North Border vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

The teams in 9 Man

Postby EagleFan#5 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:26 am

Lets hear thoughts.. predictions... pros and cons for each team
EagleFan#5

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:16 am

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood is a very physical team. They play hard and will punch you in the face.

North Border held off a physical Lakota team but I don't think Wyndmere has the type of running back like Johhanson from Lakota.

I wil take North Border in this one.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfbfan70 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:34 am

I think the score is going be something like 100-95, I don't know who will win. Wyndmere does have 2 excellent RB's Heitkamp and their QB Puetz. Although Puetz was hurt pretty bad last night.
Last edited by ndfbfan70 on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:47 am

i think north borders defense will hold true on saturday and they will come away with a win by a pretty wide margin...nb48-wl14
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:25 am

If Puetz is hurt and becomes immoble or cannot play, WL is in the hurt bag. His elusiveness in the backfield makes up a good portion of their offense.

If Puetz can play at 90%, this will be a tough game. If Puetz is less than that, NB in a runaway.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:26 am

it will not be 48 -14 unless puetz is out...if he's out there goes the offnese
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 pm

it sounds like wyndmere/lidgerwood got pretty beat up on tuesday and that is where i think nb has the advantage...they will be fresh and ready to play which is what they need to run that run and gun offense
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan4323 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:20 pm

I will take North Border in this game. W-L beat Hankinson by 1 and North Border run the same offense only better and probably plays better defense in my opinion.
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:04 am

I will have to take North Border in this one.....W/L is tough - but Carpenter will make the difference.

I see the game is in Walhalla - Let's just hope for Wyndmere's sake that they get a neutral reffing crew. Not the usual crew that works the games up there. Talk to any teams that play up there - to win you will have to be up by 2 TDs - because that's what will be taken away rom youi. Tall to Cavailer - Dakota Prairie - anyone else...... Even the teams that have won up there.

Regardless - it will be a good game - but NB will come out on top.

ifoughtpiranhas

Postby packers 4 life » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:54 am

I want to know how you figure they are already down 2 td's when people go to walhalla?  Ya, ask cavalier they played in pembina.  have you even been to any games in walhalla this year? North Border played Dakota Prairie and Midway Minto in walhalla this year.  Beating midway 50 some to 6 or 8 and dakota prairie by 2.  I guess it was the refs that made dp's players shift illegally and hold.  im pretty sure the penalties were equal that game.  it sounds like you are a little bitter.
packers 4 life

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 am

packers 4 life wrote:I want to know how you figure they are already down 2 td's when people go to walhalla?  Ya, ask cavalier they played in pembina.  have you even been to any games in walhalla this year? North Border played Dakota Prairie and Midway Minto in walhalla this year.  Beating midway 50 some to 6 or 8 and dakota prairie by 2.  I guess it was the refs that made dp's players shift illegally and hold.  im pretty sure the penalties were equal that game.  it sounds like you are a little bitter.

No - not bitter at all.

I referenced Walhalla because that is where the game this weekend is.

I did not see the Cavalier or DP game - I have just heard that good old Carp is real good at working the hometown refs. Am I bitter? No. But someone sounds a little defensive.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:46 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
packers 4 life wrote:I want to know how you figure they are already down 2 td's when people go to walhalla?  Ya, ask cavalier they played in pembina.  have you even been to any games in walhalla this year? North Border played Dakota Prairie and Midway Minto in walhalla this year.  Beating midway 50 some to 6 or 8 and dakota prairie by 2.  I guess it was the refs that made dp's players shift illegally and hold.  im pretty sure the penalties were equal that game.  it sounds like you are a little bitter.

No - not bitter at all.

I did not see the Cavalier or DP game - I have just heard that good old Carp is real good at working the hometown refs. Am I bitter? No. But someone sounds a little defensive.

Sounds like good coaching in my opion......What was cavaliers excuse last year when we beat them in CAVALIER.   If coach carp is good at working the officials what would stop him if they were on the road.   Do refs only work the homefield sideline.  I dont thinks so.  One other thing i know some of the officials very well and they are well informed of coach carp long before they get his games.  

