The teams in 9 Man

Re:

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:52 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie will be pretty tough again. They return their whole line in Leeland Higganbothom, Alex Vasicheck, and Ben Susa. Pluse they return 3 of their wide outs in Kyle Lamb, Griffin Ham and Tyler Luehring. More then likely Luehring will play QB. Also Alex Kroke seen a ton of playing time at runningback and linebacker. Also they got a transfer in from Northwood. I dont know how good he is, but he could be decent. I think his name is Tony Waklee?? I am not sure who he is, I just heard he moved their after Hatton-Northwood's season was done.

he's got some decent speed as a running back but he's not elusive and he runs really upright. He may be better suited to the more open 9-man game but I'd think DP has a better option in-house.

The HN transfer that could make an impact is Gus Kueber. A new QB coming in after Nichols could really benefit from a big target. Kueber has very soft hands but might be a little slow to play receiver. Maybe a TE if you can teach him some blocking. That all depends on talking him into playing though, something I failed to do while he was at Northwood
Thunder66

Re: 2008

Postby no.dak. » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:51 pm

wyndmere lidgerwood could be decent and may contend for the region with the addition of bryce woodbury transferring. there's an all state running back right there
no.dak.

Postby future star » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:12 pm

I see DC winning state even though i think we could give them a go i still think they are the best 9-man team in the state. :cry:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:25 pm

According to a lot of the posters here, DC has been the best team in state for the past couple years...we'll just have to see how the season plays out
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Ocho Siete wrote:According to a lot of the posters here, DC has been the best team in state for the past couple years...we'll just have to see how the season plays out

Average talent, good depth, lots of heart and great coaching. As usual, it will be a good season to watch.
Go DC!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Johnny » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Mott is the team to beat until someone proves otherwise. Central McLean has a great backfield but will need that young O-line to step up. DC will reload and speed may even be better this year. Coaching is a big plus for DC. Napolean has a good returning line and backfield but as the championship game showed, depth will be their biggest hurdle. I really like Richland and possibly Hankinson to open some eyes-- not many teams finished as strong as Hankinson. Hillsboro has everything they need this year - solid line, good backfield and lots of seniors. North Border and Dakota Prarie will be good if their offensive lines come around- speed is also a question for Dakota Prarie -? will the sophomores/juniors step up.
Any idea on the best passing team in 9 man next year?
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Mott plays probably their two toughest games of the year first for next season. They start off with Central McLean and then R/T, so within the first two games they will have their biggest tests and we will see how much potential they have...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Johnny » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Great point -- I did not give proper respect to R/T ......and TriCounty will also bring back a lot of experience.
Johnny
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:08 pm

man wrote:Mott is the team to beat until someone proves otherwise. Central McLean has a great backfield but will need that young O-line to step up. DC will reload and speed may even be better this year. Coaching is a big plus for DC. Napolean has a good returning line and backfield but as the championship game showed, depth will be their biggest hurdle. I really like Richland and possibly Hankinson to open some eyes-- not many teams finished as strong as Hankinson. Hillsboro has everything they need this year - solid line, good backfield and lots of seniors. North Border and Dakota Prarie will be good if their offensive lines come around- speed is also a question for Dakota Prarie -? will the sophomores/juniors step up.
Any idea on the best passing team in 9 man next year?

Speed is a question for Dakota Prairie?? That is one of their biggest strengths, why do you they run the spread offense?? Because they have speed. They also have their whole offensive line back that was very good last year. They only produced 4 all state offensive players. Two 1,000 yard rushers, a 3,000 yard passer, and two 800+ yard receivers. I dont think that any of these stats would have happend without the offensive line, and they all return next year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby future star » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:09 am

Tricounty was a well coached and very poised team. I mean we had them down 13-6 at half and they came out like a new team. I'm not saying there going to win state but they are a solid team and i will give them props for coming back. :wink:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D3fan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 pm

Thunder66 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie will be pretty tough again. They return their whole line in Leeland Higganbothom, Alex Vasicheck, and Ben Susa. Pluse they return 3 of their wide outs in Kyle Lamb, Griffin Ham and Tyler Luehring. More then likely Luehring will play QB. Also Alex Kroke seen a ton of playing time at runningback and linebacker. Also they got a transfer in from Northwood. I dont know how good he is, but he could be decent. I think his name is Tony Waklee?? I am not sure who he is, I just heard he moved their after Hatton-Northwood's season was done.

he's got some decent speed as a running back but he's not elusive and he runs really upright. He may be better suited to the more open 9-man game but I'd think DP has a better option in-house.

The HN transfer that could make an impact is Gus Kueber. A new QB coming in after Nichols could really benefit from a big target. Kueber has very soft hands but might be a little slow to play receiver. Maybe a TE if you can teach him some blocking. That all depends on talking him into playing though, something I failed to do while he was at Northwood

i heard kueber is going out this year.
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man