Hillsboro @ Napolean

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Ocho Siete » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:12 pm

Third straight year, Hillsboro vs Napolean playoff game.  As we all know, Napolean came out on top both years, but both games were relatively close.

Where do ya see this one going?  I think 3rd times a charm, and Hillsboro comes out on top...I feel like they're going into this game with a score to settle.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:20 pm

I think Hillsboro breaks through this year. It won't be easy and they need to overcome home field for Napoleon, but I think the Burros do it this year.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sports guy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Where and WHat time is this game
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Saturday, October 27 in Napoleon. I would assume at 1:30
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The stokker » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:35 am

I think a Grothman Mcleary hit would be pretty sweet to see. I will take Hillsboro in a tight one
The stokker

Postby adriana » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm going with Hillsboro. It'll be a close, edge-of-your-seat game, but i think the Burros are going to pull this one off. Three times the charm...for sure.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:29 pm

adriana wrote:I'm going with Hillsboro. It'll be a close, edge-of-your-seat game, but i think the Burros are going to pull this one off. Three times the charm...for sure.

1) I agree completely...it's gonna be an awesome game, and I wish I could go :X

2) You lose the creative name award :P
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Ocho Siete wrote:
adriana wrote:I'm going with Hillsboro. It'll be a close, edge-of-your-seat game, but i think the Burros are going to pull this one off. Three times the charm...for sure.

1) I agree completely...it's gonna be an awesome game, and I wish I could go :X

2) You lose the creative name award :P

Well i tried haha

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby dogg » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:02 am

This will be a great game. Hillsboro is my pic. Does anyone know the radio station(s) that will be covering this game??
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BlackSox » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:56 am

Hillsboro--by a touchdown or a little more shes right it will be a very close, intense game...gotta be there! and yeah--third times a charm!
BlackSox

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:28 am

Napoleon 26-12

Hillsboro has been able to physically enforce their will with teams so far but Napoleon is equal if not better in that regard.  I think that McCleary will win the one on one with Grothman and Napoleon prevails pulling away in the second half.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:44 am

Maniaconthefloor wrote:Napoleon 26-12

Hillsboro has been able to physically enforce their will with teams so far but Napoleon is equal if not better in that regard.  I think that McCleary will win the one on one with Grothman and Napoleon prevails pulling away in the second half.

I dont think so...even if Napolean is able to pull away in the 2nd half...it wont be by 14 points...no way.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizzfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:03 pm

It could be by 14 points you never know . . . . . if you give a good team like them a few cheap points off of turnovers it could happen
grizzfan

Postby vikes705 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:32 pm

this should be a very good game! i wish i could be there to see the grothman/mccleary match up. 

the way i see it, napoleon has a few advantages. first, its a home game.  not only do they have the advantage of playing on their own field, the burros will have to sit on a bus for a while, which doesn't help their playing.  Hillsboro has one of the season's star players, grothman, but napoleon has two: gross and mccleary.  despite these advantages, i think hillsboro will come out on top, but it won't be easy.  they are both great teams, but its hard to beat a great team three times in a row.

each team also has recently lost a key player due to injuries; laber for napoleon and smelden for the burros.  both teams have pulled through despite this setback
vikes705

Postby bigtuna21 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 pm

i say hillsboro by tem or less and grothman will run for about 150-200 yards with a couple of scores
bigtuna21

Postby web17 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:14 pm

this game will be a thriller. all the way down to the wire. i personally hopes hillsboro wins. but, im gonna go with Napolean, just for the simple fact, that they were able to get it done two years in a row, and have a sort of intimadation factor toward Hillsboro.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigtuna21 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 pm

bigtuna21 wrote:i say hillsboro by tem or less and grothman will run for about 150-200 yards with a couple of scores

Get outta here!

:P
bigtuna21

Postby nicholi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:11 pm

Im gonna say Hillsburro in a close one, only because Napoleon lost Laber, when earlier games were on the line (that I saw anyways) they put gross on the sideline and put mcleary at half and laber at full. I definitely think that this game is going to be close though
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wombat » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:48 pm

vikes705 wrote:this should be a very good game! i wish i could be there to see the grothman/mccleary match up. 

the way i see it, napoleon has a few advantages. first, its a home game.  not only do they have the advantage of playing on their own field, the burros will have to sit on a bus for a while, which doesn't help their playing.  Hillsboro has one of the season's star players, grothman, but napoleon has two: gross and mccleary.  despite these advantages, i think hillsboro will come out on top, but it won't be easy.  they are both great teams, but its hard to beat a great team three times in a row.

