E/K and Dakota Prairie

The teams in 9 Man

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:53 am

Im not sure what to think about this match up
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 am

60-54 EK, because they are at home. Both high powered offenses, probably won't be more than 2 or 3 defensive stops in the whole game other than turnovers.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:21 am

Hinsa wrote:60-54 EK, because they are at home. Both high powered offenses, probably won't be more than 2 or 3 defensive stops in the whole game other than turnovers.

I think E-K travels....but either way. I see E-K being able to stop DP...but I'll take the E-K speed AND power.

39-18 Rebels
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:44 am

point/center wrote:
Hinsa wrote:60-54 EK, because they are at home. Both high powered offenses, probably won't be more than 2 or 3 defensive stops in the whole game other than turnovers.

I think E-K travels....but either way. I see E-K being able to stop DP...but I'll take the E-K speed AND power.

39-18 Rebels

Whoops, you're right - EK is on the road. In that case, I take DP 60-54.

I know, flip-flop, flip-flop on the score, but I think that will be the difference in this game. Home field wins.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:46 am

something that kind of intrigues me (and yeah...comparing scores, especially from early games in the season to late games in the season is a really bad idea) is that when ek played richland they shut them out.

i'm assuming richland really picked it up at the end of the year, but does anyone know, where there any drastic changes to the colts' offense from the time the rebels gave up no points and the knights gave up 44?
rep

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:01 am

I thought I heard that Richland quit tinkering so much with the spread and went to more of a power running game. I think that fit their personnel better this year.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 am

so basically the ek shutout means nothing because they are just running different plays. eh...stratch that theory then.
rep

Postby homer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:15 am

plus there was some personal changes .new positions for the first time and i think they finally got more comfortable where they were playing
homer

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:59 am

point/center wrote:

39-18 Rebels

I dont know much about eks defense but i cant see dp only scoring 18 points...they just have to much offense
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby gophers18 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 am

richland moved some players around to different spots after woodbury got hurt and was out for rest of season. plus the youngers players got alittle more wiser. They were well coached. Seeing both teams play i will give the edge to E/K because of their strength -speed and size they will outlast DP by 14 points. but again have never been right!!!!!!!
gophers18

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:37 am

I don't if you can say that Edgeley's speed is going to beat Dakota Prairie.  Dakota Prairie is one of the faster teams around.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby booyah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 pm

rep wrote:something that kind of intrigues me (and yeah...comparing scores, especially from early games in the season to late games in the season is a really bad idea) is that when ek played richland they shut them out.

i'm assuming richland really picked it up at the end of the year, but does anyone know, where there any drastic changes to the colts' offense from the time the rebels gave up no points and the knights gave up 44?

richland has been using the same offense all season but the difference is they were playing 100x better at the end of the season then they were at the ek game. it was richlands first game and they did not play good at all. if richland could have pulled out a win last night i think they could have beat ek or at least make it a very close game.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Anybody know what time this game is being played at on Saturday?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby TIMJACKSON » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:12 pm

Kickoff is scheduled for 1:30.
TIMJACKSON

Postby MR.. T » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:06 pm

dakota prairie has very little defense.. there all offense if they let ek score on them like they did richland they will be headin home early.... my prediction 18-44-EK
MR.. T

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:26 am

I just don't see that. DP will definitely put up moe than 18 points. I am not willing to pick this game. E/K has shown to be a great team all year - so has DP. I will agree with some of the other posts stating that DP will have to outscore them - and if DP doesn't beat themselves (Turnovers and penalties) they have the offense to beat anyone. Moving Nichols to linebacker as they did against Lakota and Richland really makes a difference.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:00 am

Edgley-Kulm is very well coached they will run the ball. Edgley's motto is we pass because we want to not because we have to.

Dakota prairie needs a defensive scheme to stop the run.

This is a very tough match up for both teams This has to potential to be Dakota Prairie/ Lakota all over again.

