Mott/Regent vs North Central Benson

The teams in 9 Man

Postby Pfenix » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:49 pm

This is bound to be a good game.  These two teams match up very well with  M/R averaging 48 points a game and giving up 8, and NCB scoring 40 and giving up 8.  They both have two tough running backs in Haagenson and Gion.  Two tough defenses and two high powered offenses.  Who'll win?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Mott, and I doubt it's a great game.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:47 pm

Being from the central part of the state, I'd like to see NCB pull this one off.  I don't know anything about MR, but it sounds like they're a very good and experienced team.  NCB's strength is their defense and running game, and both were in fine form against MLS last night.  MLS only got inside the red zone once all game, even tho they had quite a few decent drives.  I believe NCB racked up nearly 500 yards rushing as well, with Haagenson having almost 300 of those.  MR is the definite favorite in this game, but if NCB controls the clock and grinds out a bunch of long drives they could come away with the upset.
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby KennyG » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:28 am

Does anyone know anything about these two teams?  I know both teams have great running backs in Gion and Haagenson, but what else do these teams have?  Any other game changers besides these two? How do their lines stack up to each other? 
KennyG

Postby Pfenix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 am

well Sooooorrrrrrryyy.  I think it's kinda funny being told off by someone who talks even more smack and hype than most on here.  What about all the expectation and comments you put on Divide?  just my opinion.  But you've made some good points.  I've seen a number of teams play this year, and out of those teams M/R's line is one of if not the best.  Have you seen them play?  I've seen Divide and M/R and they are just as good if not equal.
Last edited by Pfenix on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:40 am

That is a pretty bold statement about Mott's lineman Pfenix. Are they really the biggest, quickest and most experienced? Have you seen many other teams play? It really not cool for the players when they have to live up to expectations like that. They probably want nothing to do with those comments.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:49 am

nordstde wrote:That is a pretty bold statement about Mott's lineman Pfenix. Are they really the biggest, quickest and most experienced? Have you seen many other teams play? It really not cool for the players when they have to live up to expectations like that. They probably want nothing to do with those comments.

I'd think that if the players mentioned ever even see this they aren't going to care a whole lot. It's a nice statement and they probably appreciate a little recognition but when it comes to gameday they aren't going to be worried about living up to the expectations of some random person on a forum site. I doubt there are any football players in the state that take the field worrying about how many people they're going to impress. They're going to be worried about taking the field and giving everything they have on every play. Because in the end that's all you can really do.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:53 am

Well stated sportsperson. A little recognition is a good thing and you are so right - when you hit the field you aren't thinking at all about what bloggers are saying, you are thinking about game plan and execution.

Or at least the good ones are. The ones that worry about the words on these sites are the ones that are going to make mistakes for lack of focus.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:56 am

You think the players don't look at some of the crap on here? Yeah, some players don't care about it, those are the good ones. Of course the players are trying to live up to expectations, including their own. Why do you think players are so let down and mentally drained after a big loss? It's because they feel disappointed, and wish they could keep playing the game they love. Yeah, they aren't thinking about anything but the game during the actual game. But afterwards is when they have to deal with all the "crap".
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01 am

I think the reason players are so "let down and mentally drained" after a big loss is because they feel that they could've played better themselves. They feel they didn't live up to their own expectations, not the expectations of anyone else. That and they probably feel like they let their teammates and coaches down by not performing their best. Or something to that effect.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:03 am

Great post.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby jyj662 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:47 am

20-0 Mott/Regent at halftime
jyj662

Postby jyj662 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:34 pm

2 minutes left..M/R 34-8
jyj662

Postby Ocho Siete » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:05 pm

nordstde wrote:You think the players don't look at some of the crap on here? Yeah, some players don't care about it, those are the good ones. Of course the players are trying to live up to expectations, including their own. Why do you think players are so let down and mentally drained after a big loss? It's because they feel disappointed, and wish they could keep playing the game they love. Yeah, they aren't thinking about anything but the game during the actual game. But afterwards is when they have to deal with all the "crap".

