Mott-Regent vs. St. John

The teams in 9 Man

Postby grizzfan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Well I guess St. John continues to suprise us all . . . they have gone from back to back 2 or 3 win seasons to all of the sudden playing the #2 team in the state in a quarter-final playoff game . . . plus they have run the table up to this point (9-0 I think)

They must have started taking their flinstone vitamins or something because they have been playing some good football.

Does anybody know if they have done the coin flip yet and if so then where is the game being played?

Not that it will really matter . . . Im pretty sure the Woodchucks will have there season come to an end next saturday, however if the game is in St. John then i will give them a much better chance of keeping it close.
grizzfan

Postby Kansasfan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:20 pm

Yeah Mott-Regent is a great football team but I wouldn't count out St.John just yet.  I was at the game today and they played great.  I mean look pretty much everyone thought that they would most likely lose today but instead they end up blowing the bombers out 53-6.  I am not saying St.John is going to win, but just don't count them out, there could be a suprise in this game.
Kansasfan

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:02 pm

grizzfan wrote:Well I guess St. John continues to suprise us all . . . they have gone from back to back 2 or 3 win seasons to all of the sudden playing the #2 team in the state in a quarter-final playoff game . . . plus they have run the table up to this point (9-0 I think)

They must have started taking their flinstone vitamins or something because they have been playing some good football.

Does anybody know if they have done the coin flip yet and if so then where is the game being played?

Not that it will really matter . . . Im pretty sure the Woodchucks will have there season come to an end next saturday, however if the game is in St. John then i will give them a much better chance of keeping it close.

There's no coin flip. If both teams are from odd or even regions, as is the case with St John (region 4) and Mott-Regent (region 6) then the bottom team in the bracket gets home field. Game is at MR.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby KennyG » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am

Kansasfan wrote:Yeah Mott-Regent is a great football team but I wouldn't count out St.John just yet.  I was at the game today and they played great.  I mean look pretty much everyone thought that they would most likely lose today but instead they end up blowing the bombers out 53-6.  I am not saying St.John is going to win, but just don't count them out, there could be a suprise in this game.

Who thought this?  I doubt there were many that were expecting St. John to lose.
KennyG

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:41 pm

St. John Woodchucks

2007 : 9-0

2006 : 2-6

2005 : 0-8

Beware of the Woodchuck.  Congrats to these kids for a great turnaround.  I've said it before on another post on here, but they really do have as many offensive threats as ANY team in the state.  They had over 600 yards of offense vs. Berthold-Our Redeemer's-North Shore, including 500 yards on the ground. 
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 pm

woodchuck de muerte
rep

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 am

Mott 62-28

Mott gets to play their offense for just about 4 quarters because St. Johns will score some.  That is the reason they get to 60+

Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizzfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:40 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:St. John Woodchucks

2007 : 9-0

2006 : 2-6

2005 : 0-8

Beware of the Woodchuck.  Congrats to these kids for a great turnaround.  I've said it before on another post on here, but they really do have as many offensive threats as ANY team in the state.  They had over 600 yards of offense vs. Berthold-Our Redeemer's-North Shore, including 500 yards on the ground. 

How does St. John utilize all of these weapons . . . do they spread the defense out? do they overpower teams? do they overwhelm teams with their speed?

ND Football Guy could you help us out?
grizzfan

Postby 3nout » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 am

They utilize all weapons. They have got some major speed. They spread you out a bit and try to hit Davis with a big pass. If that doesn't work, they will run the ball right at you. If that doesn't work, they will run the option, and open it up. They work a bit like novacane. Like I said they are fast, and Perisian is a threat to throw, and run. He's not as speedy as some of his teammates, but once he gets in the open field, his long strides are hard to catch.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:26 am

