Region 4 Playoff Teams

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:48 pm

Region 4 Playoff Teams

1. St. John (6-0 region)  A win at Towner-Granville-Upham on Tuesday night, and they'll be the #1.  A St. John loss and a North Central Benson win on Tuesday night and there will be a threeway tie for 1st place (much like the Region 3 possiblilty)  It would then go to the NDHSAA tiebreaker formula (regarding point differential)   

2. North Central Benson (5-1 region) Could still be in the running for #1.  See above. With a win on Tuesday night and a TGU loss to St. John, NCB will be the # 2.

3. Towner-Granville-Upham (5-1 region) Could still be in the running for #1.  See above. A loss on Tuesday night to St. John and TGU falls to # 3, EVEN with a North Central Benson loss ... as North Central Benson has the tiebreaker on TGU ( a 24-6 win over the Titans in week # 3) 

4. Wells County (3-3 region)  Has the inside track on the #4 spot.  Still an outside shot for 3 other (2-4) teams in this region ... Maddock, North Star, and Tri-County.  Wells county has the head-to-head tiebreaker over Maddock and Tri-County and Wells County plays North Star at home this Tuesday.

Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd_schwab » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:25 am

wat do u people think these teams will do in the playoffs
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:56 am

Wells Co and TGU will lose in their first round games.  NCB win will their first round game, but then have a matchup with MR in the second round and I cannot see them staying close in that game.  St John has a first round bye and then a matchup with Berthold.  This game could be an upset.  St John has given up 40 and 54 pts to their opponents in the last two weeks.  If they don't step it up on defense they won't survive a run in the playoffs.  If they do win against Berthold I think they end up with MR, too, and that game will not be close either.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:18 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Wells Co and TGU will lose in their first round games.  NCB win will their first round game, but then have a matchup with MR in the second round and I cannot see them staying close in that game.  St John has a first round bye and then a matchup with Berthold.  This game could be an upset.  St John has given up 40 and 54 pts to their opponents in the last two weeks.  If they don't step it up on defense they won't survive a run in the playoffs.  If they do win against Berthold I think they end up with MR, too, and that game will not be close either.

I wouldn't be so sure. You're praising Berthold-Our Redeemer's so we should remember that the B-OR game against Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood was 20-20 with six minutes left in the game. B-OR could upset St. John, but NCB will cruise?

I don't know if I'd bank on NCB beating MLS considering how bad Region 4 is and how much better Region 5 is.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:49 am

Wildcat wrote:I don't know if I'd bank on NCB beating MLS considering how bad Region 4 is and how much better Region 5 is.

Outside of the top 2 teams the region is bad, but I dont see NCB losing the first round. They have one of the top defenses in the state, and also one of the best RB's.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:55 am

Wildcat wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Wells Co and TGU will lose in their first round games.  NCB win will their first round game, but then have a matchup with MR in the second round and I cannot see them staying close in that game.  St John has a first round bye and then a matchup with Berthold.  This game could be an upset.  St John has given up 40 and 54 pts to their opponents in the last two weeks.  If they don't step it up on defense they won't survive a run in the playoffs.  If they do win against Berthold I think they end up with MR, too, and that game will not be close either.

I wouldn't be so sure. You're praising Berthold-Our Redeemer's so we should remember that the B-OR game against Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood was 20-20 with six minutes left in the game. B-OR could upset St. John, but NCB will cruise?

I don't know if I'd bank on NCB beating MLS considering how bad Region 4 is and how much better Region 5 is.

I never said NCB will cruise to a win over MLS.  I just said that they will win the game.  Like Natural Talent said, they have one of the top defenses in the state and also one of the better RB as well.  Plus the game is at home.  NCB will come out on top.  The reason I say that Berthold has a decent shot at an upset over St John is because I think Berthold has a pretty decent offense and St John's defense is shaky the last couple weeks.  St John gave up 54 to TGU....the same team that NCB held to 6 a couple weeks earlier.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:29 am

For those who haven't heard  ...

Region 4 Final Seeds :

#1 . St. John

#2. North Central Benson

#3. Towner-Granville-Upham

#4. Wells County
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:01 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I don't know if I'd bank on NCB beating MLS considering how bad Region 4 is and how much better Region 5 is.

Outside of the top 2 teams the region is bad, but I dont see NCB losing the first round. They have one of the top defenses in the state, and also one of the best RB's.

Outside of the top two teams? Will someone please tell me who St. John lost to and what that team's record is right now?

Region 4 is the weakest 9-man region in the state. They do have a good defense, but I think it should be noted that seven of the their eight games did come against Region 4 teams.

They have a good defense, but not one of the tops in the state, considering how many 9-man teams there are. I'm not saying they're a bad team. MLS has a decent quarterback and good running game, I could see both teams coming out on top in different situations, but I'm not willing to say that NCB will for sure win.

That being said, Haagenson is a good player, but I hear he's better on defense than offense. I don't know if that's true. Also, is he a senior and is he going to college somewhere?
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:04 am

St. John is undefeated.  8-0.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:06 am

Yes they are.  Sorry, my fault
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:44 am

Wildcat wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

Outside of the top two teams? Will someone please tell me who St. John lost to and what that team's record is right now?

Region 4 is the weakest 9-man region in the state. They do have a good defense, but I think it should be noted that seven of the their eight games did come against Region 4 teams.

They have a good defense, but not one of the tops in the state, considering how many 9-man teams there are. I'm not saying they're a bad team. MLS has a decent quarterback and good running game, I could see both teams coming out on top in different situations, but I'm not willing to say that NCB will for sure win.

That being said, Haagenson is a good player, but I hear he's better on defense than offense. I don't know if that's true. Also, is he a senior and is he going to college somewhere?

Overall, region 4 probably is the weakest region in the state.  I don't know if the top teams rank up with the top teams in other regions.  However, nobody from this region has played a top team from another region besides TGU and Wells, the #3 and #4 teams.  NCB's nonregion game was against Drayton-STV and St John's nonregion game was against AEE, both non playoff teams from Region 3.  TGU played EK alright in the first game of the year, but ended up losing by about 20.  Wells Co played their nonregion game against Lakota at the start of the season and got blasted by 40.  I would have liked to see NCB and SJ play against a top team from one of the other regions just to see how they stack up.
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 pm

I agree, I guess we'll find out for sure. To be honest, IMO, I think NCB will get the farthest in the playoffs, if I had to pick a team from Region 4 to go the farthest.

I wouldn't mind seeing St. John and NCB meet up again in the playoffs. I know it would take an upset of Mott-Regent (which isn't unheard of).

I would pick NCB cause I think they have improved more and are a better team than when they lost to St. John at the beginning of the year. I know St. John has improved too, but I'd still take NCB.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pfenix » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 pm

I wouldn't count out the region 6 number 4 quite yet.  Either RTH or Hettinger could end up in that game.  If RTH is the 4th seed and makes it to that game St John will have their hands full.  If it's Hettinger I predict a shootout.  Regardless I'd like to see how the woodchucks do in the playoffs.  When was the last time they made it to the post season?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:05 pm

I dont ever remember them being there, it would have to be 10+ years ago for sure....Long time anyway
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Redskins377 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 pm

st. john has never made playoffs
Redskins377

Return to 9 - Man