each team also has recently lost a key player due to injuries; laber for napoleon and smelden for the burros.  both teams have pulled through despite this setback
Doesn't Hillsboro have about 3 kids who are averaging 100 yds a game or close to it? They are not a one man team but Grothman is definately their horse.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:20 am

I will take Hillsboro in a tight one.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby plantefan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:48 am

I wouldn't say that Hillsboro is intimidated by Napoleon.  Two years ago these kids were freshman and sophmores who played their butts off as a 3-7 team and gave Napoleon a very tough game.  Last year was one of the toughest games that Napoleon had (as told to me by several of Napoleon's best players).  Now in both of those games Napoleon did not get lucky, they clearly outplayed the Burros, but to say that there is an intimidation factor is crap.  The factor that was the difference both years was talent, not intimidation.  This year the talent gap has closed, I'll take the Burros by 8.
plantefan

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:08 am

Wombat wrote:
vikes705 wrote:this should be a very good game! i wish i could be there to see the grothman/mccleary match up. 

Doesn't Hillsboro have about 3 kids who are averaging 100 yds a game or close to it? They are not a one man team but Grothman is definately their horse.

Hillsboro has had 3 guys over 100 yards in about half their games this year. They spread the ball around and take what the defense gives.

But you are correct, Grothmann is the horse that everyone keys on.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 am

plantefan wrote:I wouldn't say that Hillsboro is intimidated by Napoleon.  Two years ago these kids were freshman and sophmores who played their butts off as a 3-7 team and gave Napoleon a very tough game.  Last year was one of the toughest games that Napoleon had (as told to me by several of Napoleon's best players).  Now in both of those games Napoleon did not get lucky, they clearly outplayed the Burros, but to say that there is an intimidation factor is crap.  The factor that was the difference both years was talent, not intimidation.  This year the talent gap has closed, I'll take the Burros by 8.

Amen.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby plantefan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:35 am

last year there were three things that stopped the Burro offense:

1)McCleary winning the one on one with Hillsboro's guards.  This caused Hillsboro's "slam" back to have to double McCleary on nearly every play and even then he got a lot of tackles.  Hillsboro's line is anchored by center Bill Breen and TEs J. Olsen and J. Horne.  Their guards will HAVE to come up big or they will be running away from McCleary in that 3-4.  This is another reason why the loss of Laber hurts big time.  He is an underrated linebacker and Napoleon needs someone to step up opposite of McCleary

2) Taylor Grunfelder at safety flying absolutely everywhere.  The guy had more of an effect on that game than anyone else on the field.  Napoleon doesn't have that guy this year at safety. 

3)Passing.  Meyer can throw.  Hasn't had to much this year but he's got a nice ball.  If Napoleon puts 8 in the box like last year, watch that play action with Meyers arm. 

McCleary will have a big game.  He will shut down his side of the field.  However, I don't think McCleary is a Grunfelder type where he will shut down the whole field.  This is the game where the loss of Laber is going to hurt them.  They would be much more suited stopping the option with two stud mike linebackers.  sorry for the long post, just my two cents
plantefan

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 pm

plantefan wrote:last year there were three things that stopped the Burro offense:

1)McCleary winning the one on one with Hillsboro's guards.  This caused Hillsboro's "slam" back to have to double McCleary on nearly every play and even then he got a lot of tackles.  Hillsboro's line is anchored by center Bill Breen and TEs J. Olsen and J. Horne.  Their guards will HAVE to come up big or they will be running away from McCleary in that 3-4.  This is another reason why the loss of Laber hurts big time.  He is an underrated linebacker and Napoleon needs someone to step up opposite of McCleary

2) Taylor Grunfelder at safety flying absolutely everywhere.  The guy had more of an effect on that game than anyone else on the field.  Napoleon doesn't have that guy this year at safety. 

3)Passing.  Meyer can throw.  Hasn't had to much this year but he's got a nice ball.  If Napoleon puts 8 in the box like last year, watch that play action with Meyers arm. 

McCleary will have a big game.  He will shut down his side of the field.  However, I don't think McCleary is a Grunfelder type where he will shut down the whole field.  This is the game where the loss of Laber is going to hurt them.  They would be much more suited stopping the option with two stud mike linebackers.  sorry for the long post, just my two cents

I get a kick out of people saying We can pass but we havent had to.  Well you better hope you continue to not have to pass the ball.  The passing game is timing and that doesnt just come in the second round of the playoffs. 
toughregion2

Next

Return to 9 - Man