Dakota Prairie @ North Border

The teams in 9 Man

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm

There are ACT tests saturday so teams with players taking the tests are at 3 pm

North Border ---- Dakota Prairie 3pm saturday @ pembina
toughregion2

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 am

toughregion2 wrote:There are ACT tests saturday so teams with players taking the tests are at 3 pm

North Border ---- Dakota Prairie 3pm saturday @ pembina

Kind of a random question, but whose field is better out of the two North Border fields?  Walhalla or Pembina??  I have been to the Walhalla one twice. 

Is it both teams that have players going to take ACT's?? Its odd that ACT's are only affecting this game and not any of the others.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby plantefan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 am

ACTs have been on the date of first round play-offs the last two years.  Most people just skip that date and do the date during December.  This is the first time I've seen it affect the game directly
plantefan

Postby sports911 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:06 am

Pembina's field is better because Carpenter keeps it up better and also Walhalla's field has many gopher holes and other things in it, but nothing they can do about that. Pembina's field is also flat all the way..
sports911

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:42 am

Pembina's field puts Walhallas field to shame.  They just got new lights put in this year and the field is kept up very nicely by Carpenter. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pilot89 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:47 am

Walhalla's field actually isnt that bad.  It is actually a pretty nice field, its just that there is no water supply like there is in Pembina to keep it as green as Pembinas.  Both Pembina and Walhalla got new lights, because Walhalla needed new ones due to them burning last year.  I dont know why Pembina got new lights.
pilot89

Postby BAS_10 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 am

NB will win by a couple of touchdowns

BAS_10

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:51 am

We got new lights because the lights in Pembina was about the equivalent of lighting a bunch of candles and setting them up around the field.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lloyd christmas » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:56 am

who cares about the lights....talk about the game!!
lloyd christmas

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:19 pm

yes the game is at 3pm so lighting shouldnt be a factor haha

toughregion2

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:39 pm

Back to the game......

This should be a very entertaining game.  Both teams like to spread it out and get up and down the field.  The weather is supposed to be in the 40's.  The last game these two teams played NB came out on top by 2.  It was a very good game and DP is going to come in looking for revenge.   I have seen that North Border has struggled to stop the run in its last couple games.  McKay for Wyndmere had 150 on them and we all know about Johannson's game (395) against them.  Dakota Prairie struggled most of the year to stop the run, but when Edgeley-Kulm came to McVille it was a different story.  They came in averaging 300+ on the ground and left rushing for under 100.  But I dont know how much the rush defense will effect the game.  Both teams like to pass.  I think it will come down to who ever has the ball in the end and limits the turnovers.  I am going with DP 42 NB 38.  I feel that DP has a revenge factor and playing on a lot of momentum coming into this game after winning two games in the playoffs already.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Brett Favre » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 pm

I think this is gonna be one of those classic back and forth playoff games.  Whoever has the ball last will most likely be the one to win it.  I think for the most part you can throw out the fact that North Border  hasn't been able to stop the run.  and the fact that DP has stopped the run the last few games.  North Border and Dakota Prairie definetly do not have a typical 9 man running game.  Both teams will try to spread you out to the mass, and then run it up the middle on you.  I also don't think you can look much at the revenge factor...because North Border honestly knows they were badly outplayed in the first matchup and were lucky to win.  This will definetely be a great game to watch, and i hope to see a huge,  and energetic crowd in Pembina.  I won't make any predictions, but I will say that I am cheering for North Border.
Brett Favre

Postby DCFAN#55 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:10 pm

i think that the game will come down to Special Teams also..... which i think NB has a great advantage.... and Carpenter has only thrown 2 pics the whole season for turnovers... and they havent fumbled much... so i'll take NB in this matchup
DCFAN#55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Prime Time » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:01 am

It seems that DP is the underdog once again this week. i saw that in the first round when they played richland that was the most likely chance for an upset but dp came out with a win. the second round everyone was picking E-K to run up and down on the DP defense but DP came out with the win. But even after the last 2 games DP is still the underdog by a wide margin it looks like
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lloyd christmas » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:03 am

yeah DP is pretty much the underdog in every game in the playoffs..... no1 thinks they can win the big game
lloyd christmas