One time,  I would like to see Dakota Prairie play penalty free and turnover free football in a big game.

They shoot themselves in the foot and always have so much to overcome.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Texas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:56 am

MR.. T wrote:dakota prairie has very little defense.. there all offense if they let ek score on them like they did richland they will be headin home early.... my prediction 18-44-EK

I know dp has a small defense but still they play hard ya they arent really good at stopping the run but i will have to take dp because they got Nichols and severson they are both one of the best players in state so then i would have to take dp 38-24
Texas

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:57 am

Any thoughts on DP being tired after that hellacious game against Richland Tuesday?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:02 am

i think all the teams that played the first round will be a little tired...but thats the advantage for the number one teams. I dotn know how big of an effect it will play on the game though. i'm going dakota prairie  38-27
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Edgley-Kulm is very well coached they will run the ball. Edgley's motto is we pass because we want to not because we have to.

Dakota prairie needs a defensive scheme to stop the run.

This is a very tough match up for both teams This has to potential to be Dakota Prairie/ Lakota all over again.

One time,  I would like to see Dakota Prairie play penalty free and turnover free football in a big game.

They shoot themselves in the foot and always have so much to overcome.

You are 100% correct. It seems as though they commit a stupid penalty of fumble a snap at least twice a game on a big drive. It happened against North Border many times. DP did whatever they wanted to against the Eagles - they just made mistakes.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:15 am

Texas wrote:
MR.. T wrote:dakota prairie has very little defense.. there all offense if they let ek score on them like they did richland they will be headin home early.... my prediction 18-44-EK

I know dp has a small defense but still they play hard ya they arent really good at stopping the run but i will have to take dp because they got Nichols and severson they are both one of the best players in state so then i would have to take dp 38-24

DP does seem to have a lot of trouble stopping the run. They are big up front - and their D-line plays very hard - they are just small at linebacker. Brodell plays just as hard as anyone in the state - great defensive player - he is just undersized. It's now or never for them and I believe they will move Nichols from Safety to Linebacker. That will help. I watched their game against Lakota and that is exactly what they did and their Defense was much better at stopping the run in the second half. Nichols will always be the biggest, fastest, and strongest kid out there - he will make a difference in this game both offensively and defensively. Just as he did against Richland. The paper said his numbers were: 86 yards rushing and over 300 yards passing with 7 Td's. I also heard he had about 10 tackles and an interception.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:38 am

Hinsa wrote:Any thoughts on DP being tired after that hellacious game against Richland Tuesday?

It is a short week after an overtime game but on the same note sometimes a bye week can also make a team rusty or it can make them fresh and hungry.

I would rather be the team with the bye.

I have a good friend who won a state championship a few years back, he told me once you get to the playoffs you can't make a mistake. He said they played mistake free for four games and won the state championship. The teams are so even when you get to the last 8 that mistakes are the difference.

The 9-man teams this year are the most talented I have ever seen, region 4 is the only weak link and St. John may supprise everyone just like they have all year, I am not counting anyone out.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:41 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Any thoughts on DP being tired after that hellacious game against Richland Tuesday?

It is a short week after an overtime game but on the same note sometimes a bye week can also make a team rusty or it can make them fresh and hungry.

I would rather be the team with the bye.

I have a good friend who won a state championship a few years back, he told me once you get to the playoffs you can't make a mistake. He said they played mistake free for four games and won the state championship. The teams are so even when you get to the last 8 that mistakes are the difference.

The 9-man teams this year are the most talented I have ever seen, region 4 is the only weak link and St. John may supprise everyone just like they have all year, I am not counting anyone out.

even more than a short week between Tuesday-Saturday is the fact they played Friday night to....those teams that don't receive a bye really are stretched with 3 games in 8 days. At the back side of the season when teams might be banged up a little bit. Advantage to rested team...
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:45 am

I agree -

Advantage - the rested team.

But there are advantages to being on a roll as well.
ifoughtpiranhas

Next

Return to 9 - Man