Dakota Prairie @ North Border

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Dakota Prairie @ North Border

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:49 am

56-51 Dakota Prairie with the win. 4 seconds left, DP ball on the 3 and Nichols runs a quarterback dive up the middle out of the shotgun for the win. Very close call. Barley got the ball accross the goal line.

Definately a battle of the two BEST quarterbacks in the state. Hands down. Nichols threw for 275 and ran for 233. 2 passing td's and 5 rushing td. Carpenter threw for 375 and ran for 98. 5 passing td's and 1 rushing td.

North Border got the first score making it 8-0. Than Dakota Prairie rang up 30 unanswered points, going up 30-8. Then North Border got two quick scores before half time making it 30-22. North Border came out and scored right after half to tie it up. The game was neck and neck all the way to the end when DP scored to make it 50 to 44, than NB scored on the next play to make it 51 to 50 with a minute 1:02 left on the clock. Two long runs by Nichols and a 40 yard pass to Seth Frederick set up the game winner.

DP: Severson had 12 carries for 170 1 td and Brodell had 6 catches for 124 1td.
NB: Chale had 8 catches for 140 3 tds and Smith 6 catches for 160 2 tds.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby AC-DC » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:59 am

Doesn't sound like it was much a ball game, more of a horse race. Do either of these teams know about Defense?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:07 pm

A wins, a win. Your right looking at the score you would wonder if they do know anything about defense. But DP came out and stopped the run, like they did agaisnt E-K. Carpenter and Tyson Taylor combined had around 150 yards. I predicted before this game if Severson runs for 150, DP will win. The reason I said this is because Wyndmere's, McKay (150 yards) and Lakota's, Johannson (391) both had big days on them. Severson had 170 and Nichols had 233. Its tough to gaurd the spread when both teams have athletic mobile quarterbacks. There is not many defenses in the state, if any, that can go a whole game with out giving up a long pass. DP has seen cover 2 defense, stright man defense, and cover 3 defense. It has stopped them from putting up points. The spread is designed to put up points. Everyone involved in this game new it was going to be a shoot out. It was last game the two played and it was this time. DP's run defense has improved drastically over the last 3 weeks. I think that really determined the game. Usually when North Border gets a lead or is going into score with little time left, they run Carpenter up the middle. DP stepped up and took that away at the end of the game. It gave them enough time to score.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 pm

terrible call at the end of the game...no way did nichols get in...but north border shouldve never let it get to that point...and actually dp shouldve put the game away in the 3rd quarter and they just couldnt do it...ive seen the lakota dp game and now the north border dp game...probably the two best games this year...it seems like dp knows how to win the ones that count
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Prime Time » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:58 pm

If it was such a terrible call then how did both the refs call him in without any hesitation--i'm sure the two refs who were standing on the goaline had the better view than you...just a thought
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:23 pm

Prime Time wrote:If it was such a terrible call then how did both the refs call him in without any hesitation--i'm sure the two refs who were standing on the goaline had the better view than you...just a thought

I was standing right on the goal line from the sidelines and had a perfect view of the play. Nichols knees were down and he hadn't extended his arm yet. When he was falling forward he extended his arm and yes it was in the endzone but after his knees were down. NB did get the short end of the stick on that call and nothing anyone says on this board will change my opinion so don't bother. We should've stopped them on the way down the field and not put our season in the opinion of a referee. Everyone makes mistakes and the ref definitely did on that play. As far as next week goes I think the result will either be a blowout win for Napoleon or Dakota Prairie will win yet another close game. I talked to Seth Nichols after the game and wished him luck next week as did many of our fans. I have the utmost respect for him, he was a very humble kid and after a 7 touchdown game didn't seem cocky or too good to talk to fans.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:39 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Prime Time wrote:If it was such a terrible call then how did both the refs call him in without any hesitation--i'm sure the two refs who were standing on the goaline had the better view than you...just a thought

I was standing right on the goal line from the sidelines and had a perfect view of the play. Nichols knees were down and he hadn't extended his arm yet. When he was falling forward he extended his arm and yes it was in the endzone but after his knees were down. NB did get the short end of the stick on that call and nothing anyone says on this board will change my opinion so don't bother. We should've stopped them on the way down the field and not put our season in the opinion of a referee. Everyone makes mistakes and the ref definitely did on that play. As far as next week goes I think the result will either be a blowout win for Napoleon or Dakota Prairie will win yet another close game. I talked to Seth Nichols after the game and wished him luck next week as did many of our fans. I have the utmost respect for him, he was a very humble kid and after a 7 touchdown game didn't seem cocky or too good to talk to fans.

