Region 2 Playoff Teams

The teams in 9 Man

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Region 2 Playoff Teams

1. Hillsboro (6-0 region) Already # 1. LOCK

2. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page (5-1 region) Already # 2. LOCK.  Even with a loss and a Wyndmere-Lidgerwood win next week, F-S-H-P has the tiebreaker, a 38-14 win last week.

3. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (4-2 region) Already # 3. LOCK. They can't move up, and even with a loss this Friday, they hold the tiebreaker over both Richland (a 28-22 win in week #3) and Hankinson (a 36-35 win in week # 5)

4. Richland (3-3 region) or Hankinson (3-3) Region.  If both win, Richland holds the head to head tiebreaker (a 32-19 win in week # 7) Same goes if both lose.  And if Richland loses and Hankinson wins ... Hankinson would be # 4.  Northern Cass would need a win and Richland and Hankinson losses to get into a threeway tie at 3-4, but Northern Cass has lost to both in the regular season, and I don't believe the point differential is in their favor.  
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ocho Siete » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:33 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:Region 2 Playoff Teams

2. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page (5-1 region) Already # 2. LOCK.  Even with a loss and a Wyndmere-Lidgerwood win next week, F-S-H-P has the tiebreaker, a 38-14 win last week.

3. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (4-2 region) Already # 3. LOCK. They can't move up, and even with a loss this Friday, they hold the tiebreaker over both Richland (a 28-22 win in week #3) and Hankinson (a 36-35 win in week # 5)

4. Richland (3-3 region) or Hankinson (3-3) Region.  If both win, Richland holds the head to head tiebreaker (a 32-19 win in week # 7) Same goes if both lose.  And if Richland loses and Hankinson wins ... Hankinson would be # 4.  Northern Cass would need a win and Richland and Hankinson losses to get into a threeway tie at 3-4, but Hankinson has lost to both in the regular season, and I don't believe the point differential is in their favor.  

Nice read, thanks for putting these up...kinda surprised though, when I first looked at the teams involved, I didn't think the seeds would be locked up this in-depth now...I figured there would be more last-game decisions.

That being said, I think Richland will get the #4 spot, void some crazy upsets that could happen.  Richland hosts GCC, which should be a win for Richland, and Hankinson will have their hands full traveling down to Hillsboro, a team that should go very deep into the playoffs this year.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan4323 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:01 am

4. Richland (3-3 region) or Hankinson (3-3) Region.  If both win, Richland holds the head to head tiebreaker (a 32-19 win in week # 7) Same goes if both lose.  And if Richland loses and Hankinson wins ... Hankinson would be # 4.  Northern Cass would need a win and Richland and Hankinson losses to get into a threeway tie at 3-4, but Hankinson has lost to both in the regular season, and I don't believe the point differential is in their favor.  

Hankinson beat Northern Cass, they have lost to F-S/H-P, Wyndmere and Richland
sportsfan4323
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:53 am

sportsfan4323 wrote:

Hankinson beat Northern Cass, they have lost to F-S/H-P, Wyndmere and Richland

Meant to say Northern Cass has lost to both in the regular season.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man