't generalize an area. Believe me, Me and my fellow Divide fans aren't looking to be arrogant or cocky. Nothing would bother me more on here than if someone takes my words and puts them in other people mouths, so to speak. The thing alot of people don't realize on here is that our former teams are the only teams we know much about. So of course it's going to look like we are "Self Promoting" or whatever. I really do hate to get off topic on here, but I had to try to defend my hometown a little.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby booyah » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:49 pm

region 2 will be tough again next year. FSHP should be decent with Ihry back at the running back for the next 2 years. hillsboro will also be extremely good. richland should be very good. they only lose 3 seniors.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby Mogvet » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 pm

sportsperson wrote:Please, if at all possible, don't think any worse of the players from Central McLean or Divide County for the stupid things their fans say. All they've done is work their behinds off for their whole lives to get to where they are. If anything, don't wish a loss on both teams, just wish for said stupid fans to get a little smarterer or something.

Well said......
There are three types of people in this world, sheep, shephards and wolves....guess what one you are?
Mogvet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:16 am

Another team that could do good next year is MLS (Mohall). They only had 1 senior this year and were a playoff team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:47 pm

nordstde wrote:OK, obviously I have to defend myself on this one. I'm a Divide fan as most of you know. At what point have I said anything stupid or untrue on this site? Please let me know. Just because somebody else might say something stupid doesn't mean everyone else from there is the same way. Please don't generalize an area. Believe me, Me and my fellow Divide fans aren't looking to be arrogant or cocky. Nothing would bother me more on here than if someone takes my words and puts them in other people mouths, so to speak. The thing alot of people don't realize on here is that our former teams are the only teams we know much about. So of course it's going to look like we are "Self Promoting" or whatever. I really do hate to get off topic on here, but I had to try to defend my hometown a little.

It's good to see Divide County has such passionate alumni. Having a mammoth chip on your shoulder is a birthright up here. It's part of the fighting pioneer spirit that makes our teams, athletic and academic, so competitive. If we don't promote ourselves, who will. "Go DC Maroons!"

Yes they will be tough again in 2008. It's what Bob and Nat do, make a team with what they have. That's why the JV kids got so much varsity playing time this year, to prepare for next. That's why 40 of the 50 eligible boys come out to play. It's not about winning or losing, it's about having fun, but losing isn't fun!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whompa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:39 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
andy_7 wrote:If Kyle Lamb is anything like his brother he will be dang good. Don't quite remember him from this past year.

This year he has 35 cathces for 500+ and 6 td's. Hes a sophmore. Plays a little bit of linebacker for DP. Should be a better linebacker next year then he was this year. Another year of development. I dont know if he will get as big as his brother was, but I think he will be a solid player.

Who is Kyle Lamb's brother? is it Jake?
whompa
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:25 am

FSHP may have an off year, but they have some potential to be good. James Ihry comes backand thenew quarterback will probably be jordan satrom. They lost some key parts of their line though, and i dont know if they have the players to fill in there
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:37 pm

whompa wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie will be pretty tough again. They return their whole line in Leeland Higganbothom, Alex Vasicheck, and Ben Susa. Pluse they return 3 of their wide outs in Kyle Lamb, Griffin Ham and Tyler Luehring. More then likely Luehring will play QB. Also Alex Kroke seen a ton of playing time at runningback and linebacker. Also they got a transfer in from Northwood. I dont know how good he is, but he could be decent. I think his name is Tony Waklee?? I am not sure who he is, I just heard he moved their after Hatton-Northwood's season was done.

Who is Kyle Lamb's brother? is it Jake?

Yep Kyle is Jakes brother.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby sports for life » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:15 pm

st.john will be good again
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Not taking anything away from DP, but I dont think their going to be a region contender. Maybe a playoff spot at best. They lost some key guys that were instrumental in their success, I just personally don't think they're going to make up for those skill positions next year.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Dakota Prairie may not have the weapons they had last year, but who do you think will be the teams in that region ahead of them? All of the top teams last year were very senior heavy, north border, dp, thompson, even lakota. Central Valley was young but they still might be a year away from being a real region contender. Dakota Prairie also returns their entire line, which is always a good thing. But its still a long ways away.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:10 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:FSHP may have an off year, but they have some potential to be good. James Ihry comes backand thenew quarterback will probably be jordan satrom. They lost some key parts of their line though, and i dont know if they have the players to fill in there

FSHP should be just fine...they really didn't lost key positions where they don't have a suitable/improved replacement.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man