The teams in 9 Man

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:22 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:as do i....with grothmann gion grothman following him

Ok lets go with....

1. Johannson

2. Grothmann

3. Gion

4. Gross

5 through 10.....  to name some candidates Severson? Ihry? Cooley? Kosel?
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Soulja_Boy2223 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:23 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i've seen severson and johanson....they are better than james because of thier experience of the game...all i'm saying is that i beleive that ihry is one  of the top 10 in the state... its my opinion and i'm sure if you asked some teams he's played theyd say the same thing ...maybe

i've played him since 7th grade. and i don't think he is top 10.
Soulja_Boy2223
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:00 am

and just where exactly are you from?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fb_fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 am

I would like to throw the name Bryce Woodbury from Richland out. He is injured right now, but he is a hard nosed runner. He rushed for around 165-170 against FSHP and the same against wyndmere Lidgerwood. I would say if he was healthy he would have easily eclipsed the 1000 yard mark this year. anybody else hink he is good or am I off base?
Last edited by fb_fan on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
fb_fan

Postby fb_fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:35 am

I agree Gross is good, but when they played EK this year, they didn't play him when the gamee was on the line. They lined Leber up at fullback and McCleary up at Halfback and pounded it at them. If it wasn't for that EK would have won the game. I thought that was a very interesting when I saw that. They didn't use him when the game was tight. Does that say something about his coaches confidence in him?? Just a thought to ponder I guess.

I do think gross is a good back, but when I saw that, I had a little different view about him.
Last edited by fb_fan on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fb_fan

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 am

fb_fan wrote:I agree Gross is good, but when they played EK this year, they didn't play him when the gamee was on the line. They lined Leber up at fullback and McCleary up at Halfback and pounded it at them. If it wasn't for that EK would have won the game. I thought that was a very interesting when I saw that. They didn't use him when the game was tight. Does that say something about his coaches confidence in him?? Just a thought to ponder I guess.

I do think gross is a good back, but when I saw that, I had a little different view about him.

That is interesting?  What was the score when this happened?

The coach might trust McCleary hanging onto the ball a little more.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:41 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
fb_fan wrote:I agree Gross is good, but when they played EK this year, they didn't play him when the gamee was on the line. They lined Leber up at fullback and McCleary up at Halfback and pounded it at them. If it wasn't for that EK would have won the game. I thought that was a very interesting when I saw that. They didn't use him when the game was tight. Does that say something about his coaches confidence in him?? Just a thought to ponder I guess.

McCleary is also more of a powerback, where as Gross is more of a speed back. With a team like EK, Napoleon might have needed a guy to carry a couple guys on his back to get that extra yard or two.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:45 am

bballfan_05 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

McCleary is also more of a powerback, where as Gross is more of a speed back. With a team like EK, Napoleon might have needed a guy to carry a couple guys on his back to get that extra yard or two.

Also McCleary might be a little more willing to stick his nose in there and push the pile when they need it most.  McCleary also isn't a guy thats going to break the long one, hes goin to get yards in short chunks.  He's a back that eats time of the clock to finish the game.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:55 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Also McCleary might be a little more willing to stick his nose in there and push the pile when they need it most.  McCleary also isn't a guy thats going to break the long one, hes goin to get yards in short chunks.  He's a back that eats time of the clock to finish the game.

completely disagree...mccleary broke a 55-yard run in the ek/napoleon game that was one of the most amazing runs i've seen. broke one tackle, hurdled another guy and then outran two more. he can break a long run.
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:32 am

rep wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

completely disagree...mccleary broke a 55-yard run in the ek/napoleon game that was one of the most amazing runs i've seen. broke one tackle, hurdled another guy and then outran two more. he can break a long run.

Yea, he moves pretty well for a big guy.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indagame » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:55 am

this board needs to stop bashing napoleon..and their running game....and all this talk about them running up the score is a bunch of crap....in every single game they play their varsity until they have a 30 point lead to have the continous clock rule in play and put their jv in immediately.....Napoleon uses their tailbacks like crazy and always have.....look at the past number of carries their other tailbacks have gotten....dewald has the state record for carries in the state championsip game...that is how they run their offense
Indagame

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:58 am

so they arent confident with a 28 point lead just because the clock wont run continuously? Most teams take out their starters for most if not sometimes all of the second half...even if they dont have a 30 point lead sometimes.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:15 am

Indagame wrote:this board needs to stop bashing napoleon..and their running game....and all this talk about them running up the score is a bunch of crap....in every single game they play their varsity until they have a 30 point lead to have the continous clock rule in play and put their jv in immediately.....Napoleon uses their tailbacks like crazy and always have.....look at the past number of carries their other tailbacks have gotten....dewald has the state record for carries in the state championsip game...that is how they run their offense