I'm sure the players look on here, but c'mon......it's a message board, very few people here have the knowledge to give credible insight on anyone, it's almost completely full of biased fans of the game; i'm sure almost every athlete that posts on here takes what they read here with a grain of salt and goes on with their lives.

We're entitled to say whatever we want (within the rules of course), and shouldn't be scared of hurting feelings or boosting someone's ego.  I think Mott is going to show up at the Fargodome this year because, well, they're just that good.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:14 pm

So are you one of those "knowledgeable" people that can give credible insight? I'm pretty sure you are just like everyone else on here. Of course everyone is bias towards their favorite team. Thats because your favorite team is the one you know the most about. So everyone feels comfortable talking about thier favorite team, because they have all of the information. For example, I'm not going to start talking about teams from the East, because I know nothing about them.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:16 pm

Nordstde - what's your impression of the results of today's games out west?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:25 pm

nordstde wrote:So are you one of those "knowledgeable" people that can give credible insight? I'm pretty sure you are just like everyone else on here. Of course everyone is bias towards their favorite team. Thats because your favorite team is the one you know the most about. So everyone feels comfortable talking about thier favorite team, because they have all of the information. For example, I'm not going to start talking about teams from the East, because I know nothing about them.

lol not really what I was saying at all...no I don't think I'm a HS sports expert cuz....well I'm not.  All I'm saying is I seriously doubt players go on here and start feeling pressure because of things that, for example, I say about them.

What I mean is....I'll use Divide as an example, if you know any of the players....would they be distraught if I went on here saying they struggle?  I personally don't think they would...THATS all I'm saying.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby nordstde » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:38 pm

Hinsa, I haven't heard a score from the St. John and Berthold game. But as far as the other three games, they all went down like I thought they would. Williams Co. got smoked by CM, 36-0 I think.  It didn't help that thier starting QB (and best player) Tyler Lalim got hurt. Williams Co. only played two good teams all year, and they got shut out by both, I don't think they are very happy right now. Mott killed NCB too, I figured that. As for Divide Co., they handled Richardton. The score is a little decieving 31-22, but they controlled the whole game. I figured DC would come out a little flat after a huge win against Williams Co. Their match up with Central McClean will be very interesting. They are very similar teams, both have size, and both have great players. Divide will be looking for revenge after they lost to them in the semi's last year. This should be a great game!
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:25 pm

nordstde wrote:Hinsa, I haven't heard a score from the St. John and Berthold game. But as far as the other three games, they all went down like I thought they would. Williams Co. got smoked by CM, 36-0 I think.  It didn't help that thier starting QB (and best player) Tyler Lalim got hurt. Williams Co. only played two good teams all year, and they got shut out by both, I don't think they are very happy right now. Mott killed NCB too, I figured that. As for Divide Co., they handled Richardton. The score is a little decieving 31-22, but they controlled the whole game. I figured DC would come out a little flat after a huge win against Williams Co. Their match up with Central McClean will be very interesting. They are very similar teams, both have size, and both have great players. Divide will be looking for revenge after they lost to them in the semi's last year. This should be a great game!

Sure they did, the score was only 8-8 at halftime.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DCalum35 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:29 pm

Were you at the game? Because if you weren't you have no right to say anything about the game big guy.
Last edited by DCalum35 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCalum35

Postby johndeere » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:49 pm

Wildcat wrote:Sure they did, the score was only 8-8 at halftime.

It was 14-8 at halftime
johndeere

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:55 pm

I wasn't at the game but i will say anything I like about it.  And based on the score 14-8 or 8-8, that isn't handling a team.  One fluke score and DC trials at the break.  The ball is not round and stranger things have happened than a good team getting beat by an OK team.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby DCalum35 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Richardton is more than "okay."  They played both Mott/Regent and C.M. tough this year; you can't jugde a game by the SCORE.
DCalum35

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:39 pm

isnt the score one of the main ways to determine who wins the game?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:59 am

DCalum35 wrote:Richardton is more than "okay."  They played both Mott/Regent and C.M. tough this year; you can't jugde a game by the SCORE.

In the end the only thing you can use to judge a game is the score.  Whether your team played better between the 20's is not the point of the game it is to score points.  A team can rack up 500 yds of O and lose that doesn't make you the better team.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man