People have to remeber that these are 15-18 yr KIDS they will not play flawlessly every game or any game for that matter.  When you have kids playing in games of this magnitude anything can happen. 
toughregion2

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:57 am

toughregion2 wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:

No - not bitter at all.

Sounds like good coaching in my opion......What was cavaliers excuse last year when we beat them in CAVALIER.   If coach carp is good at working the officials what would stop him if they were on the road.   Do refs only work the homefield sideline.  I dont thinks so.  One other thing i know some of the officials very well and they are well informed of coach carp long before they get his games.  

People have to remeber that these are 15-18 yr KIDS they will not play flawlessly every game or any game for that matter.  When you have kids playing in games of this magnitude anything can happen. 

You're right abou the fact that we are talking about 15-18yr old kids. Mistakes happen. I was just repeating a statement I had heard.....I thought it was interesting. It's funny that the officials are "well-informed" about him before they get to the games. That is kind of funny. I will give him credit for working the officials - I personally think that's good coaching. I simply stated in my first comment that I hope for Wyndmere's sake that everything is played out neutrally.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:49 pm

I am really getting sick and tired of people saying the reason North Border wins football games is because of Coach Carpenter "working the officials."  Like the Dakota Prairie game for example:  Some DP fans were saying the penalties were 9-1 or something and it was all because of Coach Carpenter.  First off, I saw the stats for that game and the penalites were the exact same in number.  Secondly, If the penalites were 9-1 at some point it's not that the refs aren't calling them on NB it's that Dakota Prairie was jumping offsides, doing illegal motion and various other penalties.  It's not Coach Carpenters fault the other team can't remember the snap count or anything else.  The reason the Penalties were significant is because NB capitalized on Dakota Prairie's mistake and DP didn't do anything when NB got called for something.  The game this saturday with Wyndmere will not be decided by the officials. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I am really getting sick and tired of people saying the reason North Border wins football games is because of Coach Carpenter "working the officials."  Like the Dakota Prairie game for example:  Some DP fans were saying the penalties were 9-1 or something and it was all because of Coach Carpenter.  First off, I saw the stats for that game and the penalites were the exact same in number.  Secondly, If the penalites were 9-1 at some point it's not that the refs aren't calling them on NB it's that Dakota Prairie was jumping offsides, doing illegal motion and various other penalties.  It's not Coach Carpenters fault the other team can't remember the snap count or anything else.  The reason the Penalties were significant is because NB capitalized on Dakota Prairie's mistake and DP didn't do anything when NB got called for something.  The game this saturday with Wyndmere will not be decided by the officials. 

I think what DP fans were most mad at was the quick whistles.  It happen two times where Severson would hit the pile and refs would loose him.  They would blow the whistle right when he was breaking away.  It happen twice.  They were quick.  I ALSO seen the stats for the game.  Dakota Prairie had 2 or 3 more.  I am not complaining about the ref's, but they did blow a quick whistle when the play wasn't over yet.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:12 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I am really getting sick and tired of people saying the reason North Border wins football games is because of Coach Carpenter "working the officials."  Like the Dakota Prairie game for example:  Some DP fans were saying the penalties were 9-1 or something and it was all because of Coach Carpenter.  First off, I saw the stats for that game and the penalites were the exact same in number.  Secondly, If the penalites were 9-1 at some point it's not that the refs aren't calling them on NB it's that Dakota Prairie was jumping offsides, doing illegal motion and various other penalties.  It's not Coach Carpenters fault the other team can't remember the snap count or anything else.  The reason the Penalties were significant is because NB capitalized on Dakota Prairie's mistake and DP didn't do anything when NB got called for something.  The game this saturday with Wyndmere will not be decided by the officials. 

I think what DP fans were most mad at was the quick whistles.  It happen two times where Severson would hit the pile and refs would loose him.  They would blow the whistle right when he was breaking away.  It happen twice.  They were quick.  I ALSO seen the stats for the game.  Dakota Prairie had 2 or 3 more.  I am not complaining about the ref's, but they did blow a quick whistle when the play wasn't over yet.
Well then the people taking stats must not have had identical stats but regardless the penalties didn't decide the game.  I remember the quick whistle plays and yeah it seemed unneccessary but theres no saying DP would've won because the rest of the game would've been played much differently.  It was the second game of the year so you gotta give the refs some slack and assume they'll get it all toether come playoff time.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizzfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:06 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Wyndmere-Lidgerwood is a very physical team.They play hard and will punch you in the face.

