Best WR

The teams in 9 Man

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:25 am

ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
G wrote:chale and smith from north border are some pretty good wide outs...leurigh from dakota prairie is pretty good too

I agree their, and its Luehring by the way from DP.  Hes a sophmore. Tough to cover deep.  It was 3 and 35 on their on 5 yard line last night with DP down 38 to 36 with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  He took a quickslant 50 yards for a first down.  It led to DP going up 44 to 36.

Chale and Smith are both big, fast, and can jump.  I watched them play Lakota and Dakota Prairie.  Carpenter does a nice job finding both of these two.  They offer good size, the biggest thing is they are both tough matchups.
I have seen DP play a few times. Leuhring is uncoverable. He has a rediculous first step off of the line. A few of us went and watched the DP Richland game and saw the quick slant play for 50. Speed kills. He also made a few other tough grabs that game. One tough catch where Nichols through a perfect 30 yard pass over Luehring's shoulder on the outside - Luehring had a beatiful "drag your feet" sideline catch. I am pretty sure Leuhring had 15 TD catches in the regular season and he had 2 more agaisnt Richland. Pretty good for a young kid.

I dont know Luehring's total stats, but id say 40+ catches for 700+ yards and 15 td's.  Pretty good for a sophmore.  It also helps having Nichols as the QB, he gives the receivers a catchable ball.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ifoughtpiranhas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:21 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
ifoughtpiranhas wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
G wrote:chale and smith from north border are some pretty good wide outs...leurigh from dakota prairie is pretty good too

I agree their, and its Luehring by the way from DP.  Hes a sophmore. Tough to cover deep.  It was 3 and 35 on their on 5 yard line last night with DP down 38 to 36 with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  He took a quickslant 50 yards for a first down.  It led to DP going up 44 to 36.

Chale and Smith are both big, fast, and can jump.  I watched them play Lakota and Dakota Prairie.  Carpenter does a nice job finding both of these two.  They offer good size, the biggest thing is they are both tough matchups.
I have seen DP play a few times. Leuhring is uncoverable. He has a rediculous first step off of the line. A few of us went and watched the DP Richland game and saw the quick slant play for 50. Speed kills. He also made a few other tough grabs that game. One tough catch where Nichols through a perfect 30 yard pass over Luehring's shoulder on the outside - Luehring had a beatiful "drag your feet" sideline catch. I am pretty sure Leuhring had 15 TD catches in the regular season and he had 2 more agaisnt Richland. Pretty good for a young kid.

I dont know Luehring's total stats, but id say 40+ catches for 700+ yards and 15 td's.  Pretty good for a sophmore.  It also helps having Nichols as the QB, he gives the receivers a catchable ball.

I think those numbers seem about right. He is great for a young kid. Great Athlete.  I think he is probably going to have to play QB next year.
ifoughtpiranhas

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 am

Im not comparing the 2 teams.  I am showing that Region 3 has some pretty good wideouts.

Dakota Prairie's receivers.

Tyler Luehring, sophmore, 34-878, 15 TDs

Mitchell Brodell, senior, 38-821, 14 TDs

Kyle Lamb, sophmore, 33-493, 6 TDs

North Border's Receivers.

Dustyn Chale, senior, 29-611, 6 TDs

Mike Smith, juinior,  23-587, 9 TDs
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ocho Siete » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 am

Well now, if we can include last year, there was this stud reciever...I believe he wore #87.........................................LOL yeah right

Really though, I saw Mauch play last weekend, and was very impressed...not just great hands, but he was hard to bring down and gave Hillsboro some problems throughout the game.  Of course, their QB was incredible that game, and maybe Mauch (not that he isn't good because he is) is feeding off of that.

Yes, I did just contradict myself mid-paragraph....sue me
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby player10 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:25 pm

Dane Dhuyvetter for Divide County may not have the stats, because DC is mainly a running team, but when it comes to clutch catches at crucial times in a game my money is on him.  He made some very big catches today in a DC win over Richardton Taylor.  Very solid wide out that can block also. 
player10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Prime Time » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:37 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Im not comparing the 2 teams.  I am showing that Region 3 has some pretty good wideouts.

two players with almost 1000 yards receiving on the same team?!?! and they have yet another game on saturday to stack up the yards. thats just sick
Last edited by Prime Time on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:40 pm

Prime Time wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Im not comparing the 2 teams.  I am showing that Region 3 has some pretty good wideouts.

two players with almost 1000 yards receiving on the same team?!?! and they have yet another game on saturday to stack up the yards. thats just sick

After the E-K game, Luehring has 37 catches with 940 and 17 tds.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Prime Time » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:52 pm

o ya, only 60 yards away for the sophomore. how bout for brodell--how many yards does he have now after the e-k game
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Prime Time wrote:o ya, only 60 yards away for the sophomore. how bout for brodell--how many yards does he have now after the e-k game

Id say anywhere from 850 to 900.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby kurtis21 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:35 pm

fb fan 4 life wrote:Who are the best wide receivers in the state? Who do you think will be all state at wr?

Dane Dhuyvetter is the best WR in nine man... .amazing catch and good athletic skills !!! and he is best on kick return and punt return in all state !
kurtis21

Re: Re:

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:32 am

kurtis21 wrote:
fb fan 4 life wrote:Who are the best wide receivers in the state? Who do you think will be all state at wr?

Dane Dhuyvetter is the best WR in nine man... .amazing catch and good athletic skills !!! and he is best on kick return and punt return in all state !

Thats a bold statement, for your first post ever on Preps.

There are many good ones out there, Jame Mauch-Hankinson, Dillon Oston- H/P/F/S, Dustyn Chale- North Border, Mike Smith- North Border, Tyler Luehring- Dakota Prairie, and that Henson kid from Glenburn.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re: Best WR

Postby jtdc492 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:15 pm

Cole Bender from Wilton won't get much press because of how poorly they did, but he made some fantastic Randy Moss catches for big plays.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Re: Re:

Postby AC-DC » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:23 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
kurtis21 wrote:

Thats a bold statement, for your first post ever on Preps.

There are many good ones out there, Jame Mauch-Hankinson, Dillon Oston- H/P/F/S, Dustyn Chale- North Border, Mike Smith- North Border, Tyler Luehring- Dakota Prairie, and that Henson kid from Glenburn.

But the statement may be true. He may not have all the numbers, because DC has many other weapons, but Dane definetly makes the big plays when needed, on both sides of the ball. Just ask Central McLean. It's a shame we don't get more TV coverage up here, then you could see some of his highlight videos.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rook » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:45 am

i agree, dane may not get all the stats, but he is just as good, if not better than any other reciever in the state, and i personally have not seen a better punt or kick returner in the state, he finds his blocks and reads them very well
rook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby imperials » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:35 am

rook wrote:i agree, dane may not get all the stats, but he is just as good, if not better than any other reciever in the state, and i personally have not seen a better punt or kick returner in the state, he finds his blocks and reads them very well

i would put evan gross up there with anyone as far as a punt/kick returner
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby adriana » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:07 am

Mauch from Hankinson is definitely one of the best...Ostrom too
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:41 am

adriana wrote:Mauch from Hankinson is definitely one of the best...Ostrom too

One thing about Mauch is looking at his stats this year unless you knew about him before and how good he was you wouldn't be all that impressed. His numbers weren't off the charts and in no way did they reflect how much of a threat he really is.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby adriana » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:20 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
adriana wrote:Mauch from Hankinson is definitely one of the best...Ostrom too

One thing about Mauch is looking at his stats this year unless you knew about him before and how good he was you wouldn't be all that impressed. His numbers weren't off the charts and in no way did they reflect how much of a threat he really is.

Well i was impressed when i watched him play...i've never paid attention to his stats.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:03 pm

the thing about mauch and ostrom stats is that, yeah, they are going to be lower than a mitchell brodel, luehring, mike smith, dusty chale.... but thats only because their offenses are designed to run. If you put Mauch or Ostrom on a DP or NB offense i'm sure theyd have just the same amount of stats....FSHP only passes the ball about 10-15 times a game....Hankinson a few more, but they still have more rushes that passes.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tommykramer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:25 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:the thing about mauch and ostrom stats is that, yeah, they are going to be lower than a mitchell brodel, luehring, mike smith, dusty chale.... but thats only because their offenses are designed to run. If you put Mauch or Ostrom on a DP or NB offense i'm sure theyd have just the same amount of stats....FSHP only passes the ball about 10-15 times a game....Hankinson a few more, but they still have more rushes that passes.

I agree with you on Ostrom - but Hankinson ran the spread, and were definately a passing team! To Mauchs' defense - most defenses were designed to stop him.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:24 pm

yeah. fshp only threw more than 15 passes probably about 2 or 3 games.. i saw hankinson play once and yeah they ran the spread, but i was just lookin on ndhsaa and saw they had 208 running attempts compared to 16o some passes
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bison fan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:10 pm

if you watch Hankinson Play you absolutely do notice that they are a passin team no doubt about it
Bison fan

Postby Dragon32 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Jade Davis from st.john
Dragon32

Postby future star » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:52 am

Tyler Allery.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:43 am

future star wrote:Tyler Allery.

From where?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man