I'd agree with 3nout.  Very fast.  Speed.  Speed.  And more speed.  Cobretti Parisien, Mitch Laducer, Josh Davis, Jade Davis, Rick Slater.  All are dangerous, big play type of athletes.  In the newspaper boxscores ... I counted Cobretti Parisien with 16 touchdown throws covering some big yardage (TD throws of 61, 60, 59, 45, 40, 38, 35, 35, 24, 18, 13, 9, 7, 6, 5, and 4 yds.)  16 total passing TD's.  Mott-Regent can't give up the big play against them.  Nine of his TD passes were 24 yards or more.  And these stats don't include the Adams-Edmore-Edinburg game, I couldn't find a boxscore on that game, (A game they won, 48-30).  The Woodchucks are my Cinderella pick so I guess that's all I'll say.  Ha.  Should be a great game, best of luck to both teams.

Last edited by ND Football Guy on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hunterlaf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:57 am

St.John 53 MR46 that will be the ending score.
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizzfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:03 am

Hunterlaf wrote:St.John 53 MR46 that will be the ending score.

doubtful . . . there are not many shootouts in the playoffs . . . somebody is gonna make at least one defensive stop
grizzfan

Postby vikes705 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:21 pm

i say the cinderella team will be stopped 28-21
vikes705

Postby Pfenix » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:52 pm

I say M/R wins by at least three touchdowns.  St. John hasn't played a team like M/R this year, and I can't see the wildfire defense giving up that many points.  Both teams are incredibly quick, and speed kills in 9-man football.  But I think M/R is more physical and explosive.  Definitely one to see this weekend.
Last edited by Pfenix on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Pfenix wrote:I say M/R wins by at least three touchdowns.  St. John hasn't played a team like M/R this year, and I can't see the wildfire defense giving up that many points.  Both teams are incredibly quick, and speed kills in 9-man football.  But I think M/R is more physical and explosive.  Definitely one to see this weekend.

I agree, St. John matches up better w/ last year's M-R team. This year's team has the speed and the strength and like it was said before, St. john hasn' t played  a team like M-R this year.

Mott-Regent 52, St. John 28

If St. John wins, then I'll be rooting for them to win state.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rook » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:17 pm

i believe st johns cinderella story is coming to an end this saturday, i dont believe they will beat mott or even get close, at least 2 touchdowns at the lowest

rook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby blue steel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:44 pm

rook wrote:i believe st johns cinderella story is coming to an end this saturday, i dont believe they will beat mott or even get close, at least 2 touchdowns at the lowest

That was fairly reduntant
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby rook » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:51 pm

i wasnt tryin to be mean, i was just sayin what i think will happen, it is just a guess, i could and prolly will be completely wrong, but thats wat this is all about
rook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizzfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:59 pm

rook wrote:i wasnt tryin to be mean, i was just sayin what i think will happen, it is just a guess, i could and prolly will be completely wrong, but thats wat this is all about

Thats not what redundant means.:headsmack:
grizzfan

Postby rook » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:38 pm

ya i know, it means that u reused or to reuse, i was just tellin everyone i wasnt tryin to be mean
rook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:44 pm

Does anyone know if St. John head coach Cory Davis is related to the two Davis players (Josh and Jade) on his team?   Just curious. 
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gtowngamers » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:52 pm

I think he just looked up redundant after you said that:D... Its cool to see St. John go from a fourth place team in a six team region to runnning the table. I'm wondering did they get any new players in from other schools or is this just a huge turn around? Last year they didn't really have any big studs on either side of the ball and struggled to move the ball when i watched, not the case this season. Someone enlighten me...
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:09 pm

rook wrote:i wasnt tryin to be mean, i was just sayin what i think will happen, it is just a guess, i could and prolly will be completely wrong, but thats wat this is all about

Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Redskins377 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:01 am

ND Football Guy wrote:Does anyone know if St. John head coach Cory Davis is related to the two Davis players (Josh and Jade) on his team?   Just curious.

No they are not related
Redskins377

Postby Brady Langan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:13 am

No Cory Davis is not related to Jash and Jade. Jash and Jade are related though.
Brady Langan

Next

Return to 9 - Man