North Border held off a physical Lakota team but I don't think Wyndmere has the type of running back like Johhanson from Lakota.

I wil take North Border in this one.

That is a 15 yard penalty . . . if they have too much of that going on then North Border will win in a walk-over.

But seriously i will take that run & gun offense of North Border to win by 2 scores.
grizzfan

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:32 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Well then the people taking stats must not have had identical stats but regardless the penalties didn't decide the game.  I remember the quick whistle plays and yeah it seemed unneccessary but theres no saying DP would've won because the rest of the game would've been played much differently.  It was the second game of the year so you gotta give the refs some slack and assume they'll get it all toether come playoff time.

IF IF'S AND BUTS WERE CANDY AND NUTS WHAT A MERRY CHRISTMAS WE WILL ALL HAVE.     

Plain and simple for you guys.    North Border won....North Border is region champs.   North Border has not been beat.     Dakota Prairie is #2 UNTIL THEY PROVE OTHERWISE. 

toughregion2

Postby G » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:39 am

thank you
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Twinkie12 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:17 am

Rumor has it that Puetz is out. He has to have surgery the beginning of November. Their second string QB was hurt vs. Oakes and is more than likely out. I am not sure who their third stringer is so they may be in a hurt bag. This game is pretty much another bye week for the Eagles. They will be the most rested team in the Quarterfinals.
Twinkie12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:48 am

Twinkie12 wrote:Rumor has it that Puetz is out. He has to have surgery the beginning of November. Their second string QB was hurt vs. Oakes and is more than likely out. I am not sure who their third stringer is so they may be in a hurt bag. This game is pretty much another bye week for the Eagles. They will be the most rested team in the Quarterfinals.

I'll play
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:23 pm

North Border won the game today 36-34 in Walhalla.  WL came out and played amazing.  NB scored on their second play from scrimmage after a three and out on what seemed to be an easy score for the eagles.  The rest of the game wasn't so easy.  WL then scored 20 straight points in a row to put NB down 20-8 midway through the second quarter.  North Border bounced back before halftime scoring twice with touchdown passes to Josh Keller (#19) and Mike Smith.  Smiths touchdown came with under ten seconds in the half.  North Border got the ball back to start halftime and marched down the field for another score to make the game 28-20 in the third quarter.  WL came right back and scored on a flea-flicker on their next offensive play.  The rest of game was a back and forth field position battle untill the last 8 minutes.  North Border had the ball on WL's 25 on a fourth and eight lined up for a field goal.  They faked the field goal and Carpenter threw a nice pass to Mike Smith for his third receiving touchdown of the game.  They got the two point conversion on a scramble by carpenter to go up 36-28 with about 5 minutes to go.  WL came down the field and scored a potential game tying touchdown with 14 seconds left.  The two point conversion was a quarterback sweep play that was stopped by Carpenter.  The onside kick went out of bounds and NB won yet another barn burner.  I haven't heard a score on the DP vs. E/K game yet so I don't know who NB will be playing next week in Pembina.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sports911 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:57 pm

[font=arial black]DP won today. I dont know any of the stats, but I'm sure someone will get them on here. The match up between them and NB will be one heck of a game...DP is going to want revenge on NB, because of the last time they met up with NB. The game is in Pembina.[/font]
sports911

Postby MT_42_2010 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:11 pm

Carpenter's the heart of this team, he keeps finding ways to win, hes a great competitor. he had 5 touchdowns yesterday, if he's rollin NB is hard to beat
MT_42_2010
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sports nut » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:16 am

Hey NB fans, just wanted to hear your thoughts on W-L. QB? RB#20? WR #22? Good luck on Saturday. Should be another dog fight down to the wire.
sports nut

Next

Return to 9 - Man