North Border vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

The teams in 9 Man

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:21 am

sports nut wrote:Hey NB fans, just wanted to hear your thoughts on W-L. QB? RB#20? WR #22? Good luck on Saturday. Should be another dog fight down to the wire.

W-L qb is the real deal.  He hid the play action well as well as the option.  He made some nice cuts and some really nice deep throws.  NB had trouble with him all day long. 
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:56 am

Puetz is definitely a good quarterback.  I heard this is his first year playing quarterback after being a running back before this.  He did a great job running and passing against the Eagles defense.  On the Flea-Flicker play he threw and absolute perfect ball to his receiver sprinting down the sidelines.  W-L wasn't the cakewalk a lot of people on this board predicted it to be.  On the year they have 3 losses.  One to North Border (10-0) one to Napoleon (10-0) and one to FSHP (7-3) who lost to Napoleon on saturday by only 14 points.  Wyndmere-Lidgerwood was a very good football team this season.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:58 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Puetz is definitely a good quarterback.  I heard this is his first year playing quarterback after being a running back before this.  He did a great job running and passing against the Eagles defense.  On the Flea-Flicker play he threw and absolute perfect ball to his receiver sprinting down the sidelines.  W-L wasn't the cakewalk a lot of people on this board predicted it to be.  On the year they have 3 losses.  One to North Border (10-0) one to Napoleon (10-0) and one to FSHP (7-3) who lost to Napoleon on saturday by only 14 points.  Wyndmere-Lidgerwood was a very good football team this season.

Check that again.  Their other loss was to Hillsboro.  21-20.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:05 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Puetz is definitely a good quarterback.  I heard this is his first year playing quarterback after being a running back before this.  He did a great job running and passing against the Eagles defense.  On the Flea-Flicker play he threw and absolute perfect ball to his receiver sprinting down the sidelines.  W-L wasn't the cakewalk a lot of people on this board predicted it to be.  On the year they have 3 losses.  One to North Border (10-0) one to Napoleon (10-0) and one to FSHP (7-3) who lost to Napoleon on saturday by only 14 points.  Wyndmere-Lidgerwood was a very good football team this season.

Check that again.  Their other loss was to Hillsboro.  21-20.

Thats right I wasn't sure if it was Hillsboro or Napoleon but Hillsboro is also undefeated so the record of the teams they lost to is 27-3.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sports nut » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 am

Yep, it was Hillsboro and not Napoleon. They missed a two point conversion with 1:30 to go vs. Hillsboro to lose 21-20.
sports nut

Previous

Return to 9 - Man