Lakota at Hillsboro

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:22 pm

Here's the real playoff game on Saturday for 9-man.  What's everyone's thoughts?  And does anyone know what time this game is being played at?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:30 pm

11 is what I'm hearing.  It's gonna be a great game, time to show the rest of the state what Region 2 is made of!
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:43 am

I thought all the region games started at 1:30.

Johansen is a great back and Novak sounds like he's a very solid fullback.

Hillsboro has had 3 backs go over 100 yards in the same game on several occasions this year and 4 different backs have gone over 100 yards in a game.

So you've got he excellence of Johansen vs. the multiple attack of Hillsboro.

I'm going with the multiples.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:58 am

I think this will be a tough game to pick. Yes Hillsboro has their multiple attack - but Lance Johanssen is unreal. Ask North Border. Ask Dakota Prairie. He put up nearly 400 rushing yards against North Border (395yrds.) in the Alreus.  DP couldn't stop him either. I truly believe that if Lakota - even though they didn't have any timeouts left - would have ran Johanssen on that last drive - that he would broke another long run. It's going to be fun to watch this game.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:I think this will be a tough game to pick. Yes Hillsboro has their multiple attack - but Lance Johanssen is unreal. Ask North Border. Ask Dakota Prairie. He put up nearly 400 rushing yards against North Border (395yrds.) in the Alreus.  DP couldn't stop him either. I truly believe that if Lakota - even though they didn't have any timeouts left - would have ran Johanssen on that last drive - that he would broke another long run. It's going to be fun to watch this game.

I think Lakota's defense is better suited to stop the run.  They struggled to gaurd the pass against North Border and Dakota Prairie.  NOT SAYING THEY CAN STOP HILLSBORO.  I am just saying their defense is better at stopping the run then pass.

Also is Smeldent hurt? Or playing? Anyone know what happen to him?  I was pretty impressed with him a couple times i seen him play this year.  He doesn't get any credit. 

If he can't play, that puts Grothmann's younger brother in the backfield right?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:16 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:I think this will be a tough game to pick. Yes Hillsboro has their multiple attack - but Lance Johanssen is unreal. Ask North Border. Ask Dakota Prairie. He put up nearly 400 rushing yards against North Border (395yrds.) in the Alreus.  DP couldn't stop him either. I truly believe that if Lakota - even though they didn't have any timeouts left - would have ran Johanssen on that last drive - that he would broke another long run. It's going to be fun to watch this game.

I think Lakota's defense is better suited to stop the run.  They struggled to gaurd the pass against North Border and Dakota Prairie.  NOT SAYING THEY CAN STOP HILLSBORO.  I am just saying their defense is better at stopping the run then pass.

Also is Smeldent hurt? Or playing? Anyone know what happen to him?  I was pretty impressed with him a couple times i seen him play this year.  He doesn't get any credit. 

If he can't play, that puts Grothmann's younger brother in the backfield right?

After seeing Lakota play a few times this year - their defense is very tough against the run. Again - this will be a great game.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:31 am

Smelden got a whopping bruise on his hand against Hankinson. Zach Grothmann filled in at tailback and did a great job. He's not quite as fast as Smelden, but he is a little shiftier. If Smelden can't go, then Grothmann (Zach) takes over at tailback.

Either way, they both have Andrew Grothmann to run behind. Plus a line that doesn't get the credit they deserve. That line isn't the biggest, it isn't the fastest, it isn't the strongest, but together they make a great line and boy, do they have good technique and they are well coached.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby longhornfan8 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Hinsa wrote:Smelden got a whopping bruise on his hand against Hankinson. Zach Grothmann filled in at tailback and did a great job. He's not quite as fast as Smelden, but he is a little shiftier. If Smelden can't go, then Grothmann (Zach) takes over at tailback.

Either way, they both have Andrew Grothmann to run behind. Plus a line that doesn't get the credit they deserve. That line isn't the biggest, it isn't the fastest, it isn't the strongest, but together they make a great line and boy, do they have good technique and they are well coached.

Smelden is done for the year, he actually broke his hand.....dont worry Z.Grothmann still gets the job done
longhornfan8

Postby grizzfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:45 pm

I think we are forgetting that Lakota's QB is also a rushing threat . . . . he will be the [glow=red]X[/glow] factor in a close Lakota victory.
grizzfan

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:15 pm

grizzfan wrote:I think we are forgetting that Lakota's QB is also a rushing threat . . . . he will be the 
X
factor in a close Lakota victory.

I think we are forgetting the fact the Hillsboro's quarterback is just as good of a rushing threat.  Meyer is an awesome option quarterback.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigtuna21 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 pm

grizzfan wrote:I think we are forgetting that Lakota's QB is also a rushing threat . . . . he will be the 
X
factor in a close Lakota victory.

Ummm...not so much.  He was hurt a dozen or so times and did NOTHING in this game.

bigtuna21

Postby bigtuna21 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 pm

This game wasn't even close.  35-6 and it could have been waaaaay worse.  Serious mismatch.

bigtuna21

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:46 pm

Wow! I think that game tells you that good defense overwhelms good offense.

What a physical game - players on both sides hunched over, limping, getting up slow. Both of these teams left it all on the field.

But Hillsboro's defense was the difference in this game. They kept Johansen contained and didn't let him bust loose for the big score. Johansen got yards, but not nearly as many as he is accustomed to and he was dead tired at the end of the half and the end of the game. He just got worn down by Hillsboro's D.

Great job by Hillsboro.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:11 pm

[user=717]pakkyzoo[/user] wrote:
I think we are forgetting the fact the Hillsboro's quarterback is a much better rushing threat.  Meyer is an awesome option quarterback.

Fixed it for you ;)

Now, I don't mean to offend anyone (cuz that's stopped me before...) but Grothmann just made Lakota look silly today.  Not trying to stir something against Lakota fans/Region 3 fans, I'm just saying that....well, he's that good.  I think that settles for the most part his rank in the top rushers of the state.

Next week vs. Napolean......that's going to be an amazing game to watch (and I won't be there:X)
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man