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:23 am

Prime Time wrote:It seems that DP is the underdog once again this week. i saw that in the first round when they played richland that was the most likely chance for an upset but dp came out with a win. the second round everyone was picking E-K to run up and down on the DP defense but DP came out with the win. But even after the last 2 games DP is still the underdog by a wide margin it looks like

I wouldnt say they are a underdog by a wide margin in this game.  North Border is working very hard this week and taking this game very seriously.  They know what they are infor and know they will have to play a almost mistake free game to win this one. 
toughregion2

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:59 am

toughregion2 wrote:
Prime Time wrote:It seems that DP is the underdog once again this week. i saw that in the first round when they played richland that was the most likely chance for an upset but dp came out with a win. the second round everyone was picking E-K to run up and down on the DP defense but DP came out with the win. But even after the last 2 games DP is still the underdog by a wide margin it looks like

I wouldnt say they are a underdog by a wide margin in this game.  North Border is working very hard this week and taking this game very seriously.  They know what they are infor and know they will have to play a almost mistake free game to win this one. 

I am sure that Dakota Prairie is working very hard too.  Both teams are going to have to play mistake free football.  Its going to be a good one.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:48 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:

I am sure that Dakota Prairie is working very hard too.  Both teams are going to have to play mistake free football.  Its going to be a good one.
im not sure if dp can play a mistake free game...ive never yet seen them do it...but for north border they cant expect dp to make mistakes because they will start playing lousy football
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:29 pm

I don't really think there is a favorite or underdog in this game.  The same goes for Hillsboro and Napoleon, these two games are featuring teams with exactly same styles of football going at each other.  NB beat DP earlier this year sure, but that was the second game of the year and a lot of things have changed since then.  Players that weren't a factor in that game are now stepping up for both teams and the teams now don't have an exscuse about playing with early season jitters.  I am predicting the winner of this game to hang on within 6 points at the very most.  It will be intersting next week to see how the styles clash with arguably one of the two best power running teams in the state against one of the two best passing teams playing each other.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MR.. T » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 pm

i see dakota prairie kicking north border honestly...Dp can play mistake free football and even if they dont they can play hard enough to over come those mistakes i see dp taking this one by at least a touchdown
MR.. T

Re:

Postby tommykramer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:55 pm

[quote="Brett Favre"]I think this is gonna be one of those classic back and forth playoff games.  Whoever has the ball last will most likely be the one to win it.  I think for the most part you can throw out the fact that North Border  hasn't been able to stop the run.  and the fact that DP has stopped the run the last few games. 

Enriquez from Richland had over 230 rushing yards against DP.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:25 pm

MR.. T wrote:i see dakota prairie kicking north border honestly...Dp can play mistake free football and even if they dont they can play hard enough to over come those mistakes i see dp taking this one by at least a touchdown

9 FUMBLES!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Re:

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:31 pm

tommykramer wrote:
Brett Favre wrote:I think this is gonna be one of those classic back and forth playoff games.  Whoever has the ball last will most likely be the one to win it.  I think for the most part you can throw out the fact that North Border  hasn't been able to stop the run.  and the fact that DP has stopped the run the last few games. 

Enriquez from Richland had over 230 rushing yards against DP.

Against E-K who was supposed to be an unstoppable running team, they stepped up and held them to under 100 yards rushing as a team. E-K averaged like 300 yards rushing coming into the game. They switched some things up after Enriquez ran for 230 yards against DP. There were coaches from the Region 1 at the game that said they haven't seen E-K be contained like this all year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re: Dakota Prairie @ North Border

Postby champs0607 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:44 pm

this is definetly gonna be a good game between these two offensive powers. ic the eagles winning 43-38 and carpenter will probably have at least 2 passing tds and probably a rushing 1 or 2
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby UND KID » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:33 am

Hinsa wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:What schools make up Dakota Prairie?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but DP consists of McVille, Aneta, Michigan, Petersburg, Niagra, Tolna, and maybe a few other smaller communities in that area like Kloten and Pekin.[/quot

How about Pelto, 5 west of Whitman and I north

UND KID
UND KID

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man