9-Man Second Round Playoffs

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Saturday - October 20th (2nd Round)

PPG = Average Points Per Game;  PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

TOP BRACKET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region 2 # 3 - Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (7-2),  PPG - 33.6, PPGA - 20.3

AT Region 3 # 1 - North Border (9-0), PPG - 41.3, PPGA - 16.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region 1 # 2 - Edgeley-Kulm (8-1),  PPG - 36.8, PPGA - 9.0

AT Region 3 # 2 - Dakota Prairie (9-1),  PPG - 49.8, PPGA - 20.8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region 3 # 3 - Lakota (7-2),  PPG - 49.0, PPGA - 16.0 

AT Region 2 # 1 - Hillsboro (9-0),  PPG - 35.9, PPGA - 15.3

Region 2 # 2 - Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page (8-1),  PPG - 33.2, PPGA - 22.6 

AT Region 1 # 1 - Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter (8-0),  PPG - 38.4, PPGA - 7.0 

BOTTOM BRACKET

Region 6 # 3 - Richardton-Taylor (7-2),  PPG - 34.2, PPGA - 11.3 

AT Region 5 # 1 - Divide County (8-0),  PPG - 44.0, PPGA - 13.3

Region 6 # 2 - Central McLean (7-1),  PPG - 40.6, PPGA - 15.6 

AT Region 5 # 2 - Williams County (9-1),  PPG - 36.3, PPGA - 9.4

Region 5 # 3 - Berthold-Our Redeemer's (7-2),  PPG - 40.9, PPGA - 21.9 

AT Region 4 # 1 - St. John (8-0),  PPG - 53.4, PPGA - 25.8

Region 4 # 2 - North Central Benson (8-1),  PPG - 40.2, PPGA - 7.6 

AT Region 6 # 1 - Mott-Regent (8-0),  PPG - 48.3, PPGA - 8.0
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:12 am

Looking at the averages the St John vs Berthold game should be a shootout.  Possible upset there as well.  Another interesting game is Hillsboro vs Lakota, should be a great game to watch.  Another possible upset there, but I think Hillsboro will come out on top.  WC vs CM should be a great game.  Don't know much about either team, but I think it will be a back and forth game that goes down to the wire.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:38 am

How is it that Central Mclean gets a first round bye and has to travel?  Just curious to see how that works.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3nout » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 am

Williams Cty. is from region 5, Central McClean is Region 6, and if two like seeds play each other the odd number region hosts in odd number years.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby plantefan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:02 am

The Hillsboro-Lakota game should be a complete grind it out game.  I think a lot will come down to how each team holds up physically.  Each time that a team has challenged Hillsboro this year, they have worn them down throughout the game and came out on top by pulling it out in the end.  What defense(s) does Lakota run?
plantefan

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:30 am

plantefan wrote:The Hillsboro-Lakota game should be a complete grind it out game.  I think a lot will come down to how each team holds up physically.  Each time that a team has challenged Hillsboro this year, they have worn them down throughout the game and came out on top by pulling it out in the end.  What defense(s) does Lakota run?

Very good observation plantefan. I agree with the grind it out part. Johanssen has more speed than Hillsboro can match, but will his speed hold up playing defense against Hillsboro's smash-mouth option? Wearing teams down has certainly been Hillsboro's strong suit.

Another thing to consider - if Grothmann gets a clean shot on Johanssen (sorry if I'm spelling that wrong) that will slow Johanssen down as well. Either on offense or defense - I've seen Grothmann put guys out of the game with his blocks - not intentionally, but good, clean hits.

This one sure seems like a matchup of speed vs smash-mouth.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:46 am

Hinsa wrote:
plantefan wrote:The Hillsboro-Lakota game should be a complete grind it out game.  I think a lot will come down to how each team holds up physically.  Each time that a team has challenged Hillsboro this year, they have worn them down throughout the game and came out on top by pulling it out in the end.  What defense(s) does Lakota run?

Very good observation plantefan. I agree with the grind it out part. Johanssen has more speed than Hillsboro can match, but will his speed hold up playing defense against Hillsboro's smash-mouth option? Wearing teams down has certainly been Hillsboro's strong suit.

Another thing to consider - if Grothmann gets a clean shot on Johanssen (sorry if I'm spelling that wrong) that will slow Johanssen down as well. Either on offense or defense - I've seen Grothmann put guys out of the game with his blocks - not intentionally, but good, clean hits.

Lakota's line gets off the ball better then any team I have seen in the state.  Both teams run the ball all game long.  I woudn't say its speed vs. smash-mouth. I would say its smash-mouth vs. smash-mouth.  Sure Johanson is speedy, but the thing that gets over looked is his strength.  A couple players I have talked to said hes the strongest back they have tackled.

Like "tommykramer" said earlier, they are going to have to resod the field when this one get gets over.  Both teams are going to pound and pound.  Should be a hard faught battle.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:16 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

Lakota's line gets off the ball better then any team I have seen in the state.  Both teams run the ball all game long.  I woudn't say its speed vs. smash-mouth. I would say its smash-mouth vs. smash-mouth.  Sure Johanson is speedy, but the thing that gets over looked is his strength.  A couple players I have talked to said hes the strongest back they have tackled.

Like "tommykramer" said earlier, they are going to have to resod the field when this one get gets over.  Both teams are going to pound and pound.  Should be a hard faught battle.

if lakota can get a body on grothman i think johanneson will run all day on them...but if grothman goes untouched and lays some good hits on johanneson early it might make the game a little easier for hillsboro
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:19 pm

G wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

if lakota can get a body on grothman i think johanneson will run all day on them...but if grothman goes untouched and lays some good hits on johanneson early it might make the game a little easier for hillsboro

And that will all depend on how healthy Chris Hoerth is, he lines up at gaurd, full back, and tight end.  They run a lot to his side.  Against North Border they showed the ability to run on the oposite side then he is on.  But if hes healthy, hes usually a pretty athletic and physical player. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:24 pm

G wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

i agree...there should be some pretty good hits between them two...i think lakota will take this one though...i just cant see there running game being stopped after running for over 490 yards in there last two games
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Hillsboro has done a great job against teams that try to get physical against them. Lakota may be able to rack up some rushing yards, but how is Lakota going to stop Hillsboro's running game?

Hillsboro has shown that they can win physical games as well as shootouts. Lakota certainly has shown they can win both types of games as well. That's what will make this a great game.

I see two wild cards in Hillsboro's favor - home field and Grothmann. You simply cannot overestimate his effect on games. I think Hillsboro takes it.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man