Dakota Prairie @ North Border

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:32 am

Rematch Dakota Prairie has been waiting for since the heart breaker they lost earlier in the season.  What's everyones thoughts on this one?  Battle of arguably the two best quarterbacks in 9-man.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:21 am

Region 2 fan wrote:Rematch Dakota Prairie has been waiting for since the heart breaker they lost earlier in the season.  What's everyones thoughts on this one?  Battle of arguably the two best quarterbacks in 9-man.

No it's not a battle of arguably the two best quarterbacks in 9-man.  It's a battle of the two best quarterbacks in 9-man, there is no argument.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby G » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:44 am

i think its gonna be a shootout...two high powered offenses and two not so dominant defenses
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:11 am

Whichever one of these two can figure out how to play some defense against a quality offense will win. DP seems to have more trouble with stopping teams, so I'd give the edge to NB.

Plus NB has home field. Plus it seems like DP isn't taking very good care of the ball. What was it, 9 fumbles against EK? How did they ever win that game fumbling 9 times????

NB stays undefeated.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:33 am

Hinsa wrote:Whichever one of these two can figure out how to play some defense against a quality offense will win. DP seems to have more trouble with stopping teams, so I'd give the edge to NB.

Plus NB has home field. Plus it seems like DP isn't taking very good care of the ball. What was it, 9 fumbles against EK? How did they ever win that game fumbling 9 times????

NB stays undefeated.

DP's defense stepped up in the E-K game.  Held E-K  to way under a 100 yards rushing.  E-K was supposed to be an unstoppable running team.  One of E-K's scores came on a fumble recovery.  One came on the first series of the game was a 39 yarder by Kosel.  The next was the fumble return. The next was pass to Feist.  He made a couple tacklers miss. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportfan4life » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am

i think this game could be more high scoring than the nb/lakota game. could be a long day in pembina.
sportfan4life

Postby sports911 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:10 pm

I dont think it will be a long game...Carpenter and Nickels will just have to step up the passing game.  I think that they will work on stopping the running game and thats pretty much it. Unless one of the coaches is going to look at it in a different direction. We will have to see. Many people from all over the reagion are going to travel to this game.  It will be a great game to watch and play for sure!
sports911

Postby Texas » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:58 am

sports911 wrote:I dont think it will be a long game...Carpenter and Nickels will just have to step up the passing game.  I think that they will work on stopping the running game and thats pretty much it. Unless one of the coaches is going to look at it in a different direction. We will have to see. Many people from all over the reagion are going to travel to this game.  It will be a great game to watch and play for sure!

Ya this is going to be a great game but im going with Nichols on this one and I think severson is going to get the ball alot and make some big plays i just think Dp has to much offense but if they turn over the ball like what they did against E K but i think they will be more careful with the ball so im going to take DP 38 to 30
Texas

Postby auburnfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:22 am

NB by a touchdown
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:57 am

auburnfan wrote:NB by a touchdown

Im going to have to go with DP on this one.  After watching NB play Saturday they have trouble with a mobile QP which DP has.  North Border will have to really tighten up there defense to pull this one off.  I would have to say NB will have to win the Turnover battle to pull this one off.  I have to say also NB is lucky to be playing this week.  The turning point in my mind is when NB lined up to attempt about a 43 yrd field goal.  WL lined up for the block and never played the fake.  In my mind let them kick it if he makes it he makes it, instead carpenter took 2 steps back tossed it 30 yards to the corner of the end zone where Smith brought it in.  BIG MISTAKE ON WL END. 
toughregion2

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 am

What schools make up Dakota Prairie?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 am

toughregion2 wrote:

Im going to have to go with DP on this one.  After watching NB play Saturday they have trouble with a mobile QP which DP has.  North Border will have to really tighten up there defense to pull this one off.  I would have to say NB will have to win the Turnover battle to pull this one off.  I have to say also NB is lucky to be playing this week.  The turning point in my mind is when NB lined up to attempt about a 43 yrd field goal.  WL lined up for the block and never played the fake.  In my mind let them kick it if he makes it he makes it, instead carpenter took 2 steps back tossed it 30 yards to the corner of the end zone where Smith brought it in.  BIG MISTAKE ON WL END. 

