E/K and Dakota Prairie

The teams in 9 Man

Postby booyah » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:05 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
Texas wrote:
MR.. T wrote:dakota prairie has very little defense.. there all offense if they let ek score on them like they did richland they will be headin home early.... my prediction 18-44-EK

I know dp has a small defense but still they play hard ya they arent really good at stopping the run but i will have to take dp because they got Nichols and severson they are both one of the best players in state so then i would have to take dp 38-24

DP does seem to have a lot of trouble stopping the run. They are big up front - and their D-line plays very hard - they are just small at linebacker. Brodell plays just as hard as anyone in the state - great defensive player - he is just undersized. It's now or never for them and I believe they will move Nichols from Safety to Linebacker. That will help. I watched their game against Lakota and that is exactly what they did and their Defense was much better at stopping the run in the second half. Nichols will always be the biggest, fastest, and strongest kid out there - he will make a difference in this game both offensively and defensively. Just as he did against Richland. The paper said his numbers were: 86 yards rushing and over 300 yards passing with 7 Td's. I also heard he had about 10 tackles and an interception.

the interception was kinda lucky cuz erbes threw it to besette and if besette would have kept running he could have had at least 20 yards or a touchdown, but he stopped and jumped and it bounced off his hands and practically landed in nichols hands.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:06 am

booyah wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
Texas wrote:
MR.. T wrote:dakota prairie has very little defense.. there all offense if they let ek score on them like they did richland they will be headin home early.... my prediction 18-44-EK

I know dp has a small defense but still they play hard ya they arent really good at stopping the run but i will have to take dp because they got Nichols and severson they are both one of the best players in state so then i would have to take dp 38-24

DP does seem to have a lot of trouble stopping the run. They are big up front - and their D-line plays very hard - they are just small at linebacker. Brodell plays just as hard as anyone in the state - great defensive player - he is just undersized. It's now or never for them and I believe they will move Nichols from Safety to Linebacker. That will help. I watched their game against Lakota and that is exactly what they did and their Defense was much better at stopping the run in the second half. Nichols will always be the biggest, fastest, and strongest kid out there - he will make a difference in this game both offensively and defensively. Just as he did against Richland. The paper said his numbers were: 86 yards rushing and over 300 yards passing with 7 Td's. I also heard he had about 10 tackles and an interception.

the interception was kinda lucky cuz erbes threw it to besette and if besette would have kept running he could have had at least 20 yards or a touchdown, but he stopped and jumped and it bounced off his hands and practically landed in nichols hands.

Hows it luck? He made the play on the ball and came up wiht it.  It wasn't his fault that Besette didn't judge it right.  It was a good play.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby booyah » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 am

no i totally agree with you that he was in perfect position to make that play. but it was lucky for nichols that besette did judge it wrong otherwise that could have been a big play for richland. now on my prediction for the ek-dp game....

i think this will be a close game. ek has a good defense and will have the chance to stop the big play offense of dp. however....if dp can get a defensive scheme together and stop ek's running game then dp has a very good chance of winning this game.

im going with 38-32 ek.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby G » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:42 am

who r e/k's key players
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby G » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:51 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Edgley-Kulm is very well coached they will run the ball. Edgley's motto is we pass because we want to not because we have to.

Dakota prairie needs a defensive scheme to stop the run.

This is a very tough match up for both teams This has to potential to be Dakota Prairie/ Lakota all over again.

One time,  I would like to see Dakota Prairie play penalty free and turnover free football in a big game.

They shoot themselves in the foot and always have so much to overcome.

You are 100% correct. It seems as though they commit a stupid penalty of fumble a snap at least twice a game on a big drive. It happened against North Border many times. DP did whatever they wanted to against the Eagles - they just made mistakes.

i was at that game too and it almost seemed like dp got nervous when they started doing things right and started to get careless with the ball...another thing i noticed was that they could pound north borders defense in between the 20s but once they got to the redzone they kinda froze...i dont know if thats still a problem because its kinda hard to go off of a game so early in the season but after hearing about nichols offensive stats i think he and his team have matured and started to finish off drives instead of turning it over on downs in the redzone
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:12 am

Is wind going to be a factor in this game?  It was misty for DP on Tuesday night but really no wind.  Has DP played any meaningful games where they were limited because of bad conditions to only two quarters of really running their offense?
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:17 am

tommykramer wrote:Is wind going to be a factor in this game?  It was misty for DP on Tuesday night but really no wind.  Has DP played any meaningful games where they were limited because of bad conditions to only two quarters of really running their offense?

Against Thompson there was 30 mph winds.  They still threw the ball.  They did run it a little bit more, but thats what you have to do in the wind.  I still think Nichols passed for 200 some. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:29 am

Mcville has a nice field surrounded by shelter belts on all sides but a stiff NW wind would still have a factor in the game.

Dakota Prairie has not had a game where the weather has been a factor this year.

But last year they did against Lakota it was cold windy and rainy and Dakota Prairie got killed.

That is why I hate the spread offense, weather does play a factor, but, if there was a team with the players to run a spread offense in North Dakota High School Football its that Dakota Prairie Team this year.

Plus I think the weather tomorrow in McVille will be perfect for this time of the year, 56 for a high with a west south west wind at 10-20 mph. 30% chance of showers later in the day.

The weather will not be a factor in tomorrows game.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to 9 - Man