9-Man Quarterfinal Playoffs - Saturday, October 27th

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:10 am

Saturday - October 27th (Quarterfinals)

PPG = Average Points Per Game;  PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

TOP BRACKET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region 3 # 2 - Dakota Prairie Knights (10-1),  PPG - 45.3, PPGA - 18.9

AT Region 3 # 1 - North Border Eagles (10-0), PPG - 40.8, PPGA - 17.9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region 2 # 1 - Hillsboro Burros (10-0),  PPG - 32.3, PPGA - 13.8

AT Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter Imperials (9-0),  PPG - 41.9, PPGA - 8.8 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOTTOM BRACKET

Region 6 # 2 - Central McLean Cougars (8-1),  PPG - 40.3, PPGA - 13.9

AT Region 5 # 1 - Divide County Maroons (9-0),  PPG - 42.4, PPGA - 14.4

Region 4 # 1 - St. John Woodchucks (9-0),  PPG - 53.3, PPGA - 23.6

AT Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent Wildfire (9-0),  PPG - 46.7, PPGA - 8.0

Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:17 am

ND Football Guy wrote:Saturday - October 27th (Quarterfinals)

PPG = Average Points Per Game;  PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

TOP BRACKET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region 3 # 2 - Dakota Prairie Knights (10-1),  PPG - 45.3, PPGA - 18.9

AT Region 3 # 1 - North Border Eagles (10-0), PPG - 40.8, PPGA - 17.9

Region 2 # 1 - Hillsboro Burros (10-0),  PPG - 32.3, PPGA - 13.8

AT Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter Imperials (9-0),  PPG - 41.9, PPGA - 8.8 

BOTTOM BRACKET

Region 6 # 2 - Central McLean Cougars (8-1),  PPG - 40.3, PPGA - 13.9

AT Region 5 # 1 - Divide County Maroons (9-0),  PPG - 42.4, PPGA - 14.4

Region 4 # 1 - St. John Woodchucks (9-0),  PPG - 53.3, PPGA - 23.6

AT Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent Wildfire (9-0),  PPG - 46.7, PPGA - 8.0

My picks

I'm not making a prediction for the NB/DP game  but here are the other three predictions

Hillsboro over Napoleon
Divide Count over Central McLean
Mott-Regent over St. John
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:50 am

Hey ND football guy and anyone else.  I would love to hear the theories behind why you think Central McLean can not beat Divide county.  They both look pretty equal on paper.  I haven't seen DC play but have seen Central Mclean.  The cougars are big and strong and have a great deal of depth.  They have a quick running back in Lopez and two very strong full backs in Hultberg and Lang.  I would love some feedback 

9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:52 am

Oops  I guess that post was by North Border Eagles guy, sorry.  Any input would be appreciated.  thanks
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:22 am

Well first off, you cannot compare teams on paper. Yeah, they both have size, and yeah, they both have speed. But the fact is Divide has more talent and they are looking for redemption after last years playoff game. If Central McClean is to win this game, they will need some breaks to go their way.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby justbrowsing » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:14 am

What gives DC the huge advantage is that they have been in this spot time after time after time.  Yeah, some of the CM kids were here last year, but the DC kids have been a part of or watched as elem fans this type of game almost every year of their lives.  There is no substitute for that kind of exposure...
justbrowsing

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 am

Divides seniors have been at least in the semi finals every year they have played.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:18 am

thanks!  I guess the way I look at it is that when the teams get this far there is so much "heart" and emotion involved.  I agree that teams will need to get a few "breaks" but don't both teams need that at this level?

You could also look at it this way.  Yes CM has some kids that were at this point last year, and actually made it to the big show, however, the Underwood kids have never been this far and are so close that they can taste it!  This isn't just a Turtle Lake team that Divide has to beat. 

So if one is looking at the "revenge" factor, DC is fighting a whole different group of athletes.

Sorry for the Cliche but they all (both teams) want it pretty bad.  I think it will be a very close game where each team gets a few breaks!;)
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 pm

More Talent? After Ellison and Dyuvetor they dont have very much talent. They have some hogs in the trenches but true athletic talent is even among both if not more for CMC. Dont get me wrong this is going to be a great game regardless but i dont know how you can say that DC has more talent. As far as how these teams compare on paper Dc over Williams 42-0 Cmc over Williams 38-0 DC over RT 31-22 CMC over RT 14-8.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:52 pm

What do you know, another score counter. That gets you nowhere. But as far as DC's talent, you obviously have no idea. I guess I'll just let you assume they only have two good players. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be undefeated with two good players big guy. One more thing, Lalim was hurt in the playoff game vs. CM. He is their best player. So beathing them 38-0 isn't impressive at all.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:02 pm

If you read the WC coaches' comments from the Williston newspaper this morning you would read this, 

Schaeffer, (WC's coach) insisted that this injury didn't impact what his team could do on the field, "We run the same stuff with Kellen in there as Tyler in there.  We just didn't have very good field position most of the game."

He also stated earlier in the article,"We just couldn't move the ball in the second half and our defense was on the field quite a bit...they wore us down."

I like  how he gives credit where credit is due.  He's a classy coach

9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:11 pm

Hey Nordstde, why are you so hard on people that compare scores? I understand what you are saying, that scores don't tell the whole story, but they are a useful tool to gauge the relative strength of teams.

