Best WR

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Best WR

Postby old lineman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:35 pm

I saw DC play once but that was enough to show me that Dhuyvetter is real good. The most impressive thing is that he showed up in such open spots of the field, Maybe they switched routes based on the look the d gave them. Good coaching or good WR?
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:52 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:the thing about mauch and ostrom stats is that, yeah, they are going to be lower than a mitchell brodel, luehring, mike smith, dusty chale.... but thats only because their offenses are designed to run. If you put Mauch or Ostrom on a DP or NB offense i'm sure theyd have just the same amount of stats....FSHP only passes the ball about 10-15 times a game....Hankinson a few more, but they still have more rushes that passes.

You'd think if Ostrom was so good though, they'd throw the ball more....not saying, just saying
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:27 am

Ocho Siete wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:the thing about mauch and ostrom stats is that, yeah, they are going to be lower than a mitchell brodel, luehring, mike smith, dusty chale.... but thats only because their offenses are designed to run. If you put Mauch or Ostrom on a DP or NB offense i'm sure theyd have just the same amount of stats....FSHP only passes the ball about 10-15 times a game....Hankinson a few more, but they still have more rushes that passes.

You'd think if Ostrom was so good though, they'd throw the ball more....not saying, just saying

Ostrom is a very talented wide reciever.....they didn't throw the ball much period....they gave it to their backs.....when they did get the ball to dillan he made plays....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:00 am

The Schwab wrote:
Ocho Siete wrote:

Ostrom is a very talented wide reciever.....they didn't throw the ball much period....they gave it to their backs.....when they did get the ball to dillan he made plays....

Well shame on FSHP then, not putting the ball into the hands of their playmaker more often!

I'm just saying, it's hard to say Ostrom is equal to Mauch, just by saying they didn't throw the ball as much, cuz I'm one to believe that the coach will call the plays based on what he believes will be the best contributor. I'm not putting him down, I'm just gonna say...a much better arguement would've been to say Ostrom was an End (I believe he was anyways...) while Mauch is a WR.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:50 am

Ocho Siete wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Ocho Siete wrote:

Well shame on FSHP then, not putting the ball into the hands of their playmaker more often!

I'm just saying, it's hard to say Ostrom is equal to Mauch, just by saying they didn't throw the ball as much, cuz I'm one to believe that the coach will call the plays based on what he believes will be the best contributor. I'm not putting him down, I'm just gonna say...a much better arguement would've been to say Ostrom was an End (I believe he was anyways...) while Mauch is a WR.

Mauch is a better WR....no questions.....but Ostrom is very talented as well
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man