Ok heres the thing, all he North Border fans are going to say he didn't get in, and all the DP fans are going to say he was in. The NB fans will say the ref's blew the call and the DP fans will say they called it right away. The fact of the matter is, the ref's both called it right away, their was no hesitation, no conference after the play. It was a straight up touchdown in their point of view. The referee's are out their to make the calls, and thats the call they made. Both teams played their hearts out, gave it their all. DP should of put it away when they went up 30-8 and NB shouldn't have let DP drive 80+ yards with a minute left.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:31 pm

I have been thinking about this game for two days and what my thoughts are.

I did pick Dakota Prairie to win but in order to do so, I thought they would have to limit turnovers and penalties. Which they did not do.

So my final thought is the Dakota Prairie is way more talented than North Border. Not only did they have at least one touchdown called back but they had to gain 15- 20- 25 to get first downs because of stupid penalties. and they still got those yards back, the few times North border stopped them it was because Dakota Prairie shot themselves in the foot, not becuse North Border out played them. Plus they found themselves out of position on defense again, No way do you let someone get behind you that late in the game. Plus whenever Dakota Prairie found themselves with the advantage there would be a questionable call by the staff like thowing the ball the next play after an interception thus giving the ball and momentum right back to North Border.

After all those things that Dakota Prairie had to over come they still came out on top and beat North Border which tells me that Dakota Prairie has much better football players than North Border. Maybe not a better team, or a better coach, but better talent overall.

hey thats the way Dakota Pairie as been all year they obviously have heart, a will to win, and trust in their coach, their system and each other.

Congratulations to the Dakota Prairie Knights and good luck on Saturday.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ladyballer11 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:47 pm

if people are going to complain about the call at the end they should complain about the calls made throughout the WHOLE game! DP was pushed back numerous times and managed to fight back and come away with a victory, showing that they were the better team. Also, i thought it was very interesting how every time coach carpenter needed a timeout one of his players would "get hurt" and lay on the ground until the referees called the timeout for him...just food for thought
ladyballer11

Postby G » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:27 pm

ladyballer11 wrote:if people are going to complain about the call at the end they should complain about the calls made throughout the WHOLE game! DP was pushed back numerous times and managed to fight back and come away with a victory, showing that they were the better team. Also, i thought it was very interesting how every time coach carpenter needed a timeout one of his players would "get hurt" and lay on the ground until the referees called the timeout for him...just food for thought

That happened twice...and it wasnt because he needed a time out it was because dustyn chale bruised a muscle in his leg which limited him from playing defense the rest of the game...which changed the game alot because on the next drive brodell who was being guarded by chale burned the sub who was in for chale and scored...and the other time max johnson hurt his shoulder and had to come out for two plays on the final drive...and neither time did carpenter come on to the field to talk to his team...so just know what your saying before you say it
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby G » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:29 pm

and i also wanna say that nichols is one of the most if not the most athletic football player i have ever seen...the way he would get his team out of holes they dug themselves into was amazing to watch
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers 4 life » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:31 pm

I spose nichols laying down isn't wasting time...well you are told to go down if you are hurt so the trainer can look at you...btw i would love to see a lady baller getting hit on a football field and jump up just like that...neways congrats to dp hopefully nichols didn't bust his balls
packers 4 life

Postby G » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:34 pm

packers 4 life wrote:I spose nichols laying down isn't wasting time...well you are told to go down if you are hurt so the trainer can look at you...btw i would love to see a lady baller getting hit on a football field and jump up just like that...neways congrats to dp hopefully nichols didn't bust his balls

haha...ya i dont know if hes gonna be able to have kids after that one
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Prime Time » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 pm

G wrote:
ladyballer11 wrote:if people are going to complain about the call at the end they should complain about the calls made throughout the WHOLE game! DP was pushed back numerous times and managed to fight back and come away with a victory, showing that they were the better team. Also, i thought it was very interesting how every time coach carpenter needed a timeout one of his players would "get hurt" and lay on the ground until the referees called the timeout for him...just food for thought

That happened twice...and it wasnt because he needed a time out it was because dustyn chale bruised a muscle in his leg which limited him from playing defense the rest of the game...which changed the game alot because on the next drive brodell who was being guarded by chale burned the sub who was in for chale and scored...and the other time max johnson hurt his shoulder and had to come out for two plays on the final drive...and neither time did carpenter come on to the field to talk to his team...so just know what your saying before you say it

before one of chale's td's he was limping all the way to the line, but was able to run the route and jump up and chest bump people after the touchdown...pretty amazing barely being able to walk but still able to jump up and down and celebrate
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hithardalltime » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:54 pm

i agree with Prime Time, when ur hurt u don't celebrate like he was! yes, when ur happy ur adrenaline kicks in, but then u don't play if u can't walk!
hithardalltime

Postby pilot89 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:19 pm

hithardalltime wrote:i agree with Prime Time, when ur hurt u don't celebrate like he was! yes, when ur happy ur adrenaline kicks in, but then u don't play if u can't walk!

Chale hurt his ankel and still continued to play most of the game. He could walk therefore he played, and burned any defender that was on him and still scored 3 tds. He just that good.
pilot89

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:11 am

pilot89 wrote:
hithardalltime wrote:i agree with Prime Time, when ur hurt u don't celebrate like he was! yes, when ur happy ur adrenaline kicks in, but then u don't play if u can't walk!

Chale hurt his ankel and still continued to play most of the game. He could walk therefore he played, and burned any defender that was on him and still scored 3 tds. He just that good.

Than why, after the game, was the trainer icing his left thigh? I talked to him and the trainer and they said it was a deep thigh bruise.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:02 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
pilot89 wrote:

Than why, after the game, was the trainer icing his left thigh? I talked to him and the trainer and they said it was a deep thigh bruise.

it was a deep thigh bruise, and that kid only played offense after the injury so he had enough in him to go out and play, and he never burned anyone, after he got hurt he lost his speed, all of his touchdowns were catches that he needed to use his hands more than anything, after the injury that kid used all athletisism to get open and catch balls...and him not being on the field on defense really hurt nb...smart coaching on dps part to pick on the sub...i wish u could challenge in highschool football cuz i think that game would have changed drastically...not only the last call but for many other questionable calls during the game
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:05 pm

G wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
pilot89 wrote:

it was a deep thigh bruise, and that kid only played offense after the injury so he had enough in him to go out and play, and he never burned anyone, after he got hurt he lost his speed, all of his touchdowns were catches that he needed to use his hands more than anything, after the injury that kid used all athletisism to get open and catch balls...and him not being on the field on defense really hurt nb...smart coaching on dps part to pick on the sub...i wish u could challenge in highschool football cuz i think that game would have changed drastically...not only the last call but for many other questionable calls during the game

What other calls were questionable during the game?? I don't remember any other plays being questionable.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby nordstde » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:09 pm

I don't know much about the East side of the state. But it really sounds like you guys need to let this game go. It's over, DP won, move on.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby G » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:13 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
G wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
pilot89 wrote:

What other calls were questionable during the game?? I don't remember any other plays being questionable.

when smith got tripped up on one of his routes that would have gone for a td...when dp got called for pass interference on one of nbs pats...a couple block in the back calls...theres always calls that are questionable but either way someones going to disagree
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:15 pm

G wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
G wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
pilot89 wrote:

when smith got tripped up on one of his routes that would have gone for a td...when dp got called for pass interference on one of nbs pats...a couple block in the back calls...theres always calls that are questionable but either way someones going to disagree

Ohh... I thought u ment like there were close plays, like the ref's spotted the ball wrong or marked a person out of bounds in the the wrong spot.

I agree, in every game there is some questionable calls like you say.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:57 pm

I agree. IT was amazing to see some of the plays he made. Jumping tacklers and continuing on to 20 yard gains......rediculous.

G wrote:and i also wanna say that nichols is one of the most if not the most athletic football player i have ever seen...the way he would get his team out of holes they dug themselves into was amazing to watch
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:27 pm

This isnt going to change anything, but i just got done watching the tape with 3 other gentlemen and all saw the same thing. He got into the endzone on his second effort with one knee down. North Border should of won this game. Its to bad that a game of that magnitude had to come down to one blown call. After saying all that i believe neither North Border or DP has much of a chance against Napoleon.
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:27 pm

Wow, just because he's hurt doesn't mean he can't celebrate after two touchdowns within 4 minutes of the game to bring his team back into it. I hung out with most of the players after the game and chale could barely walk around his own house. His cousin had to help him get around his house for most of the night because his leg hurt that bad. Maybe you should know what you're talking about before you start talking smack about people. A person can do a lot based on adrenaline during a game like that. He wasn't faking his injury by any means.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man