At this point of the season every team needs to get lucky.  I would say Dakota Prairie is lucky to be playing after fumbling the ball NINE TIMES and still winning by four points too.  WL also had a trick play in the game as well with the flea flicker so they had some luck going there way as well.  It was a great game to watch.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:04 am

9manfootballmom wrote:What schools make up Dakota Prairie?

I don't know all of the schools but I know McVille and Michigan are two of the schools involved.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:12 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:

At this point of the season every team needs to get lucky.  I would say Dakota Prairie is lucky to be playing after fumbling the ball NINE TIMES and still winning by four points too.  WL also had a trick play in the game as well with the flea flicker so they had some luck going there way as well.  It was a great game to watch.
I would have to disagree with you on that one.  A flea flicker and a 43-44 yard field goal attmept are not on the same playing field.  The chances of a high school kid making a field goal of that length are slim to none. Yes we all know carpenter kicked a 41 yarder in the alerus and just cleared the crossbar, but lakota did the smart thing and played for the fake.  If W-L holds NB on that play BIG BIG MOMENTUM SWING.  They (w-l) miss the flea flicker not as big of deal.  I also have to say North Border better come out with a little more emotion than they did on saturday.  They looked as if they were just going through the motions in the first half.  They do that this saturday they will be down big and early. 
toughregion2

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:55 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but DP consists of McVille, Aneta, Michigan, Petersburg, Niagra, Tolna, and maybe a few other smaller communities in that area like Kloten and Pekin.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 am

Dakota Prarie 46-30

Dakota Prairie has started games poorly against almost everybody.  My belief is they will be ready and get a lead and maintain it this time.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby lloyd christmas » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 am

this is going to be a good game.....will dp avenge their only loss??
lloyd christmas

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:29 am

Hinsa wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but DP consists of McVille, Aneta, Michigan, Petersburg, Niagra, Tolna, and maybe a few other smaller communities in that area like Kloten and Pekin.

You are correct, except you forgot Dahlen, Mapes, and Hamar.

Basicly every town in Nelson county except Lakota,

It is actually pretty amazing that a county of less than 1400 people can produce two of the top football teams in the state.

Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby EagleFan#5 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:31 pm

This is going to be one for the record books. By looking at my name you can already tell who I am going to favor but I was at the first meeting of these two teams and the way DP walked away from that game and some of the posts their fans have made tell me they're out for blood. I do feel the Eagles need to play a better game than they did Saturday. However nobody should Discredit W-L they are a heck of a ball club and my hats off to them on a great season. I am going to throw a prediction of NB by a TD.. Maybe a field goal! :cool:
EagleFan#5

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Hinsa wrote:

But Dakota Prairie is only one school.  Used to be McVille, Aneta, Michigan, Tolna, and Petersburg all had schools, but they consolidated into one school.  The HS is in Petersburg and the grade school in McVille.  All games are played in McVille.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby DCFAN#55 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:24 am

i think this matchup will be a great game to play in and a great game to watch..... this is a tough matchup but i think NB has the edge and will come out on top by a touchdown or a field goal..... or maybe even a couple extra points
DCFAN#55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EagleFan#5 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Has anyone heard what time this game is being played?.....
EagleFan#5

Postby rep » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:44 pm

EagleFan#5 wrote:Has anyone heard what time this game is being played?.....

3 p.m.
rep

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:45 pm

I'm pretty sure all playoff games in all 4 classes throughout the state are scheduled to start at 1:30
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizzfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Wombat wrote:I'm pretty sure all playoff games in all 4 classes throughout the state are scheduled to start at 1:30

No . . . some games are starting at later times
grizzfan

Next

Return to 9 - Man