Then please explain how Napolean manages to beat some teams by over 40, when their JV players rarely score of the points....?
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb_fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:36 am

I wasn't bashing Napoleon or Gross. I was stating a fact. McCleary was the halfback when the game ws on the line. I have no idea how many rushing yards Gross had to that point. What I am willing to say is I do believe that besides Napolean and EK I think that region is very weak. There are some teams in the playoffs that are not that good. Gross has accomplished a lot and runs hard. I am taking nothing away from him. I wass just wondering if he was the best, why is he not in there at crunch time??
fb_fan

Postby bcourtbraves » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Mitch Laducer from St. John......
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:51 pm

update in hillsboro hankinson28 hillsboro26  middle 3rd qtr
homer

Postby G » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:36 pm

i think fullbacks need to start getting some credit...usually its the lead back that makes the running backs look good...after watching the lakota and north border game which was amazing i realized how good of a lead back tyson taylor was...every play he stuck his noze in there and blasted a whole for carpenter...and for novak, his lead blocking and johannesons speed im surprised johannesons didnt beat gross' 466 but johannesons 380 was still pretty impressive...i wanna know who the fullbacks are for gross, grothman, and the other leading runningbacks in the state 
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Grothmann is the full back, he creates his runs....but dont get me wrong his line is dang good as well
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pfenix » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:42 pm

Initially MR had all-state guard Devan Laufer at Full back in  the beginning of the season, but he broke his hand after the RTh and had to wear a cast.  I can't imagine that he could carry the ball very well so they moved him back to guard and converted TE Jay Grosz into a full back.  They both are great blockers no matter where they put them, but grosz is doing a good job.  He's a triple threat:  He can run routes and catch, run the ball, and block. 
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:42 pm

G wrote:i think fullbacks need to start getting some credit...usually its the lead back that makes the running backs look good...after watching the lakota and north border game which was amazing i realized how good of a lead back tyson taylor was...every play he stuck his noze in there and blasted a whole for carpenter...and for novak, his lead blocking and johannesons speed im surprised johannesons didnt beat gross' 466 but johannesons 380 was still pretty impressive...i wanna know who the fullbacks are for gross, grothman, and the other leading runningbacks in the state 

Grothmann is a fullback.  They run triple option so he gets a lot of carries.

McCleary is the full back for Gross.

After watching todays Lakota v. NB game, I am saying that Lance Johannson is the best runningback in the state.  Hands down.  Fast, strong, shifty.  Total package.  He carried Lakota all game long.  Against the region champs.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:30 am

COACHWEST wrote:This topic is exactly why so many people say so many foolish things.  These kids are all great kids.  Stats do not matter!  Some coaches like to play starters longer.  Some do not believe in running up scores.  Some do not have subs to play with.  There are too many variables to try to compare.  Don't pre-judge someone if your not in their shoes.  Don't take it out on the athletes. 

Sorry to tell some of you this.......but high school athletics is not about media. 
What the heck are you talking about?  No one said anything about the media or anything like that.  They're just comparing running backs across the state of ND and curious as to why one has so many more carries then one of the others.  There is no need to get worked up over this topic.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:48 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
COACHWEST wrote:This topic is exactly why so many people say so many foolish things.  These kids are all great kids.  Stats do not matter!  Some coaches like to play starters longer.  Some do not believe in running up scores.  Some do not have subs to play with.  There are too many variables to try to compare.  Don't pre-judge someone if your not in their shoes.  Don't take it out on the athletes. 

Sorry to tell some of you this.......but high school athletics is not about media. 
What the heck are you talking about?  No one said anything about the media or anything like that.  They're just comparing running backs across the state of ND and curious as to why one has so many more carries then one of the others.  There is no need to get worked up over this topic.
no kidding its guys like those..that just come on here trying to start fights and put words in peoples mouths that cause all the trouble especially when people just voice their opinion.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AR » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:03 am

Amen,  He is the fastest kid on the team.  AND one of the the best backs in the state.  He just doesn't get the carries.  Ask E-K what happens when he does.  One of the best blocking backs I've seen too.
AR
NDPreps Rookie

Postby that one guy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:43 pm

I just thought I'd throw up Cooley has 1,200 rushing yards.  Someone earlier mentioned something about putting stats up on here.  I am from Thompson and I think Cooley is a good back.  But that's about all I got for oppinions on players.  I don't know much about the others.
that one guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BlackSox » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:16 am

probably have to go with grothmann
BlackSox

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man