You can't say if A beats B by 6, C beats B by 3, then A should beat C by 3. I get that. but if those three teams are that close in scores that the margin of victory is 6 or less, that tells me that the teams are pretty competitive.

So shutout wins over the same team, and wins by a touchdown or so over the same team tells you that the teams are at least competitive.

To me that says that Divide and CM are in the same ball park, at least.

Now that comes from someone in the east that hasn't seen Divide or CM, so that is where your analysis is much appreciated.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby nordstde » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:02 pm

The fact is, I shouldn't even come on here. But I love sports and I love talking sports. It just not cool that you cannot really convey what you want to say by typing. You can get your general opinion out there, but everyone takes it wrong. You can't show emotion by typing, and it's frustrating.

9-Man football mom. Of course WC's coach isn't going to say they lost because Lalim got hurt. A good coach like Schaeffer isn't going to give excuses on why his team lost. But everyone that knows anything about WC knows that they are lost without Lalim. He is the leader of that team, he makes everything go for them.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:33 pm

After Saturday's games, my picks have not changed for this round. I'm sticking with:

North Border

Hillsboro

Divide County

Mott-Regent

I don't think DP's defense can stop NB enough to beat the Eagles. These two are VERY evenly matched, but I think NB will get one more stop than the Knights.

Napoleon is a great defending champion; I just think Hillsboro's multiple weapons out of the option will give them just enough to overcome the power tandem of Gross and McCleary.

Divide sounds too solid, especially in the line. The great lines show at this time of the year.

And I think the Woodchucks finally run into a defense that is going to slow them down. I think Cinderella loses her glass slipper this week. It's been a magical season for St. John. Good for them! If I'm wrong on this one, I won't be sad.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 am

North Border
Hillsboro
Divide County
Mott-Regent
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:45 am

Point taken:  I am still sticking with my picks

Mott Regent

Central mcLean

Hillsboro

North Border
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mogvet » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:45 am

Stick with your gut feelings about who you think will win.  All you are doing anyway is making an educated guess on what these kids will bring to the field and that depends on them from day to day. 

I grew up around Crosby and went to school there up till 9th grade so I will always put Maroons over people cause that is the team I am pulling for (I will also say I was wrong when they don't win and give props to the winners)....but from what people are saying it has the potential to be a great game and I only wish I was there to see it.

There are three types of people in this world, sheep, shephards and wolves....guess what one you are?
Mogvet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd_schwab » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:54 am

dakota prairy

naoplean

divide county

mott-regant
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:04 am

Well said.  Sorry you are so far away that you can't make it. It will be a great game and I, for one, can't wait.  Take care in Missouri:D
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 am

nd_schwab wrote:dakota prairy

naoplean

divide county

mott-regant

lol out of 4 teams...you spelt one right:P nice
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Football Guy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:40 am

Mogvet wrote:Stick with your gut feelings about who you think will win.  All you are doing anyway is making an educated guess on what these kids will bring to the field and that depends on them from day to day. 

I grew up around Crosby and went to school there up till 9th grade so I will always put Maroons over people cause that is the team I am pulling for (I will also say I was wrong when they don't win and give props to the winners)....but from what people are saying it has the potential to be a great game and I only wish I was there to see it.

Mogvet, I believe that 660 KEYZ in Williston in broadcasting this Saturday's game between Divide County and Central McLean.  Normally, they also stream their game audio or "webcast" their games.  It might be worth a shot to to hear the Maroons game while in Missouri.  The link is : http://www.network1sports.com.  On Saturday, just click on "Today's game," and then select the Williston station, KEYZ or KYYZ.  It'll be a great game. 
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:50 am

BballFan1307 wrote:

naoplean

divide county

mott-regant

Bball fan - I can't resist this - you set yourself up to well.

There is no such word as SPELT.

Try spelled.....  ;)

Eye learnt to tawk n reed in Montanna, how bout u?

Just messin' with ya.......  :)
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:55 am

Hinsa wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

naoplean

divide county

mott-regant

Try spelled.....  ;)

haha hinsa...1 out of 9 words is better than 3 out of 4 :P lol
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:58 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

naoplean

divide county

mott-regant

Try spelled.....  ;)

haha hinsa...1 out of 9 words is better than 3 out of 4 :P lol

You are correct on that! Thanks for taking the humor as it was meant. ;)
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mogvet » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:32 am

ND Football Guy wrote:
Mogvet wrote:Stick with your gut feelings about who you think will win.  All you are doing anyway is making an educated guess on what these kids will bring to the field and that depends on them from day to day. 

Mogvet, I believe that 660 KEYZ in Williston in broadcasting this Saturday's game between Divide County and Central McLean.  Normally, they also stream their game audio or "webcast" their games.  It might be worth a shot to to hear the Maroons game while in Missouri.  The link is : http://www.network1sports.com.  On Saturday, just click on "Today's game," and then select the Williston station, KEYZ or KYYZ.  It'll be a great game. 

Thank you for the info and I will be listening for sure!!!!!!   Good looking out!!!!:cool:
There are three types of people in this world, sheep, shephards and wolves....guess what one you are?
Mogvet
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to 9 - Man