FSHP @ NAPOLEON sAtUrDaY

The teams in 9 Man

Postby the mask » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:42 pm

thoughts opinions and freedom of speech......

WHATS GOING DOWN
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:40 pm

i'm goin to say napoleon by 20 or more....fshp hasnt shown they can stop the run and they are going up against one of the ..if not the best running team in nd.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:50 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:i'm goin to say napoleon by 20 or more....fshp hasnt shown they can stop the run and they are going up against one of the ..if not the best running team in nd.

I heard something about Laber tearing a ligament in his knee??  I don't know if thats true, but if it is, it could have an affect on the offensive line??  Anyone else hear anything?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:21 pm

ya i heard that too from someone from Napoleon. Tore his acl, and mcl i think is what i heard.
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 pm

From the sounds of it FSHP almost didn't get to make the trip, and they gave up a PILE of rushing yards to Thompson tonight. Napoleon hands down in this one
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EagleFan#5 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:31 am

Based on the box score from last nights game with Thompson I think FSHP has about as good of chance of beating Napoleon on Saturday as the Gophers do of beating the Bison.... Slim to none!!!!! :D
EagleFan#5

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:19 am

if they want to have a chance, some how the run defense has to step up big time. if not they need to make this game a shoot out and have the score in the 30's or 40's
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:50 am

nopoleans already won this game...they could prolly not practice the rest of the week and still win
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:16 am

For FSHP to win against napoleon they will need HUGE games from their lineman (Kainz and Oxton especially). On defense these guys must force napoleon to double them to free up the linebackers to bring down Gross.

Also saying that a high school football game is over before it starts, and that the other team doesn't need to practice the rest of the week. Who says that? They're high school kids. Anything can happen on any given day. And if that last post isn't locker room material to add fuel to the fire I dont know what is.

FSHP is a very dangerous team, and a very very solid team. Lets not forget that their only loss this year is to Hillsboro, who IMO will be representing the East in the Title game. If Napoleon overlooks this one could have upset written all over it.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:26 am

I smell an upset....Finley will regain their form they had against Wyndmere and take this one.  If anything, it'll be closer than Napolean expects, and scare em a bit.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:39 am

ya, i agree but if they want a chance...they better pray mother nature gives them some good weather so they can use their passing game.

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:45 am

FSHP CANNOT go in there with any fear. If they go in wide-eyed thinking "Oh my gosh, this is NAPOLEON" they will get their butts kicked. But if they go in and play the way they are capable of playing, they can beat Napoleon.

They must score with Napoleon - Napoleon's ground game is too tough to stop completely.

I think a big key is the health of Laber - I've heard the rumor too, but I wonder if that is a smoke screen. Can anyone say definitively what the status of Laber is?

If he doesn't play, that's a BIG hole in Napoleon's line.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby plantefan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:00 am

It's high school football so Hope obviously has a chance.  Hope is a good football team (one loss in a tough region).  However, Hope does not match up with teams that run it down your throat and wear you down both physically and mentally.  Look at the Hillsboro-Hope game, Ihry slowed up (who can blame him) when Grothmann laid a big lick on him.  I guarentee that McCleary will do the same.  Hope's strength is in their skill players, their line is solid but not stand out.  The loss of Laber will hurt, but Napoleon will overcome it.
plantefan

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:09 am

plantefan wrote:It's high school football so Hope obviously has a chance.  Hope is a good football team (one loss in a tough region).  However, Hope does not match up with teams that run it down your throat and wear you down both physically and mentally.  Look at the Hillsboro-Hope game, Ihry slowed up (who can blame him) when Grothmann laid a big lick on him.  I guarentee that McCleary will do the same.  Hope's strength is in their skill players, their line is solid but not stand out.  The loss of Laber will hurt, but Napoleon will overcome it.

It'll be tough to overcome though...they came into team camp without Laber, Gross, and Mccleary, and were definately not a good team...granted that it was early, and that Mccleary and Gross are fine, that's still one of the 3 top players.

It'll be a weakness definately...Finley has to exploit it
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby wrestlingbacker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:03 am

Laber hasn't played the last 3 games.  I think Napoleon has done pretty well without him in those 3 games.  I don't think that is a big deal.  It may make more of a difference if they play Hillsboro next round, especially if they need to go back to the strategy they had against E/K with McCleary and Laber in the backfield.  Hopefully he can get back by then though. 
wrestlingbacker

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:06 am

wrestlingbacker wrote:Laber hasn't played the last 3 games.  I think Napoleon has done pretty well without him in those 3 games.  I don't think that is a big deal.  It may make more of a difference if they play Hillsboro next round, especially if they need to go back to the strategy they had against E/K with McCleary and Laber in the backfield.  Hopefully he can get back by then though. 

So its a tore mcl?  If was ACL it extremely tough to get back in 3 to 5 weeks.  Is it tore or just a sprain??
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby wrestlingbacker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:34 am

I'm not sure on the extent of his injury.  I don't think it was a torn ACL or MCL though.  I guess I will find out when everyone else does, at the game.
wrestlingbacker

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:37 am

Way out of line, Indagame - posting pictures of people.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:46 am

at least we know he spends his time searching and finding pictures of people on the internet.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:39 pm

C'mon indagame, at least get a decent pic of me
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:59 am

Just a reminder, anytime people post there is a permanent log of the computers IP address.  It's a simple process to ban those IP's permanently from viewing the forum. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:02 am

Ocho Siete wrote:I smell an upset....Finley will regain their form they had against Wyndmere and take this one.  If anything, it'll be closer than Napolean expects, and scare em a bit.

If FSHP have a snowballs chance in heck of winning this game or even keeping it close theyd better hope their clock keeper gets to handle his game strategy. But from what Ive heard after playing Thompson he can no longer keep time at any game.. My Vote is Napolean 47-FSHP-7. :D
ndfootballwrestling

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:10 am

That snowball is bigger than you think.....FSHP can run, pass, score, and defend. The weather sounds great for Saturday so look for Thorson to air it out.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:24 am

ndfootballwrestling wrote:
Ocho Siete wrote:I smell an upset....Finley will regain their form they had against Wyndmere and take this one.  If anything, it'll be closer than Napolean expects, and scare em a bit.

If FSHP have a snowballs chance in heck of winning this game or even keeping it close theyd better hope their clock keeper gets to handle his game strategy. But from what Ive heard after playing Thompson he can no longer keep time at any game.. My Vote is Napolean 47-FSHP-7. :D

By far the dumbest post i've read in a long time on here
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Nugget_N » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:36 pm

Anybody know the final score?
Nugget_N
NDPreps Rookie

Return to 9 - Man