Richland at Dakota Prarie

The teams in 9 Man

Postby booyah » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Any thoughts on who will win this one?
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:50 pm

dp just has too much offense. lowest offensive output so far this season is 40 points. gone over gone over 50 points six times and over 60 twice.
rep

Postby tommykramer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:05 am

I heard somewhere that Manger(DP) got most of his offense from Sheehan when they coached together in the Shrine game 2 seasons ago.  Does Richland know how to stop their own offense?  Hankinson ran the spread against Richland and had their lowest output of the season with only 19 points.  This game could be interesting!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:34 am

I expect a good game, 
I will be there, hopefully I don't jinx them like I have in the past.

Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby gophers18 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:50 am

[user=908]tommykramer[/user] wrote:
I heard somewhere that Manger(DP) got most of his offense from Sheehan when they coached together in the Shrine game 2 seasons ago.  Does Richland know how to stop their own offense?  Hankinson ran the spread against Richland and had their lowest output of the season with only 19 points.  This game could be interesting!
Thats what this game will end up as a coaching duel. Richland has improved drastically but they are going to have to win by playing defense. Same with Dakota Prairie they won't win just with their offense.
gophers18

Postby coachk » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:00 am

Does anyone know what radio station will carry this game and if it will be on internet? I will have to go with Richland on this game but have been wrong most of the time!!!!!!! I too probably would jinx them.
Last edited by coachk on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
coachk

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:19 am

i too think richland might get the upset here...they are a real physical team with a great defense...i dont know if they can handle dp's pass game though..
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:32 am

I am sure KZZY in Devils Lake will carry the game 103.5 fm

I listened to the Lakota, North border game on the internet I was on the edge of my seat.

http://www.lrradioworks.com/index.htm
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:39 am

I have to go with Dakota Pairie, my home town of Tolna is in that coop and I have followed this team for years Nichols has started since his sophomore year and he has a great cast of receivers not just one go to guy.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby G » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:34 pm

gophers18 wrote:[user=908]tommykramer[/user] wrote:

Thats what this game will end up as a coaching duel.
Richland has improved drastically but they are going to have to win by playing defense. Same with Dakota Prairie they won't win just with their offense.

Im sure dakota prairie will win with just their offense...only because they have no defense...they must give up at least 25 points a game...any team that gives up 25 points a game and still wins, wins it with their offense
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:12 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I am sure KZZY in Devils Lake will carry the game 103.5 fm

I listened to the Lakota, North border game on the internet I was on the edge of my seat.

http://www.lrradioworks.com/index.htm

Nope, KZZY is covering the Lakota game
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby that one guy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:59 pm

Dakota Prarie has this game.
that one guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:29 pm

if they go in to the game with that confidence..they'll be in for a long game...richland is not a pushover by far
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:57 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:if they go in to the game with that confidence..they'll be in for a long game...richland is not a pushover by far

Ohh I know for a fact that DP isn't coming into this game thinking its going to be pushover.   If DP comes out and plays their football game they will be very successful.  I don't know much about Richland other then Magner (DP's Coach) and Sheehen (Richland's coach) were coaches together in the 2006 Shrine Bowl.  Magner took some of his plays out of the spread offense.  I heard that Richland has kind of went away from the spread and more to of a power running game. I also remember their middle backer or outside backer being all state as a sophmore, John Besette. He was a tackling machine in the state championship.  DP is very good at what they do.  Nichols spreads the ball around, he can throw it all over the field.  The key to this game will be if Severson gets rolling.  If he can get 4 to 5 yards on his carries he will make the passing game that much better.  I am excited to see what new wrinkle their offense will have this game.  I am going to predict 44-32 DP.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Soulja_Boy2223 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:23 am

im goin to say Dakota Prairie in a close one.
Soulja_Boy2223
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lloyd christmas » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:53 am

i do think richland is better than their record shows, and their #4 seed shows, but i don't see them stopping the dp offense and i've seen great improvements the last couple games in the dp defense. not taking anything away from richland but i predict a dp win by 2 touchdowns or more
lloyd christmas

Postby nicholi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:44 pm

Does anyone know if this game is being broadcasted?
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:31 pm

I can't find it but i sure wish i could, this game definately should be!

Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby nicholi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:33 pm

Has anybody heard anything on this game????
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gophers18 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:34 pm

Richland led at the half 12-8 but now last heard in the 4th DP 28-24 over Richland
gophers18

Postby gophers18 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:53 pm

a wild 4th quarter and it is now tied 44-44 between Richland and Dakota Prairie also Cleveland Indians up 2-0  way to go Hafner and crew
gophers18

Postby nicholi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Dakota Prairie won 50-44 in overtime
nicholi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:27 am

The score was 28-18 at the half in favor of DP.  DP only scored two touchdowns in the second half.  The big key to this game was the two point conversions.  Richland actually scored 1 more regulation touchdown than DP.  I also found it interesting that NDHSAA would send a Hope/Finley crew to this game.  When you have refs available from D.L., Grand Forks, Valley City, Jamestown, and Carrington, why would you send a crew from a competing 9 man area?
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:08 am

tommykramer wrote:The score was 28-18 at the half in favor of DP.  DP only scored two touchdowns in the second half.  The big key to this game was the two point conversions.  Richland actually scored 1 more regulation touchdown than DP.  I also found it interesting that NDHSAA would send a Hope/Finley crew to this game.  When you have refs available from D.L., Grand Forks, Valley City, Jamestown, and Carrington, why would you send a crew from a competing 9 man area?

That is very interesting on the two point conversions,

I am confused as to what difference the reffing crew made.

Do you mean the Hope guys did'nt get to see their own playoff game?

My guess would be is that AAA and AA had their final seaons games last night as well so the reffing crews may